Drum mapping in Stage Kit VI

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Drum mapping in Stage Kit VI

Postby Dark Lane » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:05 am

Hi All

I'm using the Stage Kit VI in ST4 CS. Sounds great but I've not found anything that lists what drum (tom, snare, HH, crash etc) is mapped to what keyboard note? I know the main ones are described in General MIDI but there are a number of other sounds (C0-C1) that aren't in the GM specification. Of course I can guess but it would save a lot of time and effort if this was documented somewhere.

In particular, is there a snare ghost note? Or is it just a case of turning down the velocity?

Anyone help please?

Cheers

Steve
Dark Lane

Re: Drum mapping in Stage Kit VI

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:38 am

>>> https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=26692

NB Not all of the hits are in all of the kits.

I have asked IK Multimedia to add the drum maps to the ST4 User Manual. Not everyone has the time or inclination to explore every key.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Drum mapping in Stage Kit VI

Postby Dark Lane » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:51 pm

Thanks Dark Star...had a look at all these 'standards' but none of them were an exact match for the Stage Kit VI. So the hunt for the elusive ghost snare goes on...

As you say, it would be very helpful if IKM included this mapping in the manual and saved us all a lot of wasted time!

Cheers

Steve
Dark Lane

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More