IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price

Postby smata65 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:37 pm

jem7sk wrote:Thank you for the info. After posting that I went and looked at the amps I'd be missing and it is the new ones I want so I'll be getting A5 Standard. Since I have A4 MAX I'm pretty sure all of that will be converted to 5??? and I'll already have all the Collections I want except Fender 2, Satch and Fulltone.

What would be the recommended T-RackS 5 Processors to pick up after getting T-RackS5 to compliment Amplitube 5?

Yes, all your existing gear will work as part of AT5.

If you don't have any previous version of T-Racks, Get T-Racks SE as well for starters, as You'll get several worth additions with just one Free slot. Then Comprexxor, Sunset Sound Reverb, Space Delay, Stealth limiter, British Channel, and the Tapes

We are close to getting 16 Free products, so You could also Choose Modo Drums, Modo Bass, and/or Sampletank
smata65

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:39 pm

smata65 wrote:Music Alchemy does not take into account that the ARC3 software can be selected as a Freebie during the promotion. The mems mic costs only 70 USD.

Thats exactly what I told him. I said he could just buy the mic separately later on. Though he might not get the mic at the current price of $50.

Musical.Alchemy wrote:I'm looking at the same scenario. You can buy the mic separately later on, though you may not get it for $50.
Musical.Alchemy

Postby jem7sk » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:40 pm

smata65 wrote:
jem7sk wrote:Thank you for the info. After posting that I went and looked at the amps I'd be missing and it is the new ones I want so I'll be getting A5 Standard. Since I have A4 MAX I'm pretty sure all of that will be converted to 5??? and I'll already have all the Collections I want except Fender 2, Satch and Fulltone.

What would be the recommended T-RackS 5 Processors to pick up after getting T-RackS5 to compliment Amplitube 5?

Yes, all your existing gear will work as part of AT5.

If you don't have any previous version of T-Racks, Get T-Racks SE as well for starters, as You'll get several worth additions with just one Free slot. Then Comprexxor, Sunset Sound Reverb, Space Delay, Stealth limiter, British Channel, and the Tapes

We are close to getting 16 Free products, so You could also Choose Modo Drums, Modo Bass, and/or Sampletank

I'm definitely going to get the Drums and Bass. Any other recommendations for A5 as the focal point?
jem7sk

Postby mistermahler1 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:23 pm

Musical.Alchemy wrote:
smata65 wrote:Music Alchemy does not take into account that the ARC3 software can be selected as a Freebie during the promotion. The mems mic costs only 70 USD.

Thats exactly what I told him. I said he could just buy the mic separately later on. Though he might not get the mic at the current price of $50.

Musical.Alchemy wrote:I'm looking at the same scenario. You can buy the mic separately later on, though you may not get it for $50.

I have the software but no mic ,.. and find this mic relatively expensive post included

Are they on sale sometimes ?

What will I "miss" if I use f.eks. a more normal Behringer meassuring mic typically traded for 10-15 bucks, picked up seccond hand locally ?
mistermahler1

Postby dave_clark » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:18 am

mistermahler1 wrote:What will I "miss" if I use f.eks. a more normal Behringer meassuring mic typically traded for 10-15 bucks, picked up seccond hand locally ?

It's impossible to say what you will miss without testing the two microphones against each other, and even then, which is actually right? But there are significant advantages to MEMS microphones, and this is probably why IKM switched from the type you are talking about to MEMS. Here is what a digikey employee had to say about MEMS advantages:

"MEMS microphone is a product of semiconductor technology. It has some significant advantages over ECMs in their performance, reliability, and manufacturability, namely as the following points:

MEMS microphone can be undertaken re-flow soldering process, but ECM cannot.

MEMS microphones have a higher “Performance Density” than ECM, meaning that MEMS microphones have better noise performance than ECM at the dimension, i.e. the noise of MEMS microphones can be assessed and cancelled.

Under the temperature changes, MEMS microphone has less sensitivity variation than ECM. Normally, ECM sensitivity drifts up to +/- 4 dB over its operating temperature range, but there is about 0.5 db under the MEMS microphones.

MEMS microphones have a lower vibration sensitivity than ECM. Because the mass of MEMS microphones are generally lower than that of ECM, the vibration response is less affected than ECM.

MEMS microphones have more uniform part-to-part frequency response than ECMs. There was a random selection where samples were picked from each type and put through frequency response analysis, especially in the high frequency and low frequency performance. This experiment shows that MEMS microphones have a more stable and average results, which means that the final product using MEMS will have a more stable performance."

Source: https://forum.digikey.com/t/electret-co ... ophone/447

The last point is probably the thing you should really think most about. You're more likely to get a frequency response that is the same as other people's microphones with MEMS than with the electret condenser. You should expect more "lemons" with electret condenser microphones. But noise performance is also important. I've read that electret condensers are also subject to variation due to moisture, especially over time. MEMS should be almost impervious to this.

But again, there isn't any way to know for sure what you will obtain for results in advance of those results. It's just that you're gambling with the very thing that you are trying to obtain, which is a good calibration.
dave_clark

Postby Fen1xSyd » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:00 am

jem7sk wrote:I'm definitely going to get the Drums and Bass. Any other recommendations for A5 as the focal point?

This is all the swag I picked up with my purchase of Amplitube5 if you're looking for inspiration :D

Amplitube 5

- Tracks5 Deluxe
- Mixbox
- Syntronik Deluxe
- Modo Drum
- Modo Bass
- Comprexxor
- Sunset Sound Studio Reverb
- Hammond B3X
- SampleTron2
- AmpliTube Leslie
- SampleTank4
- Lurssen Mixing Console
- Arc3
- Master EQ 432
- Stealth Limiter
(16 is about to get unlocked) - TRacks Leslie
Fen1xSyd

Postby mscheurer » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:43 am

I'm a little confused, as part of the group buy, I chose Syntronic Crossgrade and Syntronic Deluxe Upgrade, yet I only have 17 synths installed and just 50 presets, if I click the pram icon it tells me none of the synths are installed. In fact it looks exactly like the free version I had installed before...

I've tried reinstall, de-authorize and re authorize, Custom Shop restore purchases nothing makes any difference...

Not sure what's going here, hopefully I didn't waste 2 free items with this.
Amazing how many issues an uninstall will fix...
mscheurer

Postby devilnishy » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:16 am

16 Reached gotta love this multibuy.
devilnishy

Postby mistermahler1 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:53 am

dave_clark wrote:
mistermahler1 wrote:What will I "miss" if I use f.eks. a more normal Behringer meassuring mic typically traded for 10-15 bucks, picked up seccond hand locally ?

It's impossible to say what you will miss without testing the two microphones against each other, and even then, which is actually right? But there are significant advantages to MEMS microphones, and this is probably why IKM switched from the type you are talking about to MEMS. Here is what a digikey employee had to say about MEMS advantages:

"MEMS microphone is a product of semiconductor technology. It has some significant advantages over ECMs in their performance, reliability, and manufacturability, namely as the following points:

Thank you very much for taking the time and share such good insight !!!

The ECM8000 is definately dropped, Behringer does not even supply a general calibration-file, and the unofficial makes no sense, as there calibration is all over the place,.. 85 in test :lol:

Sure IK's own MEMS is better, more linear, but not calibrated, and no specs for tollerance etc

I figure that a mic with indivual calibration will be the best option for obvious reasons

So checking out Dayton EMM-6 with individual calibration-file and better dokumentation

https://www.daytonaudio.com/product/911 ... microphone

https://www.daytonaudio.com/images/reso ... ce-guide(2).pdf

Price is compareable ,.. only thing I dont know is if the calibration-file is ARC-compatible
mistermahler1

Postby juergen_b » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:13 am

mscheurer wrote:I'm a little confused, as part of the group buy, I chose Syntronic Crossgrade and Syntronic Deluxe Upgrade, yet I only have 17 synths installed and just 50 presets, if I click the pram icon it tells me none of the synths are installed. In fact it looks exactly like the free version I had installed before...

I've tried reinstall, de-authorize and re authorize, Custom Shop restore purchases nothing makes any difference...

Not sure what's going here, hopefully I didn't waste 2 free items with this.

This solved the problem for me (with new T-RackS modules, SampleTron, etc.): Use the IK Authorization Manager application (not the IK Product Manager) and enter the serial numbers.
Last edited by juergen_b on Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
juergen_b

Postby mistermahler1 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:19 am

Fen1xSyd wrote:
jem7sk wrote:I'm definitely going to get the Drums and Bass. Any other recommendations for A5 as the focal point?

This is all the swag I picked up with my purchase of Amplitube5 if you're looking for inspiration :D

Amplitube 5

- Tracks5 Deluxe
- Mixbox
- Syntronik Deluxe
- Modo Drum
- Modo Bass
- Comprexxor
- Sunset Sound Studio Reverb
- Hammond B3X
- SampleTron2
- AmpliTube Leslie
- SampleTank4
- Lurssen Mixing Console
- Arc3
- Master EQ 432
- Stealth Limiter
(16 is about to get unlocked) - TRacks Leslie

Two entryes here

High reduced with jam-points and gearcredits, and low discounted by dealer:

Thanks IK !!!!

----------------------------------

High Entry 199 (reelt 139 euro)

00. Sample Tank 4 (Upgrade)
01. Mixbox (cross)
02. Modo Drum (cross)
03. Modo Bass (cross)
04. Sampletron 2 (cross)
05. Hammond B3X (cross)
06. Amplitube 5 collection
07. Tracks Space Delay
08. Syntronik collection ,.. (MAX niveau, 23 instrumenter via low-entry)
09. Lursen Mastering Console
10. Tracks Sunset Reverb
11. Miroslav CE
12. Tape Machine 440
13. Tape Machine 80¨
14. Tape Machine 99
15. Tape Machine 24
16. SVX-1

Low Entry 59 (reelt 36 euro)

00. Amplitube Fulltone Collection
01. Amplitube SVX2 upgrade
02. Fractured Piano
03. Shipwrecked Piano
04. Malletopia
05. Malletension
06. Tracks Linear Phase EQ
07. Hitmaker: Synthwave
08. Hitmaker - Trap
09. Hitmaker - Reggaeton
10. Syntronik VCF3 supplement
11. Syntronik Modulum supplement
12. Tracks CSR Hall
13. Tracks CSR Inverse
14. Tracks CSR Plate
15. Tracks CSR Room
16. Wurly Model 120
mistermahler1

Postby mscheurer » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:40 pm

baumann.juergen wrote:This solved the problem for me (with new T-RackS modules, SampleTron, etc.): Use the IK Authorization Manager application (not the IK Product Manager) and enter the serial numbers.

Just tried that, no change...
Amazing how many issues an uninstall will fix...
mscheurer

Postby jem7sk » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:12 pm

mistermahler1 wrote:

The ECM8000 is definately dropped, Behringer does not even supply a general calibration-file, and the unofficial makes no sense, as there calibration is all over the place,.. 85 in test :lol:

Sure IK's own MEMS is better, more linear, but not calibrated, and no specs for tollerance etc

I figure that a mic with indivual calibration will be the best option for obvious reasons

So checking out Dayton EMM-6 with individual calibration-file and better dokumentation

Price is compareable ,.. only thing I dont know is if the calibration-file is ARC-compatible

Interesting.. Sounds like there are many options for a mic out there. After this deal the $90 (after tax and shipping) for the IK ARC mic doesn't sound too bad especially if it works. My monitors sound like crap compared to my headphones. If this will magically make my monitors sound good that would be awesome. But if there is a better mic for the same price or less I'll get that one.
jem7sk

Postby dave_clark » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:48 pm

mistermahler1 wrote:

One of the selections for the calibration is exactly that MEMS microphone, so it's probably included in the software. Furthermore, there should be no need for individual calibrations for MEMS microphones if manufacturing tolerances are maintained as well as they easily should be, given that semiconductor manufacturing technologies are used (I used to work in that industry), and given that these devices are targeted for calibration or measurement microphones. They probably use the same photolithography techniques and etching processes, etc. for different batches of the same MEMS devices for the same reason. In other words, different batches of MEMS1234XYZ should be virtually the same.

I agree that Individual calibration curves are practically required for electret condenser microphones because of their design and the manufacturing technologies utilized. You should not assume that the same is true for all types of microphones.

If you have an individually calibrated one, the question is, for how long will this actually be accurate? Chances are very good that a MEMS microphone will stay where it is much longer than an electret condenser type.
dave_clark

Postby Tom Kearney » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:09 pm

jem7sk wrote:
mistermahler1 wrote:

Interesting.. Sounds like there are many options for a mic out there. After this deal the $90 (after tax and shipping) for the IK ARC mic doesn't sound too bad especially if it works. My monitors sound like crap compared to my headphones. If this will magically make my monitors sound good that would be awesome. But if there is a better mic for the same price or less I'll get that one.

ARC with the Mems mic has made a huge difference in my little bedroom studio... they are both well worth it, in my opinion!

Tom
Tom Kearney

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements