IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:54 pm

dbailey1 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:
jem7sk wrote:Being new to mixing and recording do I want the Lurssen Mastering Console? I've not seen it recommended yet it seems perfect by the description.

I studied recording (in fact overlapping while Gavin Lurssen was also attending) at Berklee and still feel it is useful. However, if you get it you must promise me - preferably in writing - that you will not ignore the Push control as it is one of if not THE most important tools in Lurssen Mastering Console. :D

No way!! :shock: Peter, I also studied MP&E at Berklee (Dan Bailey '88-'91) and knew Gavin. I was in at least one or two classes with him, and I definitely remember us being in one of the Recording classes together that was taught in Studio A. Pretty sure that Bill Scheniman was our teacher, although it might have been Robin C-Y for that one. I remember Gavin being a super nice guy, super smart, and he had great ears, even back then, so it's been really cool to use his Mastering Console. And I totally agree- the Push knob is awesome.

Surely you and I crossed paths back then. What a small world.

I didn't have any classes with Gavin, he told me he was a film scoring major (a bit interesting that a hugely successful M.E. wasn't in the MP&E program that we were in, eh?) but I wouldn't be surprised if you and I crossed paths. I graduated high school in 1989 so I was a year behind you I suppose, but I'm sure we rubbed elbows in some way. I was a dual major (MP&E and Commercial Arranging). Since I was friends with a few drummers, I also loved rubbing elbows with Abe Laboriel, Junior once in a while and had to try not to act like a superfan around him because even at that time he was already legendary. Not because of his dad, of course, though his dad was too... He had to be the best drummer there at the time, and such a nice guy. Deserves all the great gigs he's had, including the time (story relayed from another drummer friend so I'm paraphrasing) one day he apparently received two consecutive calls with the second one being a call where he had to tell Sting he couldn't tour with him because he just got off the phone call where he confirmed the McCartney gig.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ca212121 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:43 am

Peter_IK wrote: the Push control

I don't really get that, it raises every EQ band, so it pushes the comp harder?
Is there a difference to just raising the level?
ca212121

Postby jem7sk » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:03 pm

Amplitube 5 is really cool. I imported my favorite preset from A4 and it sounded like garbage in A5. I've always thought the similar preset I created in TH-U sounded even better than the A4 preset. But, with the integration of IRs in A5 my preset instantly sounded better than both A4 and TH-U. I'm impressed!

I need to check it better but maybe my speaker settings didn't translate over. I can see that I not only have a lot to learn with the new cab room but it will be very capable when I do figure it out. But the IRs make it so simple... it is very fun playing in the cab/speaker/room/mic area though.
jem7sk

Postby ttinker » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:41 pm

DarkStar wrote:You'll need to get a move on to reach the 20,000 target first:

Indeed. The pace over the last two days won't get us there... It's certainly possible given the time left, but it might take a bit more proselytizing...
ttinker

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:59 pm

ttinker wrote:Indeed. The pace over the last two days won't get us there... It's certainly possible given the time left, but it might take a bit more proselytizing...

We should hit 17K by today, if so we'll have eight days to get to 20K. So about 375 per day.
It's gonna be close !
Musical.Alchemy

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:16 pm

ca212121 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote: the Push control

I don't really get that, it raises every EQ band, so it pushes the comp harder?
Is there a difference to just raising the level?

The EQ and compression interact differently with different EQ settings, this is much more "energizing" than raising the levels. Reuben mentions how the EQ and compression work hand in hand in this video and it covers a lot of great information about Lurssen Mastering Console that many people may not realize: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddv_FPJ-KaY

Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jem7sk » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:46 pm

I purchased Amplitube 5 as my main buy in and got the ARC 3 system (without mic). I'm curious if I can buy IK's mic with gear credits? I've got to get it anyway and if I can I might get some extra gear credits and buy in again on this anniversary deal at a lower level with the left over credits.
jem7sk

Postby DarkStar » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:12 pm

----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:14 pm

jem7sk wrote:I purchased Amplitube 5 as my main buy in and got the ARC 3 system (without mic). I'm curious if I can buy IK's mic with gear credits? I've got to get it anyway and if I can I might get some extra gear credits and buy in again on this anniversary deal at a lower level with the left over credits.

Hardware is not available via Gear Credits in the Custom Shop.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:14 pm

DarkStar wrote:...

The Group Buy REALLY needs to be shared much more if we want to get to the next extension.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jem7sk » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:17 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
jem7sk wrote:I purchased Amplitube 5 as my main buy in and got the ARC 3 system (without mic). I'm curious if I can buy IK's mic with gear credits? I've got to get it anyway and if I can I might get some extra gear credits and buy in again on this anniversary deal at a lower level with the left over credits.

Thanks Peter... I was afraid of that. I was going to use that as my excuse to buy some and go back in for a second buy in :P
jem7sk

Postby jem7sk » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:17 pm

Peter_IK wrote:

Dumb question Peter but I don't have to purchase the mic through the Custom Shop do I? So far I've purchased all the software from the website.
jem7sk

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:38 pm

jem7sk wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:

Dumb question Peter but I don't have to purchase the mic through the Custom Shop do I? So far I've purchased all the software from the website.

No you do not. You can purchase it from the web site.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby marclaclear » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:48 am

Peter_IK wrote:I'm sure they'll be able to get you all set soon. Under Promotions there will typically be several buttons in cases like yours (unless you've redeemed your choices, there will be fewer buttons then) but if you still only have one or any please check it again to see if you have multiple dropdowns there. If you have none, then IK Support can assist you. I had Gear Credit purchases qualify and I see the dropdowns for both of my valid entries when I click any of the "Available" buttons:

Hi Peter,

If I buy gear credits will that will qualify me for the group buy?

Thanks
Marc
marclaclear

Postby pat.osterday » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:55 am

marclaclear wrote:If I buy gear credits will that will qualify me for the group buy?

Thanks
Marc

Buying gear credits doesn't qualify, but buying gear credits and then using them to buy a qualifying product does. I bought 300 gear credits and then used 200 to get Amplitube 5 to get in on the group buy.
pat.osterday

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements