Reduced Authorizations

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Reduced Authorizations

Postby DarkStar » Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:24 pm

You will see in the latest IK Product Manager that the number of authorizations for your products has been reduced to 5 or less

Please see https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=27472#p143140
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Reduced Authorizations

Postby gurubuzz » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:52 pm

[mod redacted - keep it civil, please]
and in "my account" on the website shows different from the product manager.
I am so upset. Support is yet to reply to my inquiry.
gurubuzz

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:25 pm

gurubuzz wrote:and in "my account" on the website shows different from the product manager.
I am so upset. Support is yet to reply to my inquiry.

This should not affect you since the IK EULA states three installations are allowed (used one at a time, not simultaneously) and the 10 authorizations was a workaround from before the Product Manager allowed unauthorization.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby gurubuzz » Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:17 am

This does not address the need to unauthorise a computer remotely.
Cubase allows 3 instalations and recently they included a pathway via the web account to unauthorise a machine. This eliminated the silly need for extra available authorisations as I can even do it on my phone anywhere on the planet.

IK should also implement this feature as it is particularly helpful if a machine with an instalation dies or has an upgrade which changes the macine ID footprint.

For example. I have a desktop PC in the Studio. I have another Desktop PC at my home studio and I also have a Laptop when I'm in transit. My home PC recently had a failed OS drive. When I reinstalled windows it renamed my machine and now i have a different size and brand SSD. Now There is no way to unauthorised the "OLD" machine even though it is the same processor, MB, Ram and Graphics card.

Also the latest version of Product manager has a 2 MAJOR flaws. The available Authorisations do not match the web account authorisations. It should be completely fluid for the PM to reflect the available Authorisations on the web account and vice versa seeing I use the same username and password on both the web account and the PM.

The second flaw is that PM (latest version) says that my plugins are authorised (T-Racks, ARC, MODO Drumsetc) but when I launch them in Cubase I get a warning that I only have 3 days left to authorise (less today and tomorrow...what do I do when it runs out...Project stops, appologies to customers...how embarassing). I un-authorise and reauthorise and same issue....it's broken. It may have something to do with using my backup installation files, (Because I don't want to pay for downloading them again - nearly 500gb of stuff I have kept on file for this specific reason)

BUT now I cannot get the true staus of authorisations as my so called "OLD" machine cannot be unauthorised. If I go ahead without the true number being rectified I now run the risk of that impacting my work and my customer's product. As it is not impossible for 2 machines to fail at the same time then I'll have no authorisations left and have wait for support to reply.

As a Pro, remotely unauthorising is an essential need. If I travel to another state or country to work in a different studio and they don't have IK products I need to be able to remotly via the web app temporarily unauthorise a machine and install my "backed up" copies on the other studio's computer and authorise them so I can work with my everyday tools.

When I finally finnish my project on the 3rd party studio's computer and I happen to forget to unauthorise it and I travel back to my home I could easily be locked out of my daily tools (IK).

The only way to rectify this would be to wait however long it takes the support crew to reset my authorisations. ATM moment I have waited 6 days with no reply to my support message. Plus the clock is counting down as the Plugins will not acknowledge that the PM had authorised them.

A really good way to unauthorise machines would be to simply change my password on the account.

REMOTE Unauthorisation is needed so I don't have to waste my time and IK multimedia's staff's time to manually reset them and risk down time which costs me money and my reputation.

ALSO
Peter_IK wrote:This should not affect you since the IK EULA states three installations are allowed (used one at a time, not simultaneously) and the 10 authorizations was a workaround from before the Product Manager allowed unauthorization.

Then giving us 10 authorisations will not effect IK multimedia's EULA either and will leave a comfortable buffer for proffesionals who use these plugins daily and rely on them for an income and have a reputation to uphold.

[mod redacted - yes, keep it civil and review the rules about moderation as well]

As you can see it's Authorised but not... WT
WHAT DO I DO?
I just came back from an interstate project which I took my complete studio setup with me. Now I'm back, Album nearly finished mastering. Studio still in pieces as I don't have the time to set it up as I have a pending project to mix at home studio ASAP. Completing JOB in home set up. BUT ONLY THREE DAYS LEFT...what do I do? Support is obviously too busy to get back to me...

I suppose I can go to main studio and bring home Machine and work here ..but what an inconvenience...Grrrrrrr
gurubuzz

Postby gurubuzz » Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:31 am

I updated to the latest T-Racks and now the plugins don't show the "Authorize in x days" dialog anymore.

I can relax now and de-stress wow what a scary situation.

The problem now is that I have only 4 authorizations left on some...in PM and 3 of others. The ones that only have 3 left only ever were installed on one machine. That machine needed a new hard drive and I had to reinstall windows. So it's on the same machine but the old install of windows counts as one authoristion.

I think this could all be solved by having the function to de-authorise machines on the web account. Then this confusing situation with many authorisations giving us the beleif that we can install on 5 machines, where in the EULA that no-one reads apparently says only 3 machines, can become a thing of the past. Then we....remember the motto "MUSICIANS FIRST", can manage our authorisations 100% and we don't have to rely on a busy staff member to assess and reply to our requests to reset authorisations.

I still need to chat to support to sort out the issue of my dead hard drive and get the full authorisations back so if one day all three machines die I don't have to wait for Support staff to get my studio business up and fully running.
gurubuzz

Return to News and Announcements