IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price

Postby marclaclear » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:03 am

pat.osterday wrote:
marclaclear wrote:If I buy gear credits will that will qualify me for the group buy?

Thanks
Marc

Buying gear credits doesn't qualify, but buying gear credits and then using them to buy a qualifying product does. I bought 300 gear credits and then used 200 to get Amplitube 5 to get in on the group buy.

Thanks!

Just so I'm clear. If I buy 300 credits for $224.99 and use those credits for T-RackS 5 Deluxe which costs $299, I can choose products for freebies that are $299 or less?
marclaclear

Postby pat.osterday » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:11 am

marclaclear wrote:Just so I'm clear. If I buy 300 credits for $224.99 and use those credits for T-RackS 5 Deluxe which costs $299, I can choose products for freebies that are $299 or less?

Yup, it's 300 gear credits in the Custom Shop, so that would work. You can wait for Peter to officially confirm, but that's similar to what I did. If you have Jam Points, you can use those towards the gear credits too.
pat.osterday

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:39 am

pat.osterday wrote:
marclaclear wrote:Just so I'm clear. If I buy 300 credits for $224.99 and use those credits for T-RackS 5 Deluxe which costs $299, I can choose products for freebies that are $299 or less?

Yup, it's 300 gear credits in the Custom Shop, so that would work. You can wait for Peter to officially confirm, but that's similar to what I did. If you have Jam Points, you can use those towards the gear credits too.

Yes if you purchase Gear Credits and use 300 of them to purchase T-RackS 5 Deluxe in the Custom Shop, you will qualify for the group buy for items $/€299.99 or less.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:09 pm

Two questions...

- Under the drop down menu of free gear they list both Arc System3 (software only) and Arc System3 Crossgrade (software only). What is the difference if any between these two selections.

- 100+ GB is quite a lot of disk space, if you choose SampleTank 4 can you selectively install what instruments you want ? I understand the downloads are made up of several zip files. Are the zip files broken up into groups such as strings, horns, synths ect whereas you can install as you wish ?
Musical.Alchemy

Postby sepheritoh » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:17 pm

I purchased gear point for the custom shop, which I used to buy the Amplitube Jimi Hendrix Anniversary collection. This product is listed as a qualifying product at $99. Peter also confirmed in this threat that custom shop purchases qualify for the group buy. However the promotions button under my profile does not give me the free products.

Question is, what am I doing wrong here, or did I miss the boat somewhere? Why am I not getting my group buy promotions?

Like before, I did send a support request, but there was no reply or reaction as yet.
sepheritoh

Postby marclaclear » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:39 pm

^^^
I'm not sure but I can confirm that what Peter said to me worked for me. I went with 200 gear credits and upgraded my amplitube from SE to standard.
marclaclear

Postby notaneasygame » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:51 pm

^^^

Try opening the IK Product Manager application up and doing a refresh of your products, that's what I've done and has worked both times, then give it a moment and refresh your promotions page on your browser. As Peter has said previously though, support will fix it and apply the promotion.
notaneasygame

Postby juergen_b » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:58 pm

Musical.Alchemy wrote:
- 100+ GB is quite a lot of disk space, if you choose SampleTank 4 can you selectively install what instruments you want ? I understand the downloads are made up of several zip files. Are the zip files broken up into groups such as strings, horns, synths ect whereas you can install as you wish ?

The IK Product Manager downloads and installs all sound libraries. But you can download the sound libraries from the My Products section on ikmultimedia.com. It allows to download selectively and you can install downloaded files selectively.
Note: Sound library downloads are available for a limited period (180 days), so it is best to download all library zip files but install selectively.

SapmleTank 4 sound library files have speaking names, e.g., ST4_AcDrum_Samples_Part_1.zip, ST4_Bass_Samples.zip, ST4_Brass_Samples.zip, ST4_Guitar_Samples_Part_1.zip, etc.
juergen_b

Postby sepheritoh » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:04 pm

notaneasygame & marclaclear Thanks both for kind replies.

I tried the procedure as suggested, still no free gifts from above.

I am sure support is overwhelmed at the moment and will solve it as soon as they can get a chance. I just need to be patient.

Thanks
sepheritoh

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:36 pm

baumann.juergen wrote:
The IK Product Manager downloads and installs all sound libraries. But you can download the sound libraries from the My Products section on ikmultimedia.com. It allows to download selectively and you can install downloaded files selectively.
Note: Sound library downloads are available for a limited period (180 days), so it is best to download all library zip files but install selectively.

SapmleTank 4 sound library files have speaking names, e.g., ST4_AcDrum_Samples_Part_1.zip, ST4_Bass_Samples.zip, ST4_Brass_Samples.zip, ST4_Guitar_Samples_Part_1.zip, etc.

Thanks baumann, that sounds perfect !

Yes I'm aware of the 180 days period, I'll D/L all and selectively install.

Can anyone answer the first question ?

- Under the drop down menu of free gear they list both Arc System3 (software only) and Arc System3 Crossgrade (software only). What is the difference if any between these two selections ?
Musical.Alchemy

Postby marclaclear » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:38 pm

Musical.Alchemy wrote:
baumann.juergen wrote:

Thanks baumann, that sounds perfect !

Yes I'm aware of the 180 days period, I'll D/L all and selectively install.

Can anyone answer the first question ?

- Under the drop down menu of free gear they list both Arc System3 (software only) and Arc System3 Crossgrade (software only). What is the difference if any between these two selections ?
My guess is, nothing. You qualify for the crossgrade and you have enough credit to buy it outright.
marclaclear

Postby notaneasygame » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:49 pm

Courtesy of a near as 'giving it away' promo from a third party store purchase last year I'd forgotten about I've now had 4 bites at the cherry! Couldn't believe my luck (and have forgiven myself for my previous foolishness of not registering it, though I thought I'd superseded it with AmpliTube 4)

I thought I was doing well buying 300 gear credits with jam point discounts, when that clicked in (which was a genuine purchase and registration) if we hit that 20k I just need it to go to 23 products and I could have almost everything in this promo. I just wished I'd bought the full Philharmonik earlier this year.

It's like Christmas, thanks IK Santa .... :D :D :D
notaneasygame

Postby Huddy_IK » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:31 am

Musical.Alchemy wrote:Two questions...

- Under the drop down menu of free gear they list both Arc System3 (software only) and Arc System3 Crossgrade (software only). What is the difference if any between these two selections.

Different price points but same software. Note that there is no microphone included with the Group Buy selection of ARC 3. You can either use a 3rd party RTA mic or purchase the ARC 3 MEMS mic.

Musical.Alchemy wrote:- 100+ GB is quite a lot of disk space, if you choose SampleTank 4 can you selectively install what instruments you want ? I understand the downloads are made up of several zip files. Are the zip files broken up into groups such as strings, horns, synths ect whereas you can install as you wish ?

While the IK Product Manager does simplify the process, it does install the whole lot. You can visit the User Area http://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea > My Products section, locate SampleTank 4, and click on 'Sounds Download'. In this list, you will see the files labeled by instrument. Click to download the desired instruments and install. You can leave the others sad and alone. ;)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Huddy_IK

Postby ski88keys » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:14 am

I purchased Arc3 w mic about a week and a half ago. My orders page says in progress. I know not to consult support as stated in the in progress info page. Any idea how long before shipping happens? Also, any word on what happens if it is not shipped in time to select my free products? This was addressed earlier, but not sure the info was definitive. Thanks.
- SampleTank 3 and 4 Max, Total Studio 3, Komplete Ultimate, Studio One 3 Professional, Cantabile, + various sound and effects plug-ins
- I7-4700MQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
- Kurzweil PC2, MKii 61, Focusrite 2i2
ski88keys

Postby deathscytherulz » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:18 am

ski88keys wrote:I purchased Arc3 w mic about a week and a half ago. My orders page says in progress. I know not to consult support as stated in the in progress info page. Any idea how long before shipping happens? Also, any word on what happens if it is not shipped in time to select my free products? This was addressed earlier, but not sure the info was definitive. Thanks.

Well from my talk with support we will be allowed in. Hoping for the months extension so I don't have to deal with taking supports word for it. They had no eta to provide and I ordered mine the 1st of September.
Maybe Peter will have more info on etas for those of us now? And also more knowledge about how it will work if we get them after the promotion ends? I am assuming just a lot of support emails which I am not looking forward to lol.
deathscytherulz

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements