IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price

Postby jem7sk » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:57 pm

Being new to mixing and recording do I want the Lurssen Mastering Console? I've not seen it recommended yet it seems perfect by the description.
jem7sk

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:01 pm

jem7sk wrote:Being new to mixing and recording do I want the Lurssen Mastering Console? I've not seen it recommended yet it seems perfect by the description.

I studied recording (in fact overlapping while Gavin Lurssen was also attending) at Berklee and still feel it is useful. However, if you get it you must promise me - preferably in writing - that you will not ignore the Push control as it is one of if not THE most important tools in Lurssen Mastering Console. :D
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby loboracer » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:07 pm

I bought Amp 5 for $199 and Modo Drums is $199 which is also part of the promo. Why can I not select MODO for my freebie? It only has Modo SE and MODO crossgrade as a selection. Anyone?
loboracer

Postby blueshift9 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:11 pm

Modo cross grade is the $199 product, I agree it is labeled a bit confusingly.
blueshift9

Postby jem7sk » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:24 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
jem7sk wrote:Being new to mixing and recording do I want the Lurssen Mastering Console? I've not seen it recommended yet it seems perfect by the description.

I studied recording (in fact overlapping while Gavin Lurssen was also attending) at Berklee and still feel it is useful. However, if you get it you must promise me - preferably in writing - that you will not ignore the Push control as it is one of if not THE most important tools in Lurssen Mastering Console. :D

Thanks Peter, though I don't totally get the joke? Must be an inside "recording" joke?
jem7sk

Postby DarkStar » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:32 pm

Peter_IK wrote:And we have a new challenge!

The Group Buy is in full force. Things are going so well that there's an exciting new challenge about to begin: reach 20,000 participants by the end of September, and we'll extend the Group Buy through October!

That's another whole month to reach the 25th-anniversary goal of 25 products for the price of 1.
And don't forget to spread the word. Only a few days left in September and a couple of friends could help push us past the goal line.

Let's keep this massive Group Buy going!

You'll need to get a move on to reach the 20,000 target first:
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:34 pm

jem7sk wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:

Thanks Peter, though I don't totally get the joke? Must be an inside "recording" joke?

Oh the smile is just because the Push control is overlooked so much yet is a crucial aspect of Lurssen Mastering Console. Nothing terribly complex/insider (or funny, unfortunately).

Edit - and the part about attending the same school as a master Mastering Engineer was just to assure people that Lurssen Mastering Console isn't a simple or "set it and forget it"/one knob job kind of plugin. The appearance of simplicity and ease of use are just a bonus and don't do justice to how good Lurssen Mastering Console sounds and how it can create really, really great masters.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby loboracer » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:46 pm

Postby blueshift9 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:11 pm

Modo cross grade is the $199 product, I agree it is labeled a bit confusingly.
blueshift9 wrote:Modo cross grade is the $199 product, I agree it is labeled a bit confusingly.

blueshifty9,
I am not seeing anything about crossgrade. All I see "MODO Drums $199". If this is supposedly the crossgrade then is there no full version? Does everyone have to buy SE for $149 then another $199 for what it called MODO Drums to actually get the complete software? Thanks!
loboracer

Postby DarkStar » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:13 pm

^^^^
Nope,

• If you do not have any Qualifying Product (any IK Multimedia product with a MRSP of 99 or more) then the MODO Drum (all 10 kits) price 199.99
  • If you do have any Qualifying Product then the MODO Drum (all 10 kits) price is 199.99 (that is, the Crossgrade price)

So you can get anything with a MRSP over 99 and then get mODO Drum for 199.99

NB All prices exclude VAT

Have a look in the Crossgrades/Upgrades section of your USer Area to see what isavailable to you.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jem7sk » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:16 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Thanks Peter, though I don't totally get the joke? Must be an inside "recording" joke?
Oh the smile is just because the Push control is overlooked so much yet is a crucial aspect of Lurssen Mastering Console. Nothing terribly complex/insider (or funny, unfortunately).

Edit - and the part about attending the same school as a master Mastering Engineer was just to assure people that Lurssen Mastering Console isn't a simple or "set it and forget it"/one knob job kind of plugin. The appearance of simplicity and ease of use are just a bonus and don't do justice to how good Lurssen Mastering Console sounds and how it can create really, really great masters.

Well, you've sold me.. looks like I'll be getting this one.
Last edited by jem7sk on Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jem7sk

Postby eric.winesett » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:18 pm

loboracer wrote:blueshifty9,
I am not seeing anything about crossgrade. All I see "MODO Drums $199". If this is supposedly the crossgrade then is there no full version? Does everyone have to buy SE for $149 then another $199 for what it called MODO Drums to actually get the complete software? Thanks!

No, not at all! A "crossgrade" is like an upgrade, but from a different product (not just MOTO Drum SE). If you have any IK product that cost $99+, then you qualify. If you are looking at the 25th Anniversary Group Buy page, the product will show as MODO Drum. If you qualify for the crossgrade, the price will be $199 (otherwise it would be $299 I think). When you enter the promotion by buying something, then go to the promotions page to pick your free products, the MODO Drum will show as a crossgrade for $199. It's the whole MODO Drum product!
eric.winesett

Postby loboracer » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:22 pm

ok so it shows I can get the crossgrade MODO. Since I don't already have MODO.. I do not need to get SE and I can just download the crossgrade and it will be the full version? That is the confusing part. But I think that is what you are saying right?
loboracer

Postby dbailey1 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:30 pm

Peter_IK wrote:

No way!! :shock: Peter, I also studied MP&E at Berklee (Dan Bailey '88-'91) and knew Gavin. I was in at least one or two classes with him, and I definitely remember us being in one of the Recording classes together that was taught in Studio A. Pretty sure that Bill Scheniman was our teacher, although it might have been Robin C-Y for that one. I remember Gavin being a super nice guy, super smart, and he had great ears, even back then, so it's been really cool to use his Mastering Console. And I totally agree- the Push knob is awesome.

Surely you and I crossed paths back then. What a small world.
dbailey1

Postby eric.winesett » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:36 pm

loboracer wrote:ok so it shows I can get the crossgrade MODO. Since I don't already have MODO.. I do not need to get SE and I can just download the crossgrade and it will be the full version? That is the confusing part. But I think that is what you are saying right?

Yes!
eric.winesett

Postby loboracer » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:46 pm

Thanks Eric! Your Awesome!
loboracer

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements