Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Postby allanh » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:27 pm

"...Also, if I load the Philharmonik 2 as a standalone, all the sounds come after a long pause no matter if I play via screen piano keys or via usb connected keyboard. From SampleTank 3 it works normally."

I see this consistently, also.
allanh

Postby feldor » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:52 pm

egam wrote:I have a problem with the Sampletank 3 / Miroslav Philharmonik 2 library path.
I have set my library path in Miroslav Symphonik 2 to D:\MP2Lib.
If i now open Sampletank 3 it begins to scan D:\MP2Lib and after it finishes the Sampletank 3 Library is not available, because the library path in ST3 automatically gets set to the same library path as in Miroslav Symphonik 2. The only way around it seems to cancel scanning when i am starting Sampletank 3.

The Sampletank 3 and Miroslav 2 library path should be independent of eachother.

I moved the Miroslav Symphonik 2 libraries to the same place where others with SampleTank 3 are, but I agree with you. They should have their own library paths.

Cheers...
feldor

Postby DarkStar » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:23 pm

I've just seen this in the FAQs (ID 3677):
Miroslav 2 is designed to be an expansion library to the SampleTank 3 collection or to run by itself. If you do not have SampleTank 3 installed, a folder will be created for the sounds, as SampleTank 3 and Miroslav 2 share the same sounds path.

If you do not have SampleTank 3 installed, that is ok. The directory will be created for you under the SampleTank 3 name, or you can simply name a custom directory yourself.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Miroslav Philharmonik 2 - Users' solutions and answers

Postby bluesplayer » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:21 pm

Darkstar

is that a "concur" (same issue) or "interesting" (becasue it works for me)?

In any case, I would have thought that since more than a few foks have same issue with non-ECO pianos that IK would see it and release a new .pak file (or whatever problem is) by now becasue this is their new "Flagship" product and I would have thought FIRST instrument they would check after Violins would be the Piano. and they don't want rollout problems like this
bluesplayer

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:35 pm

allanh wrote:"...Also, if I load the Philharmonik 2 as a standalone, all the sounds come after a long pause no matter if I play via screen piano keys or via usb connected keyboard. From SampleTank 3 it works normally."

Sounds like your buffer size is too large in your audio settings. If this isn't the case, let support know and they will troubleshoot directly with you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:45 pm

Support and Development are aware of the issues occurring with the piano but I don't have an ETA on a fix at this time. I'll keep checking and see what's going on as I can.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby feldor » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:02 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
allanh wrote:"...Also, if I load the Philharmonik 2 as a standalone, all the sounds come after a long pause no matter if I play via screen piano keys or via usb connected keyboard. From SampleTank 3 it works normally."

Sounds like your buffer size is too large in your audio settings. If this isn't the case, let support know and they will troubleshoot directly with you.

Ok now I feel stupid, it was that buffer size (with wrong driver) but I didn't first check it as it worked within SampleTank 3 and in my DAW Cubase. Seems that the standalone program wasn't using my audio interface's ASIO driver by default and had DirectSound, the buffer size was pretty high because of that etc. Anyway, this problem is solved at least for me, thanks :)
And good to know that the other (more major..) problem with the Grand Piano sounds is being checked by the devs. as you wrote in that another post.

Cheers...
feldor

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:18 pm

No need to feel stupid, just remember that a standalone program is not going to use the same audio settings as its plugin counterpart. I tend to check this first because when I use virtual instruments on my laptop quickly without hooking up a real audio interface, getting the buffer setting set reasonably using a built-in soundcard is "challenging" sometimes to say the least :)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tambour » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:59 pm

I get the Message:

The Miroslav Philharmonik 2 Sound Content (1 of 16) and (6 of 16) installation failed.
Unable to copy the instrument.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been around 6 times in vain attempts to install now!?
Last edited by tambour on Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tambour

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:10 pm

tambour wrote:I get the Message:

The Miroslav Philharmonik 2 Sound Content (6 of 16) installation failed.
Unable to copy the instrument.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been around 6 times in vain attempts to install now!?

Have you reported your issue to support? Please do so if you have not, along with your system information etc so they can assist you directly.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tambour » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:22 pm

Thank you Peter IK, i will report to the Support!
tambour

Postby egam » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:33 pm

feldor wrote:I moved the Miroslav Symphonik 2 libraries to the same place where others with SampleTank 3 are, but I agree with you. They should have their own library paths.

Cheers...

Thank you. I moved all Miroslav Philharmonik 2 contents to the respective Sample Tank 3 library folders and after a rescan it works now.

However, there should be a possibility to have different folders for the Sample Tank Librarys. What if my hard drive is full and i like to install a new library and have to use another hard drive? I have to use another path then, right?
egam

Postby sidroe » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:38 am

Do the sound installers for Miroslav 2 put the library in the Sampletank 3 in a separate folder or do the sounds go in the old Miroslav folder with the already existing Miroslav sounds? I am confused about the installation of the sounds. I have my Sampletank 3 library on a second hard drive. Should I install the Miroslav 2 library in Sampletank 3 first and then install Miroslav 2 and point it to the Sampletank folder? I just need a very precise direction on how to install the sound library!
sidroe

Re: Miroslav Philharmonik 2 - Users' solutions and answers

Postby degaffman » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:39 am

"The Miroslav 2 Sound Content (1 of 16) installation failed. Unable to copy the instruments" error message

I'm getting the same error - multiple tries - it's not fixing itself. I put zip files in a "MP2" folder I created on the C drive and unzipped them there to get around the long filename issue. Copied extracted files back to my downloads folder and tried to run the sound installation part 1 from there - copying files to my D driver I use for sound storage (where I have sample tank sounds).
degaffman

Postby egam » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:10 am

sidroe wrote:Do the sound installers for Miroslav 2 put the library in the Sampletank 3 in a separate folder or do the sounds go in the old Miroslav folder with the already existing Miroslav sounds?

In every of the 16 sound installers simply choose your Sampletank 3 Library Folder as installation folder for the Miroslav 2 Library.
egam

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More