IK Releases TONEX ODS Legends

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

IK Releases TONEX ODS Legends

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:12 pm

A Signature Collection of Tone Models capturing 4 Dumble Overdrive Special amps

IK Multimedia releases the ODS Legends Signature Collection for TONEX. The first in a new series of Signature Collections, ODS Legends offers guitarists instant access to 4 priceless Dumble Overdrive Special amplifiers.

Found behind many of the world’s best players including Robben Ford, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Larry Carlton, David Lindley, John Mayer and more, the Overdrive Special easily fetches 6 figures when a rare example goes to auction. Also included as a bonus are Tone Models of 2 legendary overdrive pedals: a Silver Klon Centaur and an early '80s Ibanez TS808.

IK had the exclusive opportunity to capture each of these incredible amps while they passed through the world-famous Ocean Way Studios in Nashville, Tennessee, a studio renowned for its superior recording facilities and long history of hosting legendary musicians. All amp and pedal settings were dialed in by tone experts to a variety of sweet spots from clean to overdrive and meticulously captured in between recording sessions.

This collection of 20 Tone Models recreates the very essence of these vintage treasures and makes them finally accessible to all discerning tone aficionados. Utilizing IK's cutting-edge AI Machine Modeling Technology in conjunction with the Ocean Way's sonically perfect environment has produced incredible results available now for purchase and download.

Pricing and Availability

ODS Legends Signature Collection is available now to purchase via ToneNET and within any version of TONEX for Mac/PC for a limited-time introductory price of $/€49.99* (reg. $/€99.99). The collection is also included with new purchases of TONEX Pedal made from November 01, 2023, through December 31, 2023, for $/€399.99.

*All pricing excluding taxes.

For more information about ODS Legends Signature Collection and to hear the tones, please visit: www.ikmultimedia.com/tonex-odslegends
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: IK Releases TONEX ODS Legends

Postby perspc » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:32 pm

Cool!
But, not being able to use JamPoints on the purchase is a bummer....
Therefore I will pass for now.
Per
(Tonex Max user)
perspc

Postby sashdor80 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:41 am

The Try fature is not working. I tried everything incl reopen product manager, but the error 104 still appears.

The other point I want to mention, is that this is very expensive , 60€ ? Even for Tonex MAX users ?
And then it is not possible to use the Jam Points :(
Was it always at IK that the Vat was not included in the shown prize ? I cant remember
sashdor80

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:36 pm

sashdor80 wrote:The Try fature is not working. I tried everything incl reopen product manager, but the error 104 still appears.

The other point I want to mention, is that this is very expensive , 60€ ? Even for Tonex MAX users ?
And then it is not possible to use the Jam Points :(
Was it always at IK that the Vat was not included in the shown prize ? I cant remember

TONEX CS is the trial software, where you can use the included 20 Tone Models and download up to 20 more User Tone Models from ToneNET to try the software. You cannot download these ODS Legends model to try directly but you can listen to the audio demos directly in TONEX via ToneNET.

JamPoints are not valid on promotional or introductory priced items below $/€99. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/jampoints/

This collection is over half a million dollars worth of multiple one-of-a-kind amps (and two rare pedals) and the introductory pricing of $/€49.99 (plus tax, we unfortunately cannot control governments taxing their people) is half of the MSRP and seems quite a bargain as almost nobody would get to use these amps in real life so it is a rare opportunity for that low price.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby perspc » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:57 pm

Peter_IK wrote:JamPoints are not valid on promotional or introductory priced items below $/€99.

Fair enough, Peter.
TBH I think €99 is way too expensive for 20 captures, no matter how expensive and rare the amps are.
I suspect that €49.99 will be a "permanent" introductory price and thus avoiding the use of JamPoints ;)

Per
perspc

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:12 pm

They were also captured in one of the finest studios in the world, with perfectly-chosen microphones, an incredible signal chain and by an accomplished engineer from that studio. There's a lot of moving parts even beyond just the gear that make this a very special collection that I do feel is well worth $/€2.50 per Tone Model.

But of course everybody is indeed entitled to their opinion :)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jih64 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:30 am

Excellent release :D , I hope there are many more. :)
jih64

Postby mykemrg » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:41 am

IK says tone legends is included with tonex pedal purchases from Nov 1st to Dec 1st, so how do you get the software.I,ve registered the pedal bought Nov,
mykemrg

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:18 pm

mykemrg wrote:IK says tone legends is included with tonex pedal purchases from Nov 1st to Dec 1st, so how do you get the software.I,ve registered the pedal bought Nov,

The promotion has been extended through December. Please note the instructions in the promo news on the IK site:
When you receive your new TONEX Pedal and register it with IK, you'll see a pop-up message in TONEX asking you to Restore Purchases which will download and activate ODS Legends inside TONEX. Enjoy!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mykemrg » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:21 pm

So the product is registered but I can't find any pop up or restore purchases.It also took multiple attempts to register on product manager saying software outdated click below, which gave message already exists do you want to replace etc on M1 Pro if that's anything .I've also gone to user page to download any software ,option for free or to buy.Also can't open the librarian.Thanks for the quick reply.Mike
mykemrg

Postby mykemrg » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:52 am

I eventually got the software to download, not really sure why after so many tries, maybe I.m not nerdy enuf, but thanks for your help
mykemrg

Postby mikemartin1987 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:03 pm

It sounds really good!
mikemartin1987

Return to News and Announcements