Syntronik 2 : Syner-V install

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik 2 : Syner-V install

Postby DarkStar » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:30 pm

Peter_IK wrote:... the thread bump reminded me to let people know that if anybody was experiencing Syner-V installation issues, the team fixed those issues early this morning (Italy time). Thank you.


I downloaded the Syner-V .zip files today from My Products and Parts 3 and 4 have an extra level of "Syntronik 2 Sound Content" folders in them. The folder dates are all November 2021. Or is that a different issue?

Image
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
User avatar
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)
 
Posts: 7737
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:42 pm
Location: Surrey, UK

Re: Syntronik 2 Synths Group Buy

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:16 pm

The Product Manager should download and install the updated sounds/installers, I'm not 100% sure except that some folks were reporting issues installing Syner-V a few days ago.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 18043
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: Syntronik 2 : Syner-V install

Postby DarkStar » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:05 pm

Surely the My Products / Sounds Download would access the same download files as the IKPM?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
User avatar
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)
 
Posts: 7737
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:42 pm
Location: Surrey, UK

Re: Syntronik 2 : Syner-V install

Postby PhilipMikols » Sun May 01, 2022 12:17 pm

I ran into an issue with some of the Syner-V samples missing when downloading from the product manager. I did a reinstall and still had the same problem. Syner-V Warm Synth Pad 2.pak and FM Synth Hard.pak were the two I found missing. I manually downloaded and installed all 6 Syner-V.zip files and everything seems to be there and is working fine. I loaded 9 other Syntronic 2 sound packs from the product manager and they all installed correctly.

Thank You for the group buy! Syntronic 2 is AWESOME!
Keyboardist and composer using Studio One Pro.
PhilipMikols
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:06 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Syntronik 2 : Syner-V install

Postby dsgbass » Tue May 03, 2022 5:23 pm

DarkStar wrote:Surely the My Products / Sounds Download would access the same download files as the IKPM?


I compared the Syner-V zip files downloaded by the IK product manager with a manual download from the my products page. They are the same files.

Syner-V Part 3 and Part 4 have a problem with the folder structure as shown in the first post. The content doesn't install properly via the product manager but can be installed manually using the installer from the innermost folder Syntronik 2 Sound Content.
dsgbass
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:15 pm

Re: Syntronik 2 : Syner-V install

Postby hugoagogo » Sun May 08, 2022 6:57 am

dsgbass wrote:
DarkStar wrote:Surely the My Products / Sounds Download would access the same download files as the IKPM?


I compared the Syner-V zip files downloaded by the IK product manager with a manual download from the my products page. They are the same files.

Syner-V Part 3 and Part 4 have a problem with the folder structure as shown in the first post. The content doesn't install properly via the product manager but can be installed manually using the installer from the innermost folder Syntronik 2 Sound Content.


I had a problem with the install on Syner-V today and this was my fix. Thanks to everyone for the thread and the solution.
hugoagogo
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:03 am

Re: Syntronik 2 : Syner-V install

Postby tgorycki » Fri May 13, 2022 4:13 pm

Thanks all, I had the same problem installing the Syner-V files, but your workaround did the trick!
tgorycki
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:20 am

Re: Syntronik 2 : Syner-V install

Postby Peter_IK » Fri May 13, 2022 4:23 pm

The Syner-V install in IK Product Manager was fixed shortly after the initial reports you see above so you should not need a workaround.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 18043
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: Syntronik 2 : Syner-V install

Postby tgorycki » Fri May 13, 2022 7:42 pm

Peter_IK wrote:The Syner-V install in IK Product Manager was fixed shortly after the initial reports you see above so you should not need a workaround.


Thanks for letting us know, Peter! I just downloaded my Syner-V files yesterday afternoon from the My Products area, installed this morning and encountered the issue, so I searched and found this workaround. It's confusing that you can install from either the Product Manager or the My Products section. I like downloading from the My Products section so I can easily backup a copy of the zip files when I'm done.
tgorycki
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:20 am

Re: Syntronik 2 : Syner-V install

Postby Peter_IK » Fri May 13, 2022 8:21 pm

tgorycki wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:The Syner-V install in IK Product Manager was fixed shortly after the initial reports you see above so you should not need a workaround.


Thanks for letting us know, Peter! I just downloaded my Syner-V files yesterday afternoon from the My Products area, installed this morning and encountered the issue, so I searched and found this workaround. It's confusing that you can install from either the Product Manager or the My Products section. I like downloading from the My Products section so I can easily backup a copy of the zip files when I'm done.

You can back up the files that IK Product Manager downloads too. My Products is a fallback and really only meant for any legacy products not supported by IK Product Manager.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 18043
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: Syntronik 2 : Syner-V install

Postby tgorycki » Sat May 14, 2022 1:14 am

Peter_IK wrote:
tgorycki wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:The Syner-V install in IK Product Manager was fixed shortly after the initial reports you see above so you should not need a workaround.


Thanks for letting us know, Peter! I just downloaded my Syner-V files yesterday afternoon from the My Products area, installed this morning and encountered the issue, so I searched and found this workaround. It's confusing that you can install from either the Product Manager or the My Products section. I like downloading from the My Products section so I can easily backup a copy of the zip files when I'm done.

You can back up the files that IK Product Manager downloads too. My Products is a fallback and really only meant for any legacy products not supported by IK Product Manager.

Good to know. Thanks!
tgorycki
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:20 am

Re: Syntronik 2 : Syner-V install

Postby Peter_IK » Sat May 14, 2022 3:22 am

No problem. Check the settings for the location (if you are like me, you'll probably need to check even if you were the one who set the path ;) ) and you can back up the files there. After you have backed those up to another drive you can delete them to save some space.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 18043
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: Syntronik 2 : Syner-V install

Postby ghavet3 » Sat May 14, 2022 3:27 pm

Downloading TODAY May 14 through the My Products page I encountered the same default. I will get around nevertheless. As I often do, I will simply copy and paste the inner files at the appropriate place without even using the installer.
ghavet3
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Syntronik 2 : Syner-V install

Postby Kreeper6 » Sat May 14, 2022 5:23 pm

I have the same issue. Re-downloaded through the IK manger Today and it still installs improperly.
Kreeper6
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:07 pm

Re: Syntronik 2 : Syner-V install

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 16, 2022 4:53 pm

Sorry to hear you are having a problem. I'm not sure what would cause this but the IK Support team would be happy to provide direct and official technical support to help resolve your issue. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 18043
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere


Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More