IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price

Postby ski88keys » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:49 am

Thx for the info deathscytherulz
- SampleTank 3 and 4 Max, Total Studio 3, Komplete Ultimate, Studio One 3 Professional, Cantabile, + various sound and effects plug-ins
- I7-4700MQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
- Kurzweil PC2, MKii 61, Focusrite 2i2
ski88keys

Postby jem7sk » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:31 pm

deathscytherulz wrote:
ski88keys wrote:I purchased Hoping for the months extension so I don't have to deal with taking supports word for it.

We all need to buy back in at the lowest level ($40 I think will do) and then we will easily bump it up to 25,000 for the maximum amount of free product on our higher buy in level.
jem7sk

Postby mistermahler1 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:43 am

jem7sk wrote:
deathscytherulz wrote:
ski88keys wrote:I purchased Hoping for the months extension so I don't have to deal with taking supports word for it.

We all need to buy back in at the lowest level ($40 I think will do) and then we will easily bump it up to 25,000 for the maximum amount of free product on our higher buy in level.

Later today we will switch to 4 remaining days, most likely even before 18000 has been reach, that means 500+ needed per day, where now its 250-300 pr day, falling,.. guess we will reach 18 during today, and then 19 during the last 3 days,... but with a little "last-minute-jump-in" only if we shall reach 19 ,... 20 seems out of reach

Anyway, it was fun, and generous as is,.. nothing I miss

There have been GB many times, someone seems to figure that now IK goes subscribtion

All I can say is, if IK goes subscrition they lost me from here, just like Steven Slate lost me ;)
mistermahler1

Postby DarkStar » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:42 pm

jem7sk wrote:We all need to buy back in at the lowest level ($40 I think will do) and then we will easily bump it up to 25,000 for the maximum amount of free product on our higher buy in level.

That sounds like a plan. Not sure where you got the $40 from, though. ;)

Edit: Ah ha. That would be a Syntronik Instrument (even if you do not not have Syntronik yet). Or $80 for an ST4 instrument.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jem7sk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:01 pm

DarkStar wrote:
jem7sk wrote:We all need to buy back in at the lowest level ($40 I think will do) and then we will easily bump it up to 25,000 for the maximum amount of free product on our higher buy in level.

That sounds like a plan. Not sure where you got the $40 from, though. ;)

Edit: Ah ha. That would be a Syntronik Instrument (even if you do not not have Syntronik yet). Or $80 for an ST4 instrument.

Yeah, it doesn't really matter if you can't do anything with $40 as long as it bumps the higher buy in up to 25..we'll get about 6 more buys at that level.

But there are some TRackS modules at $50.
jem7sk

Postby lyndess » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:03 pm

Some of the IKM hardware comes with software; for example, the iRig Mic Studio comes with a free copy of the T-RackS "Classic" processors (4 total), each of which qualifies for the group buy ($50 each). Would purchase of an iRig Mic Studio therefore qualify as 4 entries ($50 price point) into the group buy?
lyndess

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:26 pm

lyndess wrote:Some of the IKM hardware comes with software; for example, the iRig Mic Studio comes with a free copy of the T-RackS "Classic" processors (4 total), each of which qualifies for the group buy ($50 each). Would purchase of an iRig Mic Studio therefore qualify as 4 entries ($50 price point) into the group buy?

Software that comes with hardware does not qualify you for the group buy.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:34 pm

mistermahler1 wrote:
There have been GB many times, someone seems to figure that now IK goes subscribtion

All I can say is, if IK goes subscrition they lost me from here, just like Steven Slate lost me ;)

I don't know where those people are coming up with that, but it is a wild theory with nothing from IK indicating this.

Some seem to think "everybody will have everything" but we have plenty of products coming and we've had way more than 25,000 people in our customer database (the full membership of this forum which is definitely not all IK users is way more than 25,000) with the bulk of our products for a long time. Our existing customers + the whole market for just the software section of our product line is vast compared to this group buy even if it goes to 25,000 people.

Which also means there's no reason for people not to join it! If 16.5% of the members of this forum alone would join it would be at the top tier. We're reaching out to a ton of people ourselves, and we've even sent an email explaining how and where to share, so let's get to that goal and not worry about theories and speculation from other forums.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby eric.winesett » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:46 pm

That sounds like a plan. Not sure where you got the $40 from, though.

If someone were debating whether to buy in again, one way to maximize your return would be to buy Amplitube SVT 2 from guitarcenter.com (digital download). It is $49.95 for the fully paid version (i.e. not crossgrade), which will qualify as $99.99 for the group buy.
(Someone correct me if I am wrong, but that is what I understand from other posts on this or other forum threads.)
eric.winesett

Postby mistermahler1 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:10 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
mistermahler1 wrote:

I don't know where those people are coming up with that, but it is a wild theory with nothing from IK indicating this.
------------------------------------
so let's get to that goal and not worry about theories and speculation from other forums.

Peter, thanks for commenting, I was not expressing my own "big fear", but just mentioned it

My world would not collaps in case, but good to hear though that its is not in the pipeline :-)

My own take on the matter also was/is that little by little you impliment new stuff, thats
how its always been, many of the new being succesfull, and GB is also not something new
mistermahler1

Postby jem7sk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:03 pm

What's your next free product going to be? .. we're about to hit 18,000!
jem7sk

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:27 pm

Not familiar with how IK handles software updates. I'm looking to switch over to Apple M1/2x ARM architecture. I would want all plugins to run natively, and not on Rosetta.

When do you suppose IK will start to code native ARM plugins and will we then have to repurchase those plugins or will that be just considered an update ?
Never gave it much thought before, but now that IK has all but taken over my PC I guess I need to look into this :lol:

I know with Studio One Pro they just released their native ARM version as an update. I'm hoping IK will do the same. If not I'll have to wait for the next GB :mrgreen:
Musical.Alchemy

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:00 am

Musical.Alchemy wrote:Not familiar with how IK handles software updates. I'm looking to switch over to Apple M1/2x ARM architecture. I would want all plugins to run natively, and not on Rosetta.

When do you suppose IK will start to code native ARM plugins and will we then have to repurchase those plugins or will that be just considered an update ?
Never gave it much thought before, but now that IK has all but taken over my PC I guess I need to look into this :lol:

I know with Studio One Pro they just released their native ARM version as an update. I'm hoping IK will do the same. If not I'll have to wait for the next GB :mrgreen:

MODO DRUM is M1 native. I don't have a specific timeline for others but we do update our flagships/current versions. Note that while it is great to want to run all M1 native, the other products run very well via Rosetta (currently using an M1 MacBook Pro with great success here).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:01 pm

. . .
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jem7sk » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:05 pm