so many problems trying to get miroslav, stron2 and st4 work

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

so many problems trying to get miroslav, stron2 and st4 work

Postby bryanik » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:10 am

miroslav says sounds are installed but nothing sounds or shows up, and in st4 it has the arrow saying its not installed...but in prog mgr it says installed, however it says "17 of 17 files remaining" instead of just the download size

same exact thing with sampletron 2...the sounds are there but not showing up (no presets either) and the prog mgr says "4 of 4..." instead of just the download size

I've pointed the "sounds" folder in the pref of each app to where the sounds are...but nothing

st4 sounds say installed, but st4 max says NOT installed...I don't know how this would have happened but how do I see if they are having the same problems as above? If I have gotten st4 working, is there a way to just add the "max" part to things? The original download files are 196 gb so I'm pretty sure I downloaded the proper files...I clicked on "install" in prog mgr and it just started downloading again...which took about a day to do when I started this...no need when the sounds are here somewhere...

I have a separate drive from the system drive to put all the sounds

when I look at the system drive under ik prog mgr it shows some files in st4 but nothing in another folder called st4 max...

I don't want anything on the system drive that's not needed due to space reasons

clavitube, alan parsons, etc are in the ik folder on the sample library drive but not in the st4 folder...is this ok?
bryanik

Re: so many problems trying to get miroslav, stron2 and st4

Postby DarkStar » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:36 am

To help us help you, can you provide some more info otherwise we would only be guessing):

For each product (ST4, MP2, STron2 etc)
-- exactly which product or bundle do you have?
-- did you install the product and the library using the IK Product Manager ("IKPM")?
-- what path(s) are listed in the software's Preference Settings?
-- for the product's library, what folder contains the "Instruments" and "Samples "folders?
-- what is the total size of the folders and files in that folder?

"st4 sounds say installed, but st4 max says NOT installed." Where are you seeing these two reports?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby bryanik » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:14 pm

studio max 3.5 (st4, mp2, stron 2 etc)

all were installed etc w/prod mgr

I thought I kept switching it to the library drive but its now /users/*me*/documents/ik multimedia. so the system drive

here are pix of miro, st and stron and their folders
https://imgur.com/a/ILAAHRL

miro 57 gb
st 219 gb
stron 8.4 gb

here are some pix from prod mgr (I don't know why they don't seem to show...I've never had to do this before...usually its just drag and drop...I don't know if anyone else can see these pix or not)

https://imgur.com/a/XB7LF7r

https://imgur.com/a/5Ryh7w1

https://imgur.com/a/sCC32J5

https://imgur.com/a/7fKNTVa

https://imgur.com/a/dla4Ajw

https://imgur.com/a/HIwmwdL

https://imgur.com/a/BFzRwN8
bryanik

Postby helier » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:51 pm

Glad to see I am not alone...

I purchased SampleTron 2 over two months ago and I have yet to see it installed and working. I have an open ticket with the tech support and had numerous exchanges but no success. They don't return my emails anymore so here I am.
So far, I managed to download and install the program itself. I also managed to download all the sound ZIP files. I extracted the files and should be able to run the install program for each.

When I try to run the install program for any of the sound files I get the following error:

''Installation aborted. Cannot create the destination folder''

I have ST2 installed under program files\sampletron 2
I also have a subdirectory defined for the sound files: c:\program files\sampletron2\sound content. My computer runs on Win10.

I should be able to install all the sound files under the sound content subdirectory, right?
helier

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:54 pm

I also have a subdirectory defined for the sound files: c:\program files\sampletron2\sound content. My computer runs on Win10.

That is the problem. After Windows XP, Windows is very protective of the Program Files folder (and others), Create a folder elsewhere, e.g. X:/IK Multimedia or X:/IK Multimedia/SampleTron 2 (I cannot remember which) and install the library into there.

@ bryanik
-- what path(s) are listed in the software's Preference Settings?
-- for the product's library, what folder contains the "Instruments" and "Samples "folders?

For screenshots, please see https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=27252
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby helier » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:45 am

Interesting...this is amazing: All the installation programs worked after I redefined the directories on the D drive, as you said. I installed all the samples and everything works perfectly!

After two months of trying, this is a big relief. Thank you sooo much!

My only question now is why does this happen only with IK products? (no need to answer)

Tell Tech support!: none of them suggested this simple solution.
helier

Postby DarkStar » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:34 pm

^^^
Good oh :)
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby DarkStar » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:17 pm

@ bryanik

I managed to see your screenshots in MS Edge (oddly, in Firefox they disappeared after a few seconds).

(a) The 3 software products
All look to be installed OK :). But, click on the [Products] tab to check exactly which edition of the product is Registered / Authorised. You may find that you need to unauthorize them, register some Serial Numbers, and re-authorize them.

(b) Library organisation
It looks like you have some sort of top-level folder with "Instruments" and "Samples" folders in it as well as the 3 product libraries. If you are happy to do it, I would rearrange them slightly:
-- create a top-level folder named "IK Multimedia"
-- move the three product libraries into that folder
-- in the MP2 stand-alone, set the library path to the "Miroslav Philharmonik 2" folder
-- in the STron2 stand-alone, set the library path to the "SampleTron 2" folder
-- in the ST4 stand-alone, set the library path to the "SampleTank 4" folder AND to the other two.

As in:

(c) The library status in IKPM
Now, I'm a bit confused
Two of the sizes you listed seem OK - but not that for SampleTank 4 MAX . I do not know why the IKPM lists them as "N of N files remaining".

But in the IKPM, you also have ST4 SE, MP2 E and 2? ST4 CS. I did not know that the first two were in Total Studio 3.5 MAX.

Anyway, I would check the number of instruments in the 3 "Instruments" folders. Compare them with the lists on the web site product pages.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby bryanik » Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:14 am

thanks again for replying...

I ended up needing to reinstall things from the backup dmg files...

sampletron appears to work

in prog mgr st4 is listed as installed but st4 max is still not...I did not however, install every thing from st4 max...I didn't want some things...but on the system drive, I see st4 w/folders and things (but don't know what they all mean) as well as a st4 max folder (but this folder has nothing in it)

I still have had those random "instrument" etc folders in the pic show up...not sure where they're from

miroslav still doesn't find the piano files...no idea which of the 15 dmg files they're in so that's not cool...don't want to reinstall the entire thing yet again...

amplitube has crashed the whole system (mac pro trashcan, 64 g, mojave, pt 2021.12) when the total cpu was about 17%

st4 seems to sometimes spike the cpu, crash everything yet only be using 1 core of the mac

also, the last instrument I leave in st4 doesn't show up the next time I open the session...it may be playing but doesn't have any indication which sound it is (like in the far right part of the screen...its blank there) what am I missing?
bryanik

Postby DarkStar » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:16 am

The best thing to do is contact Technical Support via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby bryanik » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:11 pm

thanks for all your help! I'm trying to work wthem
bryanik

Postby myconsumerclub » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:25 pm

I would add you might want to check and see if you created a folder with spaces in between IK and multimedia because I had issues with moroslav not readingt the library properly and it was fixed when I changed the file name to ikmultimedia instead of ik multimedia.
myconsumerclub

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More