IK Multimedia Releases Syntronik 2

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK Multimedia Releases Syntronik 2

Postby vac713 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:42 am

the issue of not being able to download sounds so we can put them anywhere of our choosing is brought up several times in this thread but I see no response.... Can someone speak to that?

PLEASE
vac713

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:19 am

vac713 wrote:the issue of not being able to download sounds so we can put them anywhere of our choosing is brought up several times in this thread but I see no response.... Can someone speak to that?

PLEASE

IK Product Manager lets you set the location of the downloaded sounds AND where you install them to.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby vac713 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:21 am

No sounds download button
vac713

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:27 am

vac713 wrote:No sounds download button

There's a Sounds tab in IK Product Manager between the Software and Hardware tabs. You'd need to click that. Note that they may not be at the top, so you'll scroll to see any sounds prefaced with "Syntronik 2" and install those (please make sure to click the ... More options button and "Install to" if you want to install them to a non-default location).

If you don't see the sounds there you will need to seek IK Support. Please note that this is a user-to-user forum so you probably didn't get an answer to your question because other users did not experience this issue (or didn't have a solution to it if they did). All technical issues should be reported to IK Support for direct assistance and they will surely assist you.

Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby juergen_b » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:35 am

Peter_IK wrote:[...] you'll scroll to see any sounds prefaced with "Syntronik 2" and install those [...]

Please note: the new synths that were added with Syntronik 2 do not have the "2" in the name, e.g. "Syntronik CATO", "Syntronik OSC-V", or "Syntronik Pro-VS", whereas the old synths appear twice in the list, e.g., "Syntronik Minimod" vs. "Syntronik 2 Minimod". (At least that's what I see. I had Syntronik Deluxe before I purchased Syntronik 2 MAX).

Usabiliy tip: You can filter the sounds in IK Product Manager by typing in "Syntronik" in the text field above the list.
juergen_b

Postby gusax47a » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:50 am

That bad to hear some of the synths did not work. I can not seem to even install it!!
IF I queue the programs I want to install...they install over each other and kill each other...if I install 1 at a time other than Syntronik 2 it installs gives an error and keeps trying to install without ever finishing...the error says it can not get to a certain folder to install part of the program in User\user\Documents\IK Multimedia....throws that error I cancel installing then...it restarts...throws the same error and never finishes installing...any rpogram
gusax47a

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:21 pm

^^^^
Please contact Technical Support for some one to one trouble-shooting and help.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Pat.DE » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:01 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
Pat.DE wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:The green tick not showing on free items is something the team is aware of and should have been present before this update.

I didn't mean the free synths, but the ones I already bought (since they are included in the deluxe version of version 1). But these are now also displayed with the purchase price and without a green tick, which was not the case before.

I'm not sure what could cause that for you but if you report it to IK Support I'm sure they can assist you.

After submitting a support form, the problem is now fixed. Thanks to the IKM support!
Pat.DE

Postby jimmi.gruen » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:32 pm

Just upgraded to Syntronik 2 (not Max) and I noticed there are a lot of duplicate files between it and Syntronik 1 Deluxe which I still have installed. Many of the same files exist under Sampletank 3\ and Syntronik 2\.

Since I'm installing the libraries on an SSD where space is at a premium, can I delete all Syntronik folders under Sampletank 3\Instruments and \Samples without losing anything? Will old Syntronik 1 patches still open if I point Syntronik 1 to the Syntronik 2 folder?
jimmi.gruen

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:02 pm

Syntronik and Syntronik 2 are completely separate installs. You do not want to delete anything from either.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ratty » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:40 pm

Just wondering if anyone can tell me when the introductory pricing for Syntronik 2 ends, I haven't been able to spot a date. Thanks.
ratty

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:30 pm

ratty wrote:Just wondering if anyone can tell me when the introductory pricing for Syntronik 2 ends, I haven't been able to spot a date. Thanks.

There is no published date but I can assure you you'll be safe through the end of this month.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby cczadilek » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:19 am

Peter_IK wrote:Syntronik and Syntronik 2 are completely separate installs. You do not want to delete anything from either.

so there is no way to reference Syntronik 1 Deluxe to the library of Syntronic 2 MAX?
there are many library duplicates then which use a lot of disk space, right?
aren't they the same?
If they are the same, do you think this is the right decision?

Thanks
cczadilek

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:32 pm

^^^
Indeed, if the Syn1 and Syn2 .pak files are identical. Especially as Syn2 will scan the ST3 library looking for "Generation 1" Syn1 instruments. So why no use the sample files too.

Tens of GB could be released. And download / installation times will be less too.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jimmi.gruen » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:09 pm

I agree, it seems wasteful of people's disk space to store duplicates of such large files.

I just uninstalled Syntronik 1 and its libraries in "Sampletank 3\" for now. I'm not actively working on any projects that use it, and I will probably only use Syntronik 2 from now. Can always re-install it if I need to open an older project in the future.
jimmi.gruen

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements