Important Notice for iOS 7 Users

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Important Notice for iOS 7 Users

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:38 pm

*updated September 25, 2013 to note two separate options*

If you have updated to iOS 7, please be aware of some new changes that can affect your ability to hear audio output from our apps (and others). Below, the AmpliTube app is used as an example.

When the app first launches on iOS 7, it will ask you "AmpliTube Would Like to Access the Microphone". Selecting 'OK' will allow you to work as usual.

If you select 'Don't Allow', you will not be able to hear any audio when playing through your iRig, iRig HD, iRig PRO, etc..

If 'Don't Allow' is selected and you hear no output, please see either of the following suggestions to correct this:

1. Open your Settings app and tap on Privacy > Microphone. You will see various audio apps listed, tap the slider to the right of the app and tap it so it appears green in color. This will allow access to the microphone and audio will be heard again.

2. This option involves settings enabling restrictions, which some users may not want to do. If you do not wish to enable restrictions on your device, please see option 1 above to resolve the problem. Open your Settings app and tap on General > Restrictions > tap 'Enable Restrictions' > Microphone > tap 'Allow Changes'.

You will see various audio apps listed, tap the slider to the right of the app and tap it so it appears green in color. This will allow access to the microphone and audio will be heard again.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Important Notice for iOS 7 Users

Postby malcolmmcelwee » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:36 pm

I have done all of these suggestions and still my iRig sounds crap (acoustic guitar with pre-amp) and I get NO throughput to my amp or headphones when the unit is switched off. Please help as I need to use it at a live gig in a couple of weeks time...

MAL :roll:
malcolmmcelwee

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:02 pm

malcolmmcelwee wrote:I have done all of these suggestions and still my iRig sounds crap (acoustic guitar with pre-amp) and I get NO throughput to my amp or headphones when the unit is switched off. Please help as I need to use it at a live gig in a couple of weeks time...

MAL :roll:

This would be a matter to discuss with Tech Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/support
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby HangarHarry » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:59 am

I have followed your instructions but still I cannot hear the effects. I have an input signal and an output signal but cannot hear any amp or effect modelling. Your tech support have been no help to date. They just gave me the above directions. Very disappointed because I had just got everything working before updating and now I am back to square one.
HangarHarry

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:11 am

HangarHarry wrote:I have followed your instructions but still I cannot hear the effects. I have an input signal and an output signal but cannot hear any amp or effect modelling. Your tech support have been no help to date. They just gave me the above directions. Very disappointed because I had just got everything working before updating and now I am back to square one.

Keep working with support, sometimes it takes a little more troubleshooting to figure out the issue. I know it can be frustrating when the initial suggestions don't help but they are there to hep you and they will. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby malcolmmcelwee » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:23 am

I will do thanks, but my gig is looming ever so closer...

MAL
malcolmmcelwee

Postby HangarHarry » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:56 am

G'day Peter at IK. I have persisted with Support and they have solved my problem.

Firstly I hadn't allowed Amplitube to access the microphone so I had no in or out signal.

Secondly I hadn't activated the FX button in the REC screen.

Problems all sorted and thanks to support.

Cheers

GRANT
HangarHarry

Postby konstt » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:48 am

Hey guys,
I've followed the instructions above and I still can't get the output at all, is there anything else I could do to solve the problem?
Also I've been thinking that maybe reinstalling the amplitube would help but I'm worried that all the apps that I got for it would be deleted and I don't wanna pay for them again. Do you think that if I reinstall the amplitube the apps will be still there?
Help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
konstt

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:20 pm

Your best bet if this didn't help is to contact our support team at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/support
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dwayne.terry » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:16 pm

HangarHarry wrote:G'day Peter at IK. I have persisted with Support and they have solved my problem.

Firstly I hadn't allowed Amplitube to access the microphone so I had no in or out signal.

Secondly I hadn't activated the FX button in the REC screen.

Problems all sorted and thanks to support.

Cheers

GRANT

Thanks! This solved my problem!
dwayne.terry

Postby anandaroop.ghosh » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:58 am

Apart from allowing microphone access and toggling FX, you also need to hit the M/S switches on the mixer to be able to hear your guitar input.
anandaroop.ghosh

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:32 am

Yes, that is also one of the many FAQ entries in our handy FAQ system: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jeroenblom » Thu May 14, 2015 3:01 pm

Deleting app from iPad and then reinstalling from the AppStore worked perfect for me. Changing the micsettings as indicated in this topic didn't work at all, unfortunately.
jeroenblom

Postby Lentaylor99 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:19 am

I just got mine today and perhaps I don't understand but I am hearing no sound through the rig to the iPad speakers. I understand about the amp and the remote speakers, but I thought I could also use this to create a non-plugged amp out of my iPad. As I see the rig plugs into the headphone jack, so does that prevent me getti sound from the iPad speakers? Can this not be done?
Lentaylor99

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:23 am

Lentaylor99 wrote:I just got mine today and perhaps I don't understand but I am hearing no sound through the rig to the iPad speakers. I understand about the amp and the remote speakers, but I thought I could also use this to create a non-plugged amp out of my iPad. As I see the rig plugs into the headphone jack, so does that prevent me getti sound from the iPad speakers? Can this not be done?

If you plug an interface into the headphone jack, both input and output are routed through the interface. The headphone jack is a combined input/output jack so that is how it is designed.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to News and Announcements