Announcing AmpliTube TONEX - coming September 29th

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: Announcing AmpliTube TONEX

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:07 am

jz20051 wrote:Hi Peter,
I have another question, in the video for the capturing the Dumble, I noticed an attenuator was used to capture the tone. I'm assuming the ToneX Capture may have been used? If so, are all the ToneX tones captured that way? That is to say using an attenuator for amp (the ToneX Capture) and the cab using mics? Honestly, I prefer an attenuator as it'll yield a greater accuracy of tone and the mics basically capturing an "IR" of the cab.

We are not using an attenuator in that video (the Dumble part 1). We're using AXE I/O Solo and its amp out so we also don't use a re-amp box because AXE I/O has built-in re-amping.

TONEX Capture has attenuation controls but please note it is not a load box, those are level controls (literally attenuating).

I hope that helps.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby thetupeloflash » Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:15 pm

whitehartlane1 wrote:on website if you click on computer requirements in yellow it takes you to wrong page?
what are the requirements please for tone x?thank you
i have retina 5k
3.4ghz
quad core i5
graphics radion pro 570 4gb
32gb ram

Is it safe to say that if u are not going to capture amps yourself , just browse / download existing ones…if your computer can run Aplitube 5 it should be ok for Tonex ?
thetupeloflash

Postby huli50 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:13 pm

Another question on the Capture hardware...
It seems like there are diagrams for using it to make a TONEX tone model for pedals by routing the line out from your audio interface to the 'LINE IN' on the Capture, then from the 'TO AMP' on the Capture to the 'IN' on a pedal, then routing the 'OUT' of the pedal back into an input on your audio interface. Can that same cabling method work to just add effects to a pre-recorded DI guitar? No TONEX, just using Capture to basically add effects so that I can keep my DI guitar track in tact.

I ask because in the past if I wanted to use a physical overdrive pedal into Amplitube for amps/IRs/racks, I would route my guitar signal through the pedal first then into my audio interface and I would be recording an already overdriven guitar. If I changed my mind later on in the project (i.e. too much overdrive, wanting to use a different drive pedal, or even wanting a clean guitar signal again) then I'd have to re-record. Capturing a clean DI signal first with the flexibility to add real life pedals afterwards would be great to defer those kinds of decisions instead of committing. So can I use Capture for that?

I was leaning towards TONEX SE anyway, but seems like the Capture hardware comes with SE. This would make buying the hardware difficult to resist.

-Huli
huli50

Postby lp1958 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:31 am

Hi Peter,

Would you happen to know if the current discounted preorder price will be be removed as soon as Tonex is released?

As a long time Amplitube user ideally I would like to try a couple of the custom shop Tonex models to establish how they feel to play in comparison to the Amplitube models we know and love. If they feel as good I would purchase on release day.

Likewise if you can tell me they feel just as rewarding to play I'll preorder now.

Thank you for your time.
Dave
lp1958

Postby DarkStar » Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:04 pm

I am not IK Multimedia, but generally pre-order prices are stopped when the product is released.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby blueskyvisions » Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:07 pm

I think Dave's point is that we don't know when the release date is (just sometime in September). We don't have audio clips of the rigs—only videos with short snippets. We don't have a way to demo anything. That makes the pre-release investment a bit of a gamble. Of course, IKM is free to market this in whatever way works for them. A pdf of all the rigs is awesome and was a lot of fun to look through, but I'm with Dave; I need actual sound clips before I can decide.
blueskyvisions

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:40 pm

blueskyvisions wrote:I think Dave's point is that we don't know when the release date is (just sometime in September). We don't have audio clips of the rigs—only videos with short snippets. We don't have a way to demo anything. That makes the pre-release investment a bit of a gamble. Of course, IKM is free to market this in whatever way works for them. A pdf of all the rigs is awesome and was a lot of fun to look through, but I'm with Dave; I need actual sound clips before I can decide.

There are audio clips on the AI Machine Modeling page as well as our SoundCloud.

Yes, pre-ordering is a risk/reward situation but we try to make it as low-risk as possible considering the quality of our releases leading to this one.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby blueskyvisions » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:05 pm

Thanks, Peter
blueskyvisions

Postby lp1958 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:13 pm

Yes thank you Peter and Darkstar. I completely understand.
I have never been disappointed with any of IKs products before so I think for me it will be pretty low risk. I will pre-order in the morning.

If it expands on Amplitube that's got to be a good thing.

Kind regards
Dave.
lp1958

Postby blueskyvisions » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:16 pm

The clips on the AI page sound good, but they're dry. Would love to hear these captures with added AT effects and in context with a band/recording. I hope those are forthcoming :geek:

I pre-ordered anyway :D
blueskyvisions

Postby lp1958 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:55 pm

thetupeloflash wrote:
whitehartlane1 wrote:on website if you click on computer requirements in yellow it takes you to wrong page?
what are the requirements please for tone x?thank you
i have retina 5k
3.4ghz
quad core i5
graphics radion pro 570 4gb
32gb ram

Is it safe to say that if u are not going to capture amps yourself , just browse / download existing ones…if your computer can run Aplitube 5 it should be ok for Tonex ?

This is also a concern for me. Amplitube runs perfectly on my intel i7 Mac. I'm never going to Tone Capture so is it a fair assumption that Tone will be fine?
R
Sure I can wait and try the custom shop version but I would really like to pre-order.

Thank you.
lp1958

Postby lp1958 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:35 pm

Well I've tried to pe-order today.

All four of my credit cards were declined. Apparently the credit card rules in the United Kingdom have changed recently and websites not providing a OTP (one time pascode) will always fail to authenticate.

The credit card companies say they can do nothing and to contact the retailer.

I've logged a ticket with the support desk and I'm hoping they can help.

I would hate to miss out on the pre-order offer because I'm not allowed to pay.

Anyone else from the UK experiencing similar issues?
lp1958

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:22 pm

Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby vac713 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:16 pm

so its been released?
vac713

Postby blueskyvisions » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:36 pm

vac713 wrote:so its been released?

I don't think so. Looks like it's just the sound clips with the option to pre-order. I'm happy to have sound clips, though. This is great! 8-)

Direct link to the TONEX clips: https://www.tone.net/tonex
blueskyvisions

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements