Sound Libraries Locked

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sound Libraries Locked

Postby anydmusic » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:13 pm

The following content is showing as locked after installing SampleTank 4 Max

In SampleTank 4 - Syntronik Free is logged (it is unlocked in Syntronik and SampleTank 3)

In Miroslav 2 - the Orchestral Percussion is locked BUT the CE Version that came with Max is unlocked

I appreciate that both of these are "duplicated" content but the behaviour is odd.

In SampleTank 3 the following are locked:

American Acoustic
Neil Peart Drums
Billy Cobham Drums
Teryy Bozzio Drums
Hugh Padgham Drums
Alan Parsons Grand
Future Synths
Cinematic Percussion
Art Deco Piano
Brandenburg Piano
Orchestral Piano
London Grooves
Nano Tube
Drums 'n' Bass
Hardcore
Indie Dance
Minimal
Techno
Trance

This is all SampleTank 3 content so I would expect it to work with 3 in the same way as Miroslav CE does now that I have a license for the sounds.
anydmusic

Re: Sound Libraries Locked

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:53 pm

In this case you likely need to reauthorized your libraries (or SampleTank 3 MAX if that is how you have them) with Authorization Manager and you should be good to go.

Also, I'd recommend updating to version 4.0.1 of SampleTank 4 from your User Area if you have not done so already.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby anydmusic » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:58 pm

Thanks Peter

I did not previously own SampleTank 3 Max so that will explain why some sound sets are not authorised. I just got 4 Max.

Still confused by Syntronik Free being locked in SampleTank 4 though. I did reauthorise but made no difference,
anydmusic

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:01 pm

anydmusic wrote:Thanks Peter

I did not previously own SampleTank 3 Max so that will explain why some sound sets are not authorised. I just got 4 Max.

Still confused by Syntronik Free being locked in SampleTank 4 though. I did reauthorise but made no difference,

You should have the SampleTank 3 MAX additional libraries in SampleTank 4 MAX, at least what is listed at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/#sounds so it may still be an issue. I'd recommend asking IK Support to take a look to make sure all is good.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby peterle » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:13 am

I have the same problem with ST4 SE and a complete installation of Total Studio2 max.
The normal content of ST3max is present in ST4. Besides, only Syntronik and Miroslav work. All other packages listed above in this post are also blocked.
Version 4.0.1 already installed and Authorization Manager re-authorized.
Unfortunately without success!

Already on Friday reported to the service. Let's see what the support makes of it.

What also does not work for me: I get the self-imported ST3 instruments not ported to ST4.

All in all, I am impressed by the possibilities of the new sample tank. However, the version seems to lack some stability. I crashed several times already.
But I am convinced that the team will manage this - teething troubles are often with new software.
peterle

Postby GBStudio1 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:01 pm

Did anyone resolve this issue of certain SampleTank 3 instruments not being unlocked (having a downwards arrow appearing on them in SampleTank 4)?

Ive tried everything including booting up an old mac and installing SAmpleTAnk 3 and Alan Parson's Grand into it (successfully) but then not knowing what to do to convert or export it so that I can put it on my regular mac and use it in Sampletank 4. I don't want to go through the hassle of installing all of the instruments that aren't unlocked on my old machine if it gets me no further.

Any pointers would be really appreciated as I am not getting very far with tech support and it's already been a few months since I bought Total Max 2.

Thanks
GBStudio1

Postby higltypig » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:37 pm

I'll throw my hand up too!

I've got the syntronik expansions from the studio max 2 bundle thingy a few weeks back - they will not show up as authorized in syntronik though, only sampletank4 - which I really don't like (please sort out the patch organisation! folders please!)

Is this the same problem?
higltypig

Postby DarkStar » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:05 pm

I am sorry to hear about the problems that both of you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

---------------------------
Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------------
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Trensharo » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:43 pm

London Grooves is available in ST4 but blocked in ST3.

What a mess. I’d like to run ST4 with only the ST4 content, because it’s too sluggish with the additional ST3 stuff. Then, just run ST3 for that other stuff. It seems to perform so much better with a large library than ST4, and the browser is exponentially better.

5 seconds to switch between folder and tag view in ST4 (still no way to set a default, for shame...). Seconds to switch between libraries. Full screen patch browser resulting in a crap workflow when building Multis and testing out different patches. Base patches scattered among sub-patch presets, forcing you to waste time scrolling everywhere.

ST4 is the only sampler workstation I have that makes my PC feel like it’s running 3200 RPM IDE drives.
Trensharo

Postby garfy » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:08 pm

Hi Trensharo

Sorry to hear you're having these issues.

Trensharo wrote:London Grooves is available in ST4 but blocked in ST3.

If you've got London Grooves as part of an ST4 package then they will not be available to you in ST3. Perhaps that is why?

Trensharo wrote:ST4 is the only sampler workstation I have that makes my PC feel like it’s running 3200 RPM IDE drives.

You should not be experiencing this with any relatively new computer, especially if you have the content on SSDs. You should definitely follow the link to Official Support given above and open a ticket.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Trensharo » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:41 pm

garfy wrote:Hi Trensharo

Sorry to hear you're having these issues.

Trensharo wrote:London Grooves is available in ST4 but blocked in ST3.

If you've got London Grooves as part of an ST4 package then they will not be available to you in ST3. Perhaps that is why?

Trensharo wrote:ST4 is the only sampler workstation I have that makes my PC feel like it’s running 3200 RPM IDE drives.

You should not be experiencing this with any relatively new computer, especially if you have the content on SSDs. You should definitely follow the link to Official Support given above and open a ticket.

Same behavior on my laptop and desktop. Has to do with how the database and stuff is stored and loaded on top of ST4 indexing both v3 and v4 content, on top of Miroslav and Syntronik. This makes the browser sluggish when switching between tag and folder modes, or when switching libraries in folder mode.

Perhaps it’s due to the GUI and how it populates data into the lists.

But, it got worse when I added ST4 Max.
Trensharo

Postby garfy » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:52 am

Trensharo wrote:I’d like to run ST4 with only the ST4 content, because it’s too sluggish with the additional ST3 stuff. Then, just run ST3 for that other stuff.

Then I guess the best thing for you to do would be to take the pathway to the ST3 library out of the settings page in ST4 and run them separately. But I would still suggest a ticket with Official Support would hopefully yield a successful outcome.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby tubemarker » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:40 am

I have access to synths/sounds in Sampletank 4 but it is confusing.
First is I previously obtained that free syntronik OXa.
In sampletank 3 instrument section syntronik free show OXa and 8 sounds
In sampletank 4 instrument section shows library syntronik OXa as locked but with syntronik free library there are 7 OXa sounds.
And then starting syntronik free program itself syntronik OXa is totally available.
This should be reworked. Lots of work just to understand how things work.

Another thing is the expiration date for sound libraries. You can download them to your computer for free during a time period but after that you have pay for same sounds if you lose them somehow for example dropping laptop. As IK Multimedia needs to keep those libraries available anyway I feel this paying requirement to download same sounds to be a bit unfair. Luckily I have most things backed up and that free hitmaker synthwave solved my previously lost drum sounds problem. But really this sounds available for certain time practise is not good for users.

Otherwise these producst are quite great. I mean they offer great sounds and I have get lots of good stuff for free.
tubemarker

Postby twilson74 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:32 pm

After everything mostly working for a few months, I suddenly found that when I opened Miroslav, no instruments were there anymore. When I open SampleTank, the Miroslav instruments are there-- but not in Miroslav itself.

Same thing more or less with Syntronik. Everything shows up as locked in Syntronik now, but I can access the Syntronik sounds in SampleTank.

I don't know what caused this. I sent an email to IK and got a response a while back about dragging this file here and that file there, etc-- sounded complicated and I haven't gotten around to trying it yet. I'm afraid of making the problem worse.

A possible catalyst.... back when I bought Total Studio Max 2, everything installed fine-- except Billy Cobham drums for some reason. I tried to downloaded dozens of times and it kept saying something like "no sound content found". So a month or so ago I tried to donwload it again and drag files manually to install it. Now when I open SampleTank, "Billy Cobham Drums" icon is no longer greyed out/locked like it was before-- but when I try to load a patch I get that annoying "Cannot locate tank at path..." message.

I don't know if that did or didn't have anything to do with my Miroslav and Syntronik content going missing from their respective apps but just thought I'd mention it.
twilson74

Postby DarkStar » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:30 pm

I am sorry to hear about the problems you both are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

Meanwhile, the best thing for you both to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within a few working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More