Loop Drummer now available inside AmpliTube for iPhone, iPad

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Loop Drummer now available inside AmpliTube for iPhone, iPad

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:45 pm

Your Personal Session Drummer

Click here for more information

AmpliTube just got even better and more powerful, thanks to Loop Drummer, a full-featured and easy-to-use loop-based drum module that sounds amazing.

Loop Drummer can play on its own or act as the drum section for the AmpliTube recorder. It automatically syncs to the recorder’s transport, so when you hit play or record, Loop Drummer plays along in perfect time.

But Loop Drummer offers way more than just loops that play over and over, its unique Remix feature intelligently generates full-length drum parts with intros, alternate beats, fills, and endings, or, if you'd prefer, you can build them yourself. It’s even got its own mix window. Let’s take a closer look.

Features:

• Loop-based drum module that can be opened from inside AmpliTube
  • 512 loops available in a variety of musical styles
  • Syncs automatically with AmpliTube recorder
  • Remix button intelligently generates unique drum sequences from the loops in the Groove
  • Audio from Loop Drummer appears as a separate audio channel on the AmpiTube recorder
  • Loops change tempo to match Loop Drummer’s tempo setting
  • Mixer section allows for independent drum volume adjustment and drum track soloing
  • Timeline-style arranging of drum parts
  • Set custom-length looping sections
  • Export drum sequences to iOS Clipboard or via File Sharing

More information at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/loopdrummer
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Loop Drummer now available inside AmpliTube for iPhone,

Postby aussiejoe » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:14 am

Is this available for the PC version of AP3?
aussiejoe

Postby brianbane » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:30 pm

aussiejoe, it is exclusive to AmpliTube on iOS.
brianbane
1K Club

Postby mark7anderson » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:55 pm

1- A little disappointed with the drum sound at slower tempos- I guess ballads will have to sound like robot drums. 2- No 3/4 time for waltz/swing grooves. 3- Can't find advertised pre-roll feature. Hopefully free update of point 2 for purchasers of complete package such as myself will be forthcoming. As for my first point, I realize the inherent limitations of digitized audio and should have played with the free app a bit more before jumping in? At moderate and faster tempos the loop drummer actually sounds quite good and once I get the pre-roll working I will be much happier!
Usefully yours, Mark
mark7anderson

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:10 pm

I've been told that your support ticket was answered - it is under Menu > Settings. Thanks for the other suggestions/comments. Please drop support a line about what loops you are playing at what BPM and they will be able to take a look at what's going on and what the realistic range for each loop would be.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mark7anderson » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:03 pm

Awesome, thanks for your help! I meant to sign off "ukefully" yours- hence my interest in 3/4 time signatures.
Thanks again, Mark.
mark7anderson

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:05 pm

If you remember the old TV show "Alf" you'll understand the laugh I just let out at "ukefully yours". :)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby thiro » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:22 pm

Hi, this feature seems to be a great extension for Amplitube to me.

However I hope there will be more styles such as jazz / swing and latin coming soon?
thiro

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:09 pm

Thanks for the suggestion on new packs, it is appreciated. Always good to know what you are looking for.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mark7anderson » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:46 pm

Hi Y'all. Getting used to the loop drummer and it is really quite good. Tech support was good and prompt. Would like to see Waltz, Polka beats in the future. You'd be surprised how useful they are. Once again, good product for the money, Mark
mark7anderson

Postby mark7anderson » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:33 pm

Note to others-country beat 4 is a fair approximation of a swing/polka beat. May find more here and there, but that's the best one I've found so far!
Ukulele Mark.
mark7anderson

Postby leopard316 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:10 pm

Will the drummer be available for the slash app? Would be cool to have it in there since its where I do most of my stuff.
leopard316

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:53 pm

leopard316 wrote:Will the drummer be available for the slash app? Would be cool to have it in there since its where I do most of my stuff.

I'm not sure, I will forward the request though!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mikeferraro82 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:32 pm

I would personally like to say that I love that amplitube has finally made drum beats available within the app. This is exactly what I was waiting for. Even though they are only loops, it is still a start. I would like to make a few comments and suggestion that may be of some help in further making this part of the app totally incredible:

- it would be cool to be able to buy custom drum kits, like how bfd and other drum programs provide expansion packs. Maybe the option to buy a Joey jordison custom pearl snare or something along the lines, or switch between pearl, Tama, or dw kits, or mix and match pieces tailoring the sound to your own specific likings.

- enable the user to create their own custom beats on a drum interface , exactly the way bfd2 allows you too. Then you can drag and drop custom beats in the drum sequencer. Creating your own custom drum beats.

- midi files enabled. I have purchased midi file packs of thousands of programmed metal drumbeats that I would like to use, but have no way of hearing them within the app or exporting to the drum module, unless I program them in bfd or ezdrummer and then export it to amplitube.

- actual mixer on the drums: I love the fact that the drums don't take up space in the mixing board, but I'd love the ability to adjust the sounds, reverbs, and bleeds of the drums.

- electronic drum hookup via midi: it would be awesome to be able to hookup an electronic kit and actually play your own beats and record them. And customize each pad to the drum piece and sound you want.

All of these options are available for the guitar player, but not the drummer! Now I love this app and I'm not trying to criticize it in anyway at all, I am simply just making suggestion on how you guys can make this app better.i am a guitar player, and I can play a bit of drums, but I hear specific drum beats in my head to a lot of the music I play, and would love an easy way to program them. Bfd and ezdrummer are pains in the butt to use in my opinion. If I had all of these options, I would not need any other piece of software.

I know it is a start and we all thank you guys for finally making this drum module! Hopefully my insight will further make this app the best it can be.

Cheers,

Mike
mikeferraro82

Postby david.chenevez » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:17 pm

I am a little disaspointed too... The sound is quite weird at slower tempo... Would be good to have some jazz kit... A part from that, it is a good addition to Amplitube.
/David
david.chenevez

Next

Return to News and Announcements