IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:42 pm

norbertbecker wrote:I’d like to pick MODO DRUM as one of the free software titles but my Mac is too old and therefore not compatible. Is there a possibility to install the software at a much later time, let’s say in 6 to 9 months when I can afford a new computer?

Yes you can install and authorize later. Please make sure you choose your free software in your IK User Area within 30 days of the closing of the promotion, though.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dbailey1 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:47 am

Notbertbecker, I did that very thing. Bought MODO DRUM before realizing that it wouldn’t run on my older Mac. Eventually bought a new computer a year and a half later, and installed/authorized on the new machine with no problems.
dbailey1

Postby supanorton » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:21 pm

twilson74 wrote:
You can actually get the libraries within Cinekinetik and Electromagnetik as free selections if you treat them as 8 individual libraries instead of the 2 collections; that's what I've been doing. I already had Total Studio 3 Max and Sampletron 2, so there wasn't anything else new that would have roped me into this cool promo but I wagered if I bought Shipwreck Piano ( it's really beautiful) maybe by the end there would be 8 for the price of 1 and I'd have them all.

Cheers

I’m very curious about the Shipwreck and Fractured piano collections. If you could have only one of the two, which would would it be and why? I’m not sure we’re going to get 2 more free products, but I believe we’ll get 1 more. I hope I’m wrong!.
supanorton

Postby twilson74 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:52 pm

supanorton wrote:
twilson74 wrote:
You can actually get the libraries within Cinekinetik and Electromagnetik as free selections if you treat them as 8 individual libraries instead of the 2 collections; that's what I've been doing. I already had Total Studio 3 Max and Sampletron 2, so there wasn't anything else new that would have roped me into this cool promo but I wagered if I bought Shipwreck Piano ( it's really beautiful) maybe by the end there would be 8 for the price of 1 and I'd have them all.

Cheers

I’m very curious about the Shipwreck and Fractured piano collections. If you could have only one of the two, which would would it be and why? I’m not sure we’re going to get 2 more free products, but I believe we’ll get 1 more. I hope I’m wrong!.

I like them both-- if I had to choose only one, I'd go with Shipwreck Piano-- because it's more of a primary instrument I can see myself using in the foreground of a lot of cinematic compositions. There are a lot of different presets featuring a good variety of ambient atmospheres-- and I also like that they have included the SW Upright Piano presets which are stripped of the atmosphere effects. So there is a range from more fundamental piano sound to some sounds which are far beyond a piano sound (the Quantum and X presets)

Fractured Piano is great too, though I see it more as a sound design element to give some quirky color, texture and shading to arrangements. A lot of really crazy/avant garde sounds ranging from padlike to percussive plucks, but all derived from the piano. Gives some fresh new options where normally I might reach for a synth. It's like a big "junk-drawer"-- and I mean that in a good way-- that is full of inspiring odds and ends. The "Piano Howlings" are fun and the round-robin nature of them means you get different and unpredictable sounds when you play the keys.

I've just started combining sounds from both libraries into custom "multis" in Sampletank and loving what I'm hearing. Creating multis is where you can really make these sounds your own. It's endless.

Like I said, I bought Shipwreck Piano and got the rest of the Cinekinetik line free through this promotion and have two more freebie milestones to go to get the complete Electromagnetik line too, which is really fantastic.

Cheers
twilson74

Postby supanorton » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:02 pm

Wow! Thank you for all the details. I’m a rock singer/songwriter and guitar player. I can’t play keys, but I can come up with simple cool piano/organ/synth parts for my songs. I’m still torn between the two and am now leaning toward fractured piano as that might hide my playing a bit more! Hopefully, we can get at least 2 more, and the 3rd would be the Wurly! Thanks so much for your help. Sounds like I can’t go wrong with whichever I decide on. Enjoy! What a fantastic promotion!
supanorton

Postby Kinketsu » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:20 am

supanorton wrote:Hopefully, we can get at least 2 more, and the 3rd would be the Wurly! Thanks so much for your help. Sounds like I can’t go wrong with whichever I decide on. Enjoy! What a fantastic promotion!

Absolutely, it's a fantastic promotion.

FYI ... I have no idea how many items you want or what is your budget, but I'll just mention this in case it solves your decision problem: the Group Buy FAQ points out that if you purchase a second item, you get another whole set of free items. I'm strongly considering buying Shipwreck Piano during the promo because it'll get me most (likely all, if the Group Buy continues its trajectory) of the 8 Electromagnetik and Cinekinetik items.
Kinketsu

Postby supanorton » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:29 am

Kinketsu wrote:Absolutely, it's a fantastic promotion.

FYI ... I have no idea how many items you want or what is your budget, but I'll just mention this in case it solves your decision problem: the Group Buy FAQ points out that if you purchase a second item, you get another whole set of free items. I'm strongly considering buying Shipwreck Piano during the promo because it'll get me most (likely all, if the Group Buy continues its trajectory) of the 8 Electromagnetik and Cinekinetik items.

I’ve been thinking about that! Thank you. Let’s see where we are in about 10 days!
supanorton

Postby Kinketsu » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:13 am

supanorton wrote:
Kinketsu wrote:Absolutely, it's a fantastic promotion.

I’ve been thinking about that! Thank you. Let’s see where we are in about 10 days!

I'm really curious to how dramatically the participant count accelerates in the final hours, for just this reason. :D
Kinketsu

Postby wojciech.r » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:11 am

Peter_IK wrote:Any time you purchase and register a qualifying product, you can choose 1 more software title of equal or lesser value for free!

Just to make sure - if I purchase and register 3 products (e.g. 1 for 200E, 1 for 100E and 1 for 50E), this increases the participant counter by 3, does it?
wojciech.r

Postby Kinketsu » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:31 pm

wojciech.r wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Any time you purchase and register a qualifying product, you can choose 1 more software title of equal or lesser value for free!

Just to make sure - if I purchase and register 3 products (e.g. 1 for 200E, 1 for 100E and 1 for 50E), this increases the participant counter by 3, does it?

Yes, happily … see the last question in the FAQ … https://www.ikmultimedia.com/25gb/#faq.
Kinketsu

Postby DarkStar » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:48 pm

wojciech.r wrote:

And that means that you can pick 6 bonus products valued up to 200, another 6 up to 100 and another 6 up to 50 (if they all exist :))

----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby wojciech.r » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:28 am

Peter_IK wrote:Here is a full list. If you buy something that is crossgrade priced, the price you see to the right of that is the maximum value of the choices you will have for free software:
Syntronik crossgrade $199.99
Syntronik $299.99
Syntronik Deluxe crossgrade $269.99
Syntronik Deluxe $399.99
Syntronik Deluxe upgrade $99.99

I am planning to buy items for 199E and 99E. Is it possible that I buy Syntronik crossgrade $199.99 first and then Syntronik Deluxe upgrade $99.99? For now I can only see the 199E and 269E options on the website after I log in. Will the Syntronik Deluxe upgrade appear after the Syntronik crossgrade purchase? The $269.99 price level is impossible to combine with anything but the option I mentioned would do a perfect job.
wojciech.r

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:50 pm

Looking at this page:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/eligibilitycheck/index.php?a=syntronik-deluxe&s=SY-DLX-DDU-IN
I reckon that you should be OK.

If it is available, you could also select it as one of the bonuses, instead of buying it.

Peter or Ryan may also post here, but in the meantime you could contact Sales Support, via the Support menu on the web site, for a definitive answer.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby kendye » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:01 pm

Bought into the promotion last week with ModoBass and got my "free" items OK. Decided to "Double Dip" today and bought T-RackS 5. No sign of the new "free" items in my account - just a message saying "Downloaded" for the ModBass "freebies" and not a sign of the new stuff. Anyone else here been able to get entered twice as advertised?
kendye

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:39 pm

kendye wrote:Bought into the promotion last week with ModoBass and got my "free" items OK. Decided to "Double Dip" today and bought T-RackS 5. No sign of the new "free" items in my account - just a message saying "Downloaded" for the ModBass "freebies" and not a sign of the new stuff. Anyone else here been able to get entered twice as advertised?

I've seen people on other forums enter more than once without issue. Please click each button in your "Promotions" are and you should see the proper choices. If you still have issues please contact IK Support and they will assist you directly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements