SampleTank 3 Free now available

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

SampleTank 3 Free now available

Postby Obitheincredible » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:03 pm

Your free entry to a whole new world of sounds

Image
Image

IK Multimedia is proud to announce the release of SampleTank 3 Free, the freely downloadable companion version to the ultimate sound and groove workstation for Mac and PC. Now you can experience the full creative power of SampleTank 3 for free via a selection of high-quality instruments that illustrate its completely redesigned user interface, 64-bit compatibility, 55 high-quality effects, new loop and groove management tools, enhanced sample engine and broad-reaching sonic versatility.

Click here to download SampleTank 3 Free today!

SampleTank 3 Free is essentially a fully functioning version of SampleTank 3: The only difference is that SampleTank 3 Free features a small portion of the high-quality sounds featured in the full version. This library is expandable; IK will add instruments to SampleTank 3 Free until a total of 22 instruments are available.

The first instrument included is Grand Piano 1 SE, a beautifully rendered representation of a Hamburg-made concert grand piano that’s been meticulously sampled down to the finest detail. It provides you with an extremely musical, dynamic and naturally versatile instrument that fits perfectly in any style of music from classical to rock and from jazz to soul. Its state-of-the-art programming and included high-end effects — like its virtual piano lid and true-to-life string and soundboard harmonic resonance — make for a fantastic playing experience that will make you believe you're in the room with one of the richest and most beautiful concert grand pianos of all time. And you'll also have infinite sound sculpting possibilities thanks to SampleTank 3's immense studio FX collection: Now you're covered for literally all the acoustic piano sounds your productions could ever call for.

Click here to watch our new SampleTank 3 tutorial video series

Like SampleTank 3, all of SampleTank 3 Free’s sounds have been sampled and painstakingly crafted by IK’s team of professional audio engineers, with new lifelike expressiveness thanks to SampleTank 3 multiple articulations and new “round-robin” features. Musicians will enjoy the depth and nuance of their favorite instruments like never before: SampleTank 3 Free’s selection of sounds shine brightly and stand out in any mix with little-to-no adjustment required. Powerful, functional and effortless, SampleTank 3 Free is your free entry into a whole new world of sounds.

Click here for more information about SampleTank 3.
User avatar
Obitheincredible
1K Club
 
Posts: 4424
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:54 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

Re: SampleTank 3 Free now available

Postby bo-carlstrom » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:44 pm

Hello

I just downloaded the free version of Sample Tank 3.
Is a message that shows correct which says that the free version expires within 9 days?
When trying to check out the new version I am guided to the Authorization manager and
asked to write in the code which lets me use this version.
Such a code is yet not received in my e-mail.
What to do?
bo-carlstrom
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:55 am

Re: SampleTank 3 Free now available

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:40 pm

bo-carlstrom wrote:Hello

I just downloaded the free version of Sample Tank 3.
Is a message that shows correct which says that the free version expires within 9 days?
When trying to check out the new version I am guided to the Authorization manager and
asked to write in the code which lets me use this version.
Such a code is yet not received in my e-mail.
What to do?

The serial number will be in your IK User Area and you can put that into Authorization Manager.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 14787
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: SampleTank 3 Free now available

Postby scott.alton » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:54 pm

I,m trying to download via my iPad, but window pops up saying safari can't load the file. What can I do?
scott.alton
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:47 pm

Re: SampleTank 3 Free now available

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:02 pm

scott.alton wrote:I,m trying to download via my iPad, but window pops up saying safari can't load the file. What can I do?

This is for Mac OS X and Windows PCs. SampleTank for iOS devices can be found on the App Store along with our many other music creation apps for iOS.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 14787
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: SampleTank 3 Free now available

Postby jennyjac » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:45 am

Has the Mac Free Sounds Installer been updated yet? I tried to trial ST with the free player and sounds a few months go, but the Mac installer crashed repeatedly despite several weeks of procedures. I infer from some posts here from Mac users that there was a problem with this installer so I am waitng for it to be updated before trying again. (I have downloaded the ST3 Free Player but the Sounds installer still crashes on trying to open.)
jennyjac
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:00 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: SampleTank 3 Free now available

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:01 am

There are many Mac users with SampleTank 3 Free (or Full) working flawlessly, I don't think there was any need to wait. If you have a ticket open, please reply to it and ask the support team the stays of your issue. If you have not, please do. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 14787
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: SampleTank 3 Free now available

Postby jared.delong9@gmail.com » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:17 am

Hello! I am excited to have downloaded the free trial (thinking about upgrading if I like the product). My understanding is that free downloads are made available for SampleTank, but I can't seem to find them. The only instrument in my SampleTank is the grand piano. I am trying to get the acoustic drum kit downloaded. Any information to do so would be appreciated.
jared.delong9@gmail.com
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:25 am

Re: SampleTank 3 Free now available

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:10 pm

jared.delong9@gmail.com wrote:Hello! I am excited to have downloaded the free trial (thinking about upgrading if I like the product). My understanding is that free downloads are made available for SampleTank, but I can't seem to find them. The only instrument in my SampleTank is the grand piano. I am trying to get the acoustic drum kit downloaded. Any information to do so would be appreciated.

In your IK User Area then "My Products" you'll see "SampleTank 3 Free" - under that you will see "Sounds Downloads" which you can click and you'll have access to the other sound installers.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 14787
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: SampleTank 3 Free now available

Postby mrfdes » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:26 pm

There seem to be some ddogy things going on.
I downloaded the Sampletank 3 FREE file.
At first it would not authorise.
When I finally had that sorted, the sounds, which I also downloade, would not install.

I then uninstalled the whole thing an went to sownload it again, and guess what, there is now a version of Sampletank 2.5.5 there, which installs itself in Program Files*x86), so, clearly a 32 bit program, brought out in 2010.

According to the support rep, this is the latest version and only works in 64 bit.

So, where is te version gone that was there yesterday, and what are support thinking of?
Is that the way customer service works at IK Multimedia?

Not impressed, I can tell you!!!!!
mrfdes
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:40 pm

Re: SampleTank 3 Free now available

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:36 pm

mrfdes wrote:There seem to be some ddogy things going on.
I downloaded the Sampletank 3 FREE file.
At first it would not authorise.
When I finally had that sorted, the sounds, which I also downloade, would not install.

I then uninstalled the whole thing an went to sownload it again, and guess what, there is now a version of Sampletank 2.5.5 there, which installs itself in Program Files*x86), so, clearly a 32 bit program, brought out in 2010.

According to the support rep, this is the latest version and only works in 64 bit.

So, where is te version gone that was there yesterday, and what are support thinking of?
Is that the way customer service works at IK Multimedia?

Not impressed, I can tell you!!!!!

The latest version is SampleTank 3 Custom Shop which is available in your IK User Area and will install the 64-bit version (as it is only 64-bit).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 14787
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere


Return to News and Announcements