SampleTank 4 SE download problems!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 4 SE download problems!

Postby squeakD » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:08 am

Something isn’t going right with my download. Under the Sounds Download section there is 12 items to download, with downloading 10 at a time the limit. I downloaded all of the sound files, my system showed them downloading, then HOURS later when I went to unzip them they weren’t all there.

All I had to unzip was both SampleTank3 parts, Guitars Part 1, Voices, and I think synths. What happened to the rest of the sound data? I opened ST4 and there are clearly sounds missing.

It’s a mess. The sound library update isn’t downloading successfully. I keep getting an Error pop up menu when selecting sounds.

Thx!
squeakD

Re: SampleTank 4 SE download problems!

Postby DarkStar » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:12 am

I am sorry to hear about the problems you have run into.

All I can suggest is:
-- scrap the currently-installed sounds library, as it has problems,
-- download the sounds files one at a time,
-- check that you can open each one and that there are no download errors,
-- install them one at a time,
-- make a back-up copy of each download (so that you do not need to download them again).

There may well be some sounds library updates too. Make sure you download and install those too.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby squeakD » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:28 pm

Still won’t download properly. I’ve deleted all the sound downloads and started over. After extracting all the files, I keep getting the “aborted install missing sound content message”. I had none of these problems when downloading Philharmonik 2. That went without a single issue.

It’s pointless backing them up if they’re not downloading right.

Sqk
squeakD

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:04 pm

Of course, that is assuming the new download works as expected. I'm not seeing global reports of issues with the SampleTank 4 SE files, so I'd suggest opening a ticket at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support for official and direct support from the support team at IK Mulitmedia. They're best-equipped to resolve issues like this and I'm sure they'll be able to take care.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby squeakD » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:06 pm

Thanks, I submitted a support ticket. I'm at at loss. Yesterday a few downloaded and extracted properly. Today I cannot get any of them to download, extract, and install properly. It'd be nice if one could just simply order a thumb drive with the content ready to install. I haven't seen any boxed copies of SE being offered anywhere.

Sqk
squeakD

Postby DarkStar » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:48 pm

From your other thread, it looks like you have now got ST4 downloaded and installed.

To help other users who may have a similar problem please post a summary of what you did to resolve the problems.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More