Important Notice for iOS 7 Users

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: Important Notice for iOS 7 Users

Postby Najjar.samer » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:32 am

Peter_IK wrote:If you plug an interface into the headphone jack, both input and output are routed through the interface. The headphone jack is a combined input/output jack so that is how it is designed.

Hi, I am now at iOS 9.3.2 and the same problem seems to persist.
When I plug my iRig Studio microphone into the iPad it reserves both the input and the output sources so I can't get the output from the headset nor from the iPad speakers anymore.
I played around with it and noticed that when I unplug the headset and plug it back in while the iRig mic is still plugged in I get back the output but then the input is rerouted to the headset's mic and no matter what input source I select in Vocalive it stays routed to the headset. I then tried using a pair of headphones that doesn't have a built in mic and it worked! But I still have to make sure to plug it in after plugging in the iRig mic.
This is not practical at all especially when the iPad is connected to a mixer in a live audition, if anything goes wrong I will have to unplug a hot wire and back in which will make a lot of noise and probably harm the equipment.
There should be a way to force the iPad to switch to specific input and output devices without this physical intervention, and furthermore, the iRig mic should not reserve the output when it's plugged in. Solving these two issues will solve the problem.
Najjar.samer

Re: Important Notice for iOS 7 Users

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:41 am

What I said in your quote pertains to interfaces that use the headphone jack. If you re experiencing issues with a microphone or interface that uses the digital input (like iRig Mic Studio) which you mention, please report your issue to IK Support and they will happily assist you directly. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to News and Announcements