Announcing AmpliTube TONEX - coming September 29th

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: Announcing AmpliTube TONEX - coming September 29th

Postby acousticglue » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:55 pm

How do you pull up entries in ToneX into Amplitube5?
acousticglue

Postby supanorton » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:14 am

Money well spent! Thank you, IK! I played with just the Tonex stand-alone for a few hours tonight and am blown away by it. The Dumble with and without the Klon, the Marshall JMPs with and without the Klon, and the Fender Tweeds were my favorites tonight. I really like the Tonex reverb, too! Can’t wait to start using it inside AT5. Congratulations on a job well done, IK; Tonex really sounds great.
supanorton

Postby johnnyj71 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:53 am

ToneX really does sounds great. A few things I have found so far. The only integration with Amplitube 5 so far is the Amp and Cabs (which is the most important part). There isn't a stomp block for ToneX yet. Also, I am not sure I understand why you cant favorite something in ToneNET on ToneX and pull that up in Amplitube 5 or even browse the ToneX section on Amplitube 5. I am also not sure what the purpose is of flagging something as a favorite in ToneNET on ToneX. I was hoping that you would at least be able to see your favorites from ToneX in Amplitube 5 but no such luck. Maybe those things are in future updates, or I haven't found that yet, but total integration is not there yet. What I would hope to see is everything from the ToneX Player section accessible from Amplitube 5. It was my impression that everything accept for the Modeler portion of ToneX would be in Amplitube 5 and the player in ToneX was simply for previewing your captures, etc. Hopefully thats the future because toggling between 2 apps is kind of cumbersome. Don't get me wrong, this is a really good product and I am very happy with the tones, it just needs some more updates to make it great IMHO.
johnnyj71

Postby livesforrap » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:56 am

Dittos, for sure to all. Those are several of my gripes so far. But let's face it, AT was kinda lame with "favorites" too :roll: We can't be the only two that are bothered by it :lol:

Also to add: I started a thread on this with one person confirming, but having max isn't as clear-cut as it needs to be. The "popup" to try/buy is annoying when selecting the max-only stuff. Also, it doesn't stay put after you clear that popup. It reverts back to the basic stuff :roll: If I click on "Dumble" I want it to stay there. Also, the "add ons" are not showing up in the basic amp models, cumbersome. Max is registered and confirmed so, not sure what to do.

If anyone has any info on what I can do to change, please inform. I'm sending a ticket (oh gawd, IK support, bleck! )
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby martin_hei » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:08 pm

I just saw the deal, to get AT 5 MAX, TONEX MAX and the AXE I/O for 449 € :shock:
I am really regretting now, that I did not see this, when I preordered TONEX MAX. Is there any way, to upgrade the purchase?
martin_hei

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:18 pm

martin_hei wrote:I just saw the deal, to get AT 5 MAX, TONEX MAX and the AXE I/O for 449 € :shock:
I am really regretting now, that I did not see this, when I preordered TONEX MAX. Is there any way, to upgrade the purchase?

You would need to contact IK Support for such requests. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby gradgr1984 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:30 pm

Hello am having some questions.

1. When the promotional price cut ends? ( interesting in AXE SOLO Bundle)

2. Ordering it should be done from the website? i mean i dont want to pay extra customs(Greece). Or am i able to order it on the same Price from a Local IK Partner?

3. Is the Axe Solo compatible with Ipad Pro 3rd Gen? am having the iRig HD 2 but am not happy with the noise and latency. So would like to know if it can function there with Amptitube on iOS

4. And lastly, when would the iOS App will be live for ToneX?

Thank You!
gradgr1984

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:37 pm

gradgr1984 wrote:Hello am having some questions.

1. When the promotional price cut ends? ( interesting in AXE SOLO Bundle)

It was supposed to end with release, so it will not last much longer.

2. Ordering it should be done from the website? i mean i dont want to pay extra customs(Greece). Or am i able to order it on the same Price from a Local IK Partner?

Ordering software is direct download so that would be no problem. Hardware would be different, and would ship from our Italian office so there would be any applicable customs/etc.

3. Is the Axe Solo compatible with Ipad Pro 3rd Gen? am having the iRig HD 2 but am not happy with the noise and latency. So would like to know if it can function there with Amptitube on iOS

AXE I/O interfaces are not mobile interfaces, so you would not be able to use them with your iPad.

4. And lastly, when would the iOS App will be live for ToneX?

October.

Thank You!

You're welcome!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby aaronaardvark2g » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:28 am

Regarding Tonex: is it supposed to sound better or worse than Amplitube 5, or just different?
aaronaardvark2g

Postby jlgueims » Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:37 pm

aaron aardvark wrote:Regarding Tonex: is it supposed to sound better or worse than Amplitube 5, or just different?

It's supposed to be more realistic, and it is, indeed.
jlgueims

Postby carlaz » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:19 pm

It would be handy if the tuner from AmpliTube were likewise built into the TONEX standalone app/plugin. (Or, if it is, I can't find it.)

I like the little DI sound clips that you can play looped to audition tones in TONEX. That could be extended to AmpliTube -- or, since AmpliTube is a basic DAW, there could be an option to record your own short clips with your own guitars and add them to the list of available auditioning loops.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:27 pm

carlaz wrote:It would be handy if the tuner from AmpliTube were likewise built into the TONEX standalone app/plugin. (Or, if it is, I can't find it.)

I like the little DI sound clips that you can play looped to audition tones in TONEX. That could be extended to AmpliTube -- or, since AmpliTube is a basic DAW, there could be an option to record your own short clips with your own guitars and add them to the list of available auditioning loops.

We have heard the request for a tuner, it should be in a future update. :D
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby livesforrap » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:36 pm

Ah, (think Ricardo Montalbán in wrath) "internet connection lost" my old friend. Was hoping IK had ditched this in TONEX, but no.

It's a first world problem, but it's another mouse click.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby aaronaardvark2g » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:02 am

There is a particular well known competitor to Amplitube and now (somewhat) Tonex: for years this competitor did not have a tuner: score one for Amplitube. But then the competitor came out with a VERY LARGE TUNER, that was easy to see. I highly encourage IK to have much larger tuners in the future.
aaronaardvark2g

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:27 am

Bigger than this (roughly a touch under 2/3 of the interface)?
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements