Haven't used ST in a long time

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Haven't used ST in a long time

Postby Chance » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:07 am

Man,, oldtimers disease has taken its toll. I've used it many years ago and I loved it. Now I have a project that needs ooo's and ah's in a female choir. I think ST free had that sample. I am running an old Mac G-4 OS 10.4.11. I have ST 2-XL, ST 3-SE, ST-free, ST 2-SE, and ST custom shop (as well as Miroslav Philharmonic). I don't want to use a host like PT and would rather use as a stand alone with the output of my Mac going into the console. I hate to have all these ST's if just one would give me the desired sounds. I opened one of my ST's, successfully loaded the samples, but when I tap the KB on the ST's GUI, no sound is heard and the level meter next to the loaded shows no signal. Of the ST's that I have, will ONE work for my women's choir, and maybe strings?
With my CRS, nothing is coming back, however in the past I only used it with a host (Traction)
Sure could use some help
Chance

Re: Haven't used ST in a long time

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:43 am

Long story short: ST3 SE and Import / consolidate all the libraries.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
(assuming that by Miroslav Philharmonik you mean the original product, not MP 2)

Chance wrote:I have ST 2-XL, ST 3-SE, ST-free, ST 2-SE, and ST custom shop (as well as Miroslav Philharmonic).

Let's tidy these up first. ST Custom Shop is the free version of ST3. ST3 SE trumps it as it has a bigger library. ST Free was replaced by ST Custom Shop. ST2 SE is a subset of ST2 XL. And all ST2 (and your MP) instruments can be Imported into ST3's library and used in ST3 SE.

So you only need the ST3 SE software. I would probably keep ST2 XL installed too. But check the various libraries, install any missing ones and consolidate them (how to do that depends on what you've got).

Chance wrote:Now I have a project that needs ooo's and ah's in a female choir. I think ST free had that sample.
Don't know, but MP does

Chance wrote:would rather use as a stand alone with the output of my Mac going into the console.
All of the products you mentioned will run as stand-alone programs. I do not know about routing to Mac consoles though.

Chance wrote:I hate to have all these ST's if just one would give me the desired sounds.

You can combine / Import all the libraries into ST3 SE.

Chance wrote:I opened one of my ST's, successfully loaded the samples, but when I tap the KB on the ST's GUI, no sound is heard and the level meter next to the loaded shows no signal.

Some instruments are programmed to play only within a particular range (click the [Zone] button to see the range on the virtual keyboard). Try different keys. And try some other instruments.

Chance wrote:Of the ST's that I have, will ONE work for my women's choir, and maybe strings?

Miroslav Philharmonik - you could also use them in ST2 XL or load / Import them into ST3 SE.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Chance » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:06 pm

Is ST 3 SE compatible with an old Mac G-4 running OS 10.4.11?
Chance

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:16 pm

'Fraid not:

System Reqs wrote:Mac® (64-bit) : Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), Mac OS X 10.7 or later.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sampletank3/index.php?pp=sampletank-3-specs

But then, nor is SampleTank 2:
Mac® (32 bit) : Minimal: 1.5 GHz Intel® processor, 1 GB of RAM, Mac OS® X 10.5 or later.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sampletank2/index.php?pp=sampletank-2-xl-specs
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Chance » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:06 pm

Well,, that is interesting. I do not have a Macintel. It is the PPC but using the info you gave me I got ST-2 to work. I loaded the sounds for Miraslav Philharmonic. The womens choir sounds pretty good, however the choir is singing "Oh's" and I am in need of Oo's and Ah's. "Now" my question is: "Is there any way to save the "Oh's" from M Philharmonic, and load Oo's and Ah's from another ST library?
BTW,, Thanks for the help
Chance

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:22 pm

MP has a female "Ah" instrument and ST2 has "Ohs" and "Ahs" too I cannot see any "Oos"
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Chance » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:12 pm

Yes but how can I "save" the oh's from MP, delete the other instruments and load the others from ST-2? That way I will have all the samples (Oo's, Oh's, and ah's) to choose from without loading a whole library
Chance

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:43 pm

Yes, there are several ways.

But let me clear up one thing first. In no cases is the full library loaded - it just sits on disk until you select some instruments. Then only those instruments are loaded.

What I would do is:
(a) move the complete MP library to be a sub-folder in the ST2 library folder,
(b) in MP, Preferences Settings window, select the new MP sub-folder and Relist the MP instruments,
(c) in ST2, simply Relist the instruments - these will now include all the MP instruments.

You can then load all the ones you want in ST2.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Chance » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:30 am

I got it working, but not too many oh's and aha's and no oo's. Is there a master sound library that I can pick from to download what I need? Remember I am running an old Mac PPC G-4 OS 10.4.11 with SampleTank 2.5
Chance

Postby DarkStar » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:01 am

Good Oh (no pun intended ;))!

Master sound library? Perhaps this one:
https://www.esoundz.com/sounds/vocal-collection-sampletank-expansion/4740.html
but most of it looks like human beat-box style.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Chance » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:39 am

Thank youuuuuuuu! I downloaded it and it even has uuuuuuu sounds. This is exactly what I was looking for. You RAWK
Chance

Postby DarkStar » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:37 am

You're welcome :)

Let us hear what you create with them.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Chance » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:18 pm

It's been a while, but someone wanted to hear the IK Ooo's that I put in this small project
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bto5IgmLpHA
Chance

Postby Chance » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:50 am

Will ST free act as a stand alone host (no DAW) that will play these Ooo's & Ahaa's? (PC win XP)
Chance

Postby DarkStar » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:28 pm

It depends - exactly which product / version do you mean?

ST3 Custom Shop (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sampletankcs/?pkey=sampletank-custom-shop) is free, but it is 64-bit only and requires Windows 7 upwards (or Mac OS X 10.7 or later).

ST2.5 will run on Windows XP. I cannot recall what instruments ST2 Free will load.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More