IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price

Postby ttinker » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:25 am

pcarey3 wrote:I'm curious about the Group Buy. Its seems to strategically lock out the
most long-term loyal (20 years) customers. I can't find 15 things I need or want and
the newer cool stuff that I don't have is BOTH on the list of "qualifying products" and
listed with fine print that says "Not selectable as a free product for 25 Anniversary Group Buy promotion." Huh? It is entirely possible that I have misread/misunderstood something (not the first time), but at this stage, why would I participate? Since I've already spent lots of money over the years and have so many products, and it's now a buy 1 get15 free sale....why can't I get what I want at any appropriate discount....There aren't 15 things I don't have (and I've even put things on the list I don't really want to see what I "could" get)...so I'm penalized? Marketing strategy?

...happy to know where I've misunderstood this...

Peter

This seems a strange way to look at the world. There are many things in life that might be a great opportunity for others but don't apply to you; do you feel 'penalized' by all of them? If there aren't 15 things you don't have and don't want, nothing is forcing you to even think about this at all. It's great for lots of people, and if the company is doing it they probably are getting something out of it too (well, a big injection of cash for one, which will likely help fuel further innovation that benefits us all, and for another lots of new users for whom this is a great deal and who will likely buy more in the future). It's also a kind of fun, game-ified way to run a promotion - fun for most of us, anyway. If it's not great for you, don't waste any more time thinking about it! Go make some music! Or, see if there are 3 or 4 things you might want, get those and be happy about it - it's still a great deal even if you don't max out the benefit, and someone else getting a 'better' deal than you doesn't hurt you. If you've paid money over the years for lots of products from IK, likely you've enjoyed the use of them over that time. If not, why even think about this?

ps I'm a longtime customer of IK, who owns many of their products and have paid a fair bit over the years for them. I've also gotten a 'good deal' on many of them, due to previous sales and promotions. I double-dipped (at two price points) for this one just to have some fun playing the game and, the way things are going, will end up with pretty much everything I could imagine wanting - all the TR singles I passed on in the past because I wouldn't likely use them enough to justify purchase, now I can use them once or twice and not feel weird about it, or more if it turns out I really dig them... Amplitube collections even though I'm hardly a guitarist... sample sets I might not use at all but you never know, what the heck, I might fire one up to check it out and get inspired and the next thing you know there's a track in the works. These things happen. That's my logic anyway. The glass in this case is considerably more than half full!
ttinker

Postby huli50 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:22 am

pcarey3 wrote:the newer cool stuff that I don't have is BOTH on the list of "qualifying products" and
listed with fine print that says "Not selectable as a free product for 25 Anniversary Group Buy promotion."

I think the only products listed like this are ARC3 with the microphone, Electromagnetik, and Cinekinetik. I’m guessing that the supply chain to manufacture the hardware microphone that comes with that ARC3 bundle makes it difficult to keep up with demand if they made that available as a free product, but you could always use it as your point of entry into the group buy. I think that’s why they have the fine print, to still allow folks to use that product as their ‘buy 1’ before getting ’15 free’. If it’s the Electromagnetik and Cinekinetik instruments you are actually looking to own, then I think you can just buy one of the instruments, like Malletopia, and then use the free choices to get the other 7. That would be both collections currently priced at $300 combined at a total cost to you of 50 bucks. If those are the products you were targeting, then this group buy is the best way to get it.
huli50

Postby hydemusic » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:46 am

Not selectable as a free product for 25 Anniversary Group Buy promotion."

Well I agree to some extent. If the GB reached only 10 products, then I got 10 products that I'm ok with at a great price! :D Yes being a long time loyal customer may seem like a disadvantage but look at this way..When IK releases a new product like SampleTron2, AT5max, Syntronic......with the upgrade and intro price and your points we buy them at a great price rather than have to wait 6-9 months for a GB. Newbies can't do that! So I understand and agree with IK's marketing approach. It makes perfect sense. As far as my remaining 5 or more free products, it really doesn't make a difference to me. I'm a happy guy.
Bob
hydemusic

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:53 pm

pcarey3 wrote:I'm curious about the Group Buy. Its seems to strategically lock out the
most long-term loyal (20 years) customers. I can't find 15 things I need or want and
the newer cool stuff that I don't have is BOTH on the list of "qualifying products" and
listed with fine print that says "Not selectable as a free product for 25 Anniversary Group Buy promotion." Huh? It is entirely possible that I have misread/misunderstood something (not the first time), but at this stage, why would I participate? Since I've already spent lots of money over the years and have so many products, and it's now a buy 1 get15 free sale....why can't I get what I want at any appropriate discount....There aren't 15 things I don't have (and I've even put things on the list I don't really want to see what I "could" get)...so I'm penalized? Marketing strategy?

...happy to know where I've misunderstood this...

Peter

There are 100+ items in this group buy. You may be trying to select a collection/bundle which are not part of this group buy but their individual components are (Tape Machines, the Cinekinetik and Electromagnetik instruments, for example) and we do have newer items like SampleTron 2 included. You may want to click into the categories on the 25th Anniversary Group Buy page since sometimes folks miss those which list many products in said category.

It also does not "strategically lock out" loyal customers since most of the participants are current customers (and use their loyalty JamPoints in almost all cases too).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dave_clark » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:16 pm

pcarey3 wrote:
I'm curious about the Group Buy. Its seems to strategically lock out the
most long-term loyal (20 years) customers. <snip>

The usual purpose of sales events is to increase market share.

In the past, IK Multimedia has made offers. Some people like you have accepted these offers; others like me have rejected them. In the meantime (your "20 years"), you have used the products you purchased while others like me have not used nearly as many. Recently IK Multimedia has made new offers which quite a number of us are now accepting, and IK Multimedia is increasing its market share.

You are not being "penalized." IK Multimedia is under no obligation whatsoever to give you back your money or to shower you with gifts. You both came to an agreement. Now all of the sudden you feel that they owe you more. They don't.

Edit: Peter just answered as I was writing this.
dave_clark

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:38 pm

Trying to decide between the ARC System 3 Software only $99 or the ARC System 3 with mic $149. What does the mic usually go for if I pick it up later on, and does it usually go on sale when IK has their cyber Monday/Holiday sales ?
Musical.Alchemy

Postby DarkStar » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:24 pm

From a couple of hours ago:

----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby josuefebles » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:31 pm

garfy wrote:
helgetjelta wrote:If I buy one MixBox, can I then get another mixBox as on of the extra free ?

I'm thinking of having this in a school setup, both music and video. And this is really a very good bargan if I can buy one MixBox (10 licenses on each), and then get 10+ mix boxes... for free ?

Or can I only get one of each ?

Hello helgejelta

You don't get 10 licences, you get 1 licence with 10 authorisations. This means (as per the EULA):

"You may install and use the Product, or any prior version thereof for the same operating system, on up to three (3) computers, provided that (a) each computer is owned by (or leased to) and under the exclusive control of the Licensee; (b) the Product shall NOT be used simultaneously on more than one machine, and (c) any computer(s) with the Product installed shall not be sold, rented, leased, loaned or otherwise be removed from the Licensee’s possession without first removing (uninstalling) the Product, except as provided in Paragraph 4.5 (below) pertaining to “Software Transfer”."

Clause (b) is the one most pertinent to your idea.

However, if you are looking at using IKM products in an educational establishment you should contact Sales Support here who might be able to help you out.

I don't understand the difference between Authorizations and Licenses.
If you can use the products only on up to 3 computers, what are the rest of authorizations for?
And if I understand well. which I doubt, you can buy more licenses but you can only use them for yourself?...

Ouf, I'm all messed up.

Can anybody explain that to me in a simple way, please?
Thank you!!
josuefebles

Postby jem7sk » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:45 pm

I'm wanting to get Amplitube 5 as my main product on this group buy. If I get the ARC System 3, which comes without the mic, how do I get the mic later?

Also, I have Amplitube 4 Max so will my Mesa Collection etc be upgraded to 5.1?
jem7sk

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:11 pm

jem7sk wrote:I'm wanting to get Amplitube 5 as my main product on this group buy. If I get the ARC System 3, which comes without the mic, how do I get the mic later?

I'm looking at the same scenario. You can buy the mic separately later on, though you may not get it for $50. $150 for the full package seems like it might be a good deal. Though you'll have to buy it along with Amp5.
Musical.Alchemy

Postby DarkStar » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:30 pm

josuefebles wrote:I don't understand the difference between Authorizations and Licenses.
If you can use the products only on up to 3 computers, what are the rest of authorizations for?
And if I understand well. which I doubt, you can buy more licenses but you can only use them for yourself?...

Ouf, I'm all messed up.

Can anybody explain that to me in a simple way, please?
Thank you!!

A Licence is the legal right to use a particular product.
A Licence is granted to you only, as an individual person.
With each Licence you get 10 Authorizations
An Authorization is the activation of the product on a particular computer system.

You can install and Authorize the product on up to 3 systems at a time. But you can only use one of them at any time. And other people may not use the other systems. Let's say you change the Operating System on one of those systems. Then you will need to use a new Authorization.

If you want to buy a Licence for someone-else (say, as a gift) or for a business or school class, then contact Sales support to find out the details.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby dave_clark » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:51 pm

For those waiting for shipments of ARC3 with microphone:

Although clicking on "BUY NOW" has for three weeks, including just now, shown that the MEMS microphone is "In stock," I just learned from Sales Support that they are not in stock but actually back-ordered, hence the delay in shipments. They are expecting new microphones to be coming in "soon."

They also repeated the promise that one need not worry about participation in the Group Buy; for physical products, the date for participation is the purchase date, not the registration date, even though this flatly contradicts what is stated on the website: "Date of registration is decisive - The purchased product must be registered between August 5, 2021 and September 30, 2021." Source: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/25gb/#faq If the microphones don't come in until after the promotion ends, they should also extend the 30-day grace period for claiming free plugins for those having ordered ARC3 with microphone, but they have not affirmed this.

Although perhaps as many as twenty free plugins is a lot to gamble, I'm going to trust them on this, based on previous experience with pre-orders, etc.
dave_clark

Postby jem7sk » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:01 pm

Musical.Alchemy wrote:
jem7sk wrote:I'm wanting to get Amplitube 5 as my main product on this group buy. If I get the ARC System 3, which comes without the mic, how do I get the mic later?

I'm looking at the same scenario. You can buy the mic separately later on, though you may not get it for $50. $150 for the full package seems like it might be a good deal. Though you'll have to buy it along with Amp5.

This makes me think that maybe I should just get ARC System 3 and then get A5 SE for free.. Then I might be able to supplement the missing gear with A5 packs.. a lot to consider.

Anybody got a link to the separate mic purchase? I'd like to know the price.
jem7sk

Postby smata65 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:13 pm

jem7sk wrote:
Musical.Alchemy wrote:

This makes me think that maybe I should just get ARC System 3 and then get A5 SE for free.. Then I might be able to supplement the missing gear with A5 packs.. a lot to consider.

Anybody got a link to the separate mic purchase? I'd like to know the price.

Music Alchemy does not take into account that the ARC3 software can be selected as a Freebie during the promotion. The mems mic costs only 70 USD. So You can buy AT5 standard and the mic, and get ARC3 software plus any missing AT5 collections, and so much more during this Group buy

I recommend getting At5 Standard over SE. Just the new based on T-Racks processors are worth it, and You also get more and more expensive choices for Free gear on the Group Buy. If you have Jampoints, you can use those to lower the price of AT5 (up to 30% of the price)

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... arc-system
smata65

Postby jem7sk » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:20 pm

smata65 wrote:Music Alchemy does not take into account that the ARC3 software can be selected as a Freebie during the promotion. The mems mic costs only 70 USD. So You can buy AT5 standard and the mic, and get ARC3 software plus any missing AT5 collections, and so much more during this Group buy

I recommend getting At5 Standard over SE. Just the new based on T-Racks processors are worth it, and You also get more and more expensive choices for Free gear on the Group Buy. If you have Jampoints, you can use those to lower the price of AT5 (up to 30% of the price)

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... arc-system

Thank you for the info. After posting that I went and looked at the amps I'd be missing and it is the new ones I want so I'll be getting A5 Standard. Since I have A4 MAX I'm pretty sure all of that will be converted to 5??? and I'll already have all the Collections I want except Fender 2, Satch and Fulltone.

What would be the recommended T-RackS 5 Processors to pick up after getting T-RackS5 to compliment Amplitube 5?
jem7sk

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements