IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price

Postby ttinker » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:11 pm

Fen1xSyd wrote:Maybe they've just added a bunch of stuff to the promotions options, there's quite a bit of Amplitube stuff there now that I haven't seen before (Cabs at the top, ENGL, T-Rex, Nirvana, PowerGrid etc),

The X-Gear stuff literally just got released like a week or two ago and the physical hardware hasn't even shipped yet to my knowledge... You can't be bummed its not part of the group buy, it's an insanely good deal as is... just grab the stuff you don't have.

This is very cool. I had just talked myself out of a third purchase to get the one or two things that have been pushed over the end of my freebies list, but which my collector's brain is telling me to get even though I objectively don't need them... and now I'm thinking a low-dollar purchase might be in order to sweep up some of the low-hanging fruit that's been added to the list. Haven't made a CS purchase before though - how does it work with the promotion? Will any gear credits transaction make the grade? Or does it still have to be something from the list on the Group Buy page? I guess the cheapest are still in the Sampletank Instruments area...
ttinker

Postby Jason68 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:13 pm

releasefromwithin wrote:So are the 4 new X-Gear virtual pedals only available as a freebie?

Yes!

Jason68

Postby releasefromwithin » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:15 pm

Jason68 wrote:
releasefromwithin wrote:So are the 4 new X-Gear virtual pedals only available as a freebie?

Yes!

dang you IK! LOL!!
releasefromwithin

Postby marclaclear » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:17 pm

Jason68 wrote:
josuefebles wrote:Well, now you can have the ENGLs, they are selectable as freebes on the dropdown menu!

Wow, you're right, that's awesome! Thanks for pointing that out!
Just goes to show, don't select your freebies too quickly!
No kidding. My 60 dollar buy in was running dry on compelling options. I ended up getting some hip hop sample stuff I'll never use. :roll:
marclaclear

Postby Jason68 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:29 pm

marclaclear wrote:My 60 dollar buy in was running dry on compelling options. I ended up getting some hip hop sample stuff I'll never use. :roll:

Yeah, I had a buy in at $79 and a buy in at the $199 level (for the Amptibe 5 Se upgrade at $99) - the top level was easy - Mixbox, Comprexxor, Sunset Reverb etc, but the $79 was a bit of a struggle... but a struggle no more, my Amplitube 5 shall be complete :mrgreen:
Jason68

Postby Bethany » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:04 pm

releasefromwithin wrote:
Jason68 wrote:

Yes!

dang you IK! LOL!!

Oh crud, and I just used all but one of my freebies on samples. I'll add these to the spreadsheet and check for other added items.
Bethany

Postby Jason68 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:17 pm

mephistoff wrote:Oh crud, and I just used all but one of my freebies on samples. I'll add these to the spreadsheet and check for other added items.

I read, but perhaps I'm wrong, that the X pedals are hardware versions of the Amplitube plugins, and therefore the X plugins are software versions of the hardware versions of digital plugins :shock:
Jason68

Postby ttinker » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:44 pm

Jason68 wrote:I read, but perhaps I'm wrong, that the X pedals are hardware versions of the Amplitube plugins, and therefore the X plugins are software versions of the hardware versions of digital plugins :shock:

It's the all-new Simulacritube!... :lol:

Kidding. I guess some of the algorithms are based on existing AT stuff, some are probably new or drawn from elsewhere in IK's stable, and in general the idea of the software versions (absent the hardware units, whose purpose is presumably clear) is that you can pop one of those babies in an FX slot and have a whole bunch of options with a consistent interface... if, you know, that kind of thing appeals to you...
ttinker

Postby Jason68 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:59 pm

ttinker wrote:It's the all-new Simulacritube!... :lol:

:D

ttinker wrote:I guess some of the algorithms are based on existing AT stuff, some are probably new or drawn from elsewhere in IK's stable, and in general the idea of the software versions (absent the hardware units, whose purpose is presumably clear) is that you can pop one of those babies in an FX slot and have a whole bunch of options with a consistent interface... if, you know, that kind of thing appeals to you...

Probably. I'll demo them tonight and see if they bring something new to the party.
Jason68

Postby Bethany » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:04 pm

New version of the GB spreadhseet is up.

I've boldfaced items that have been added to the list and struck through items that have been removed (the best high-dollar ones). I haven't time to look up prices on the new items but if someone would like to do that I'll be glad to grant edit access to the Google doc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Bethany

Postby Jason68 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:10 pm

mephistoff wrote:New version of the GB spreadhseet is up.

Awesome, thank you.

mephistoff wrote:I've boldfaced items that have been added to the list and struck through items that have been removed (the best high-dollar ones).

Wow, so while it pays to wait for new stuff to be added, grab the stuff you really want early in case it drops off! Good thing I grabbed the Hammond, Modo Bass, Miroslav, Sampletron and Syntronik when I did!

And now I can benefit from the new stuff too :mrgreen:
Jason68

Postby smata65 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:11 pm

Jason68 wrote:
mephistoff wrote:Oh crud, and I just used all but one of my freebies on samples. I'll add these to the spreadsheet and check for other added items.

I read, but perhaps I'm wrong, that the X pedals are hardware versions of the Amplitube plugins, and therefore the X plugins are software versions of the hardware versions of digital plugins :shock:

Peter stated in another thread that these are new algorithms

Just checking the X-Time pedal, it has a lot of algorithms that are not available in any other form in AmpliTube, like duck, reverse delay, arctic, or harm
smata65

Postby marclaclear » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:14 pm

Ok, so what can I buy to get all those $35 dollar amps "free" to get in a 4th time? :D
marclaclear

Postby ttinker » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:24 pm

marclaclear wrote:Ok, so what can I buy to get all those $35 dollar amps "free" to get in a 4th time? :D

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... nstruments
ttinker

Postby Bethany » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:41 pm

Jason68 wrote:
mephistoff wrote:New version of the GB spreadhseet is up.

Awesome, thank you.

mephistoff wrote:I've boldfaced items that have been added to the list and struck through items that have been removed (the best high-dollar ones).

Wow, so while it pays to wait for new stuff to be added, grab the stuff you really want early in case it drops off! Good thing I grabbed the Hammond, Modo Bass, Miroslav, Sampletron and Syntronik when I did!

And now I can benefit from the new stuff too :mrgreen:

Yuppers, quick off the mark was a winner. On the other hand, the new pedals' software versions are now up and I've got just one freebie left.

Fortunately I bought extra Gear Credits; added a few so now I can get the software X-Gear items and any left-overs. Won't use up all my second-round freebies but even so the bargain will be pretty good. And who knows? Maybe before October ends they'll add more I can use.
Bethany

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements