ST4 Strum Pattern Creation

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST4 Strum Pattern Creation

Postby grem » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:13 pm

How do I create my own?

I mean I am in there trying, and it's not very intuitive.
I have read the manual and that tells me what the controls do, but does not explain:
1. How to start a pattern from scratch.
2. How to listen to what your working on as it develops.

This is a very powerful tool in the ST4 arsenal that is not really fully explained. The user is pretty much left to his own trial and error. And that gets frustrating.

Any advanced users out there!??
grem

Re: ST4 Strum Pattern Creation

Postby grem » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:13 pm

I was working with the strummer in ST4 for a few hours. Really trying to get something I was looking for. I have run into what appears to be bugs. Notes not playing, even when re-recorded over. Seems once you extend the note past the right side of the note boundary it will not go back to what it was before. IOW, once done, it can not be undone.

In what seemed like a really powerful and useful feature of ST4 has proven to be almost useless. There are still some good strumming presets in there (wonder how they made them, not in ST4!). But as far as making user presets... it's just too much work for very little return.

And the guitars in ST4 are really good! I mean really good!
grem

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:47 pm

I haven't run into similar issues, have you reported this to IK Support? They will probably be able to get to the bottom of what's happening for/with you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby grem » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:29 am

Thanks for the reply Peter. I thought about putting in a support ticket, but I wasn't sure that would be a problem they could help with. But since you suggested it, I will give it a try.

Thanks again!!
grem

Postby mhalloran » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:34 am

Is there a link to manuals and tutorials? I've looked everywhere I can think of in this site and I'm not finding anything like that.

I'm trying to use American Acoustic and create strum patterns for it. The Youtube videos I see are nothing but demos. I paid a lot of money and want to be able to actually use it.
mhalloran

Postby grem » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:34 pm

mhalloran wrote:Is there a link to manuals and tutorials? I've looked everywhere I can think of in this site and I'm not finding anything like that.

I'm trying to use American Acoustic and create strum patterns for it. The Youtube videos I see are nothing but demos. I paid a lot of money and want to be able to actually use it.

I found the manual for ST 4 here:

C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4

Seems like all IK products have the manuals in their respective Program folders.
grem

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:03 pm

You can find this information at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=139 for future reference.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More