toolbar_feed

SampleTank 4 Midi Assignments not save

Syntronik, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik, Sonik Synth, SampleMoog, SampleTron, Xpansion Tank series and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 4 Midi Assignments not save

Postby peterle » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:27 pm

Hello dear community,
if I change the CC values ​​in the menu Midi Assignments these will be lost after each session.
Each time you restart ST4, the factory settings are visible again.
I have already tried it as an administrator! Also without success!

What can I do?
peterle

Re: SampleTank 4 Midi Assignments not save

Postby garfy » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:41 am

Hi peterle

Although I haven't tried it, I'm guessing you would need to save your new CC assignments within a user preset.

I can't see anything in the manual to confirm that though, but let us know if that works out for you.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2011 MBP 2.0 i7, 16GB RAM, macOS10.12.6.
Logic 10.4.4 Reason 8.3
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby peterle » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:38 am

Hi garfy,

there is no explicit save button in the midi page.
However, if you override cc12 with 10 in the menu as an example, and so on, the controls on the keyboard will work accordingly.
As soon as you leave ST4 and start again, the factory settings are restored. A corresponding "* .ini file" or similar which one can edit manually I did not find.
Maybe try it yourself once.

Thank you!
peterle

Postby garfy » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:31 pm

peterle wrote:there is no explicit save button in the midi page.
However, if you override cc12 with 10 in the menu as an example, and so on, the controls on the keyboard will work accordingly.
As soon as you leave ST4 and start again, the factory settings are restored.

Yep, this is the same as for Syntronik.

To get it to save your custom CC mapping after MIDI Learn you need to save it as a Multi after you have changed your assignments. I don't think there is a way to save a user CC Mapping without having instantiated an instrument in a slot.

If you're talking about custom mapping to the Macro section, you can assign without an instrument but you still have to then save as a user multi.

Maybe opening a ticket with Official IK Support and asking them would give you a definitive answer.
Logic 10.4.4 Reason 8.3
garfy

Postby peterle » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:31 pm

Thank you for the answers!

Yes I'm talking about the macro assignment which I open with the Midi symbol.
Where can I find the opportunity to save something as a multi-user?
peterle

Postby garfy » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:49 pm

When you open ST4, at the top/middle of the window you'll see a black box that says "SampleTank 4 Multi"

To the right of this is 3 lines which, if you click it, will give you the option to Initialize or Save As...

Once you have made your CC assignments, Save As... "your own user Multi name" and it will appear in the dropdown box top/middle.

Whenever you open this your CCs assigned to the Macros will be intact and you can load instruments into each part as normal. Be aware that Macros are assigned on a per part basis, so the usefulness of saving assignments this way does depend on your workflow.

Hope that helps.
Logic 10.4.4 Reason 8.3
garfy

Postby peterle » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:18 pm

Thank you,
this is definitely a possibility.
But then you have to load this special multi manually before you do anything. However, finished multis have to be adapted each time.

However, since you do not change your Midi-Controller hardware every day, I do not understand that you can not save this setting as default in this menu, which will load automatically every time.

Thanks again and best regards
peterle

Postby garfy » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:26 pm

peterle wrote:But then you have to load this special multi manually before you do anything. However, finished multis have to be adapted each time.

That would be the case.

peterle wrote:However, since you do not change your Midi-Controller hardware every day, I do not understand that you can not save this setting as default in this menu, which will load automatically every time.

I would suggest a ticket into support for their guidance on that one, but I can't see anything mentioned in the user manual that says this is possible.
Logic 10.4.4 Reason 8.3
garfy

Postby peterle » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:21 pm

If this function does not exist so IK should install this in the next update, I think.
That should certainly not be too big a problem, but would offer real added value.

Yes, I have just hired a support ticket.
peterle

Postby andreas.pratsch » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:18 pm

It is nice to set the global controllers to a controller keyboard. I can live with the fixed controller settings in the midi menu, so i changed my ccs in the controller keyboard. But, there should be a possibility to set the volume cc7 / or expressions cc11 to the global parameters.
It is a little bit strange that the only way is to save these parameters in multi setup ... didn´t try yet, but i will check this as a workaround.
Looks like it is the same in Miroslav 2.
andreas.pratsch

Postby andreas.pratsch » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:40 pm

I am sorry, where do I find the Midi learn feature in ST4? Using V4.04 for Mac OS X but I cannot find any learn feature. :shock:
Which cc controls the volume? In Miroslav 2 you can assign cc7 for volume. But unfortunately I am not able do to so in ST4.
To use the volume slider on my controller keyboard, which cc is the volume in ST4?
andreas.pratsch

Postby garfy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:03 am

andreas.pratsch wrote:I am sorry, where do I find the Midi learn feature in ST4? Using V4.04 for Mac OS X but I cannot find any learn feature. :shock:
Which cc controls the volume? In Miroslav 2 you can assign cc7 for volume. But unfortunately I am not able do to so in ST4.
To use the volume slider on my controller keyboard, which cc is the volume in ST4?

AFAIK, apart from the CC numbers set up for the macro controls (which can be changed), there are no other preset CCs set up.

You can map your hardware manually by right-clicking on the slider/knob on screen and choosing MIDI Learn. Moving your hardware control will then map it to that on-screen control.

It would also appear that, as it uses CCs, you can map the same hardware control to different on-screen controls. For example, the volume control on my MIDI keyboard (CC#7) can be mapped to the on-screen volume for each of the 16 MIDI channels, so that it follows whichever instrument I've selected to play within a multi.

Hope that helps.
Logic 10.4.4 Reason 8.3
garfy

Return to SampleTank & Other Virtual Instruments