IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price

Postby blueskyvisions » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:47 am

Kinketsu wrote:Most of all, don't worry ... it'll all work out. In the unlikely event that something funky happens, I'm confident that IK support will treat you right.

K

Got it! I'll give it a go and see what happens....

Update: Whew! It worked!! Thanks again for your help 8-)
Last edited by blueskyvisions on Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
blueskyvisions

Postby lyndess » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:51 am

For the qualifying hardware purchases ... Is there a delay in getting the promotional download buttons to show up?

I entered the Group Buy back in August with MODO Drum (and have been claiming those freebies as they tick upward). I also just registered an iRig Mic Studio, but I haven't seen the freebies show up yet in my user area.
lyndess

Postby Kinketsu » Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:39 am

blueskyvisions wrote:Update: Whew! It worked!! Thanks again for your help

You are most welcome! Enjoy the new toys!

Cheers,
K
Kinketsu

Postby elammark13 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:00 am

huli50 wrote:I don't think you're the only one. I honestly think that that was a big part of the
IK strategy: users will over-research products that they otherwise wouldn't consider. It also opens folks up to consider other product lines they would otherwise not be interested in. I wouldn't be a TRackS user if it weren't for this promotion, and I was only an occasional SampleTank user. But from this point forward, I'll be interested in any future module or instrument they decide to offer.

I'm in the same boat. I never paid too much attention to T Racks or SampleTank before. But now because of this, they have already become an indispensable part of my home studio. And yes, I will now definitely be waiting for and checking new software/modules they'll come up with in the future.
elammark13

Postby Jason68 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:01 am

A couple more additions for Amplitube:

Bottle 563
Based on Neumann® CMV-563
This model is based on one of the most legendary vintage tube condenser microphones. Its bright frequency response and gentle compression make this microphone a mandatory tool in your guitar rig.

Tube VM
Based on Brauner® VM1
The Tube VM condenser microphone provides an extremely natural, contemporary sound with extreme detail and clarity. The Tube VM sound is transparent and open, and this makes it the go-to mic for many artists and engineers around the globe.

Not very exciting but if you have a few unused freebies then they might come in handy. Actually, on the basis that presets won't appear if they include any gear you don't have (by default), having as much stuff as possible in Amplitube makes sense as it will ensure that presets will show.
Jason68

Postby Jason68 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:54 am

Also for Amplitube:

Nu-Tron III
Based on Musitronics Mu-Tron® III Automatic Wah
This effect is based on Musitronics Mu-Tron® III Automatic Wah from 1972. It became famous through its use with keyboards. Filters allowed for low-pass, bandpass, and high-pass filter response which could be triggered from low to high frequency or vice versa.
Jason68

Postby kgmessier » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:50 pm

I got the four X-Gear (software only) products as part of the promotion, and they show as owned (green checkmark) in Custom Shop, but they still appear with a lock within AmpliTube 5. I submitted a tech support ticket, but I thought I'd check here in the meantime to see if anyone is experiencing the same thing or has ideas on how to resolve this.
kgmessier

Postby Fen1xSyd » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:56 pm

kgmessier wrote:I got the four X-Gear (software only) products as part of the promotion, and they show as owned (green checkmark) in Custom Shop, but they still appear with a lock within AmpliTube 5. I submitted a tech support ticket, but I thought I'd check here in the meantime to see if anyone is experiencing the same thing or has ideas on how to resolve this.

Happens to me every time I pick something up in the group buy. When you click on the greyed out item it will open the custom shop screen. Up the top right where your profile is there should be an option to 'restore purchases', click that. Most of the times it will take a second and be ready to go in Amplitube, but sometimes I have to remove the vst and re-insert it for it to be picked up... Worst case just try combos of all this stuff and im sure it will work lol, just needs a kick to all get into gear and it wont be a problem again.
Fen1xSyd

Postby blueskyvisions » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:59 pm

kgmessier wrote:I got the four X-Gear (software only) products as part of the promotion, and they show as owned (green checkmark) in Custom Shop, but they still appear with a lock within AmpliTube 5. I submitted a tech support ticket, but I thought I'd check here in the meantime to see if anyone is experiencing the same thing or has ideas on how to resolve this.

I'm getting the same result. I thought it might have been because my four X-Gears were in trial mode when I registered them.
blueskyvisions

Postby blueskyvisions » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:01 pm

Fen1xSyd wrote:When you click on the greyed out item it will open the custom shop screen. Up the top right where your profile is there should be an option to 'restore purchases', click that. Most of the times it will take a second and be ready to go in Amplitube...

Awesome, that fixed it! Thanks!!
blueskyvisions

Postby kgmessier » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:01 pm

Fen1xSyd wrote:Happens to me every time I pick something up in the group buy. When you click on the greyed out item it will open the custom shop screen. Up the top right where your profile is there should be an option to 'restore purchases', click that. Most of the times it will take a second and be ready to go in Amplitube, but sometimes I have to remove the vst and re-insert it for it to be picked up... Worst case just try combos of all this stuff and im sure it will work lol, just needs a kick to all get into gear and it wont be a problem again.

Thanks! Just after posting, I went back to the registration confirmation email to see if I missed a step and noticed the line about restoring purchases. I tried that and, lo and behold, it worked!

Thanks for also pointing this out, as I'm guessing others may do the same as I did. As a software developer who also writes a lot of user documentation, I should know better. (Shame on me!)
kgmessier

Postby Fen1xSyd » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:43 pm

kgmessier wrote:As a software developer who also writes a lot of user documentation, I should know better. (Shame on me!)

Documentation is for nerds, the real QA is in clicking buttons til things just work :lol:
Fen1xSyd

Postby releasefromwithin » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:44 pm

Any idea how to get the presets for the X-Gear pedals? I only have them for X-Time.
releasefromwithin

Postby Jason68 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:51 pm

releasefromwithin wrote:Any idea how to get the presets for the X-Gear pedals? I only have them for X-Time.

The ones I've demod have the presets built in to them, I just click on the panel below the Amplitube logo.
Jason68

Postby kgmessier » Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:20 pm

Fen1xSyd wrote:
kgmessier wrote:As a software developer who also writes a lot of user documentation, I should know better. (Shame on me!)

Documentation is for nerds, the real QA is in clicking buttons til things just work :lol:

And smacking the side of the monitor at the right moment. :)
kgmessier

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements