IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price

Postby mistermahler1 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:10 am

Musical.Alchemy wrote:
mistermahler1 wrote:Not nessesarilly new products, or new code, due to this sale,... there have regulary been man sales like this,... and much code have been ancient for years,... like CSR is 15-16 years old etc. etc.

Then what do you think they will do at this point, since their customer base so to speak probably has every item they could possibly want. I know I do.

Btw, they just added X-GEAR guitar pedals to Amplitube 5.1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTKMDKcqrQI

-

I think they will continue more or less on the same track from here, like after the previous sales, and like in general, with the news dropping in along the road

I see you point market being saturated, but seems not

I was Lucky being able to add Amplitube 5 ,.. and the SVX stuff, this is totalt new to me, dont play much guitar and bass, so hope it can be used a little for studio-works also

Peter: I didn't talk down CSR, it is what it is, a good verb,.. yes,.. guess we could call it retro by now :D

Like we know, the developer, (from out the house), is one of the worlds best, in the business also today

CSR is still nice, but I believe it foremost shines due to a low CPU footprint versus quality
mistermahler1

Postby blueshift9 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:45 pm

So I bought in upgrading Amplitube SE to full (non-max version). It seems like I could not "gift" a license to my son in the same house but I could do that with SE, is that correct? What if I wanted to use 2 free products, SE and then the upgrade? Thanks and even if I can't do that this sale is amazing.
blueshift9

Postby Thedude4774 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:58 pm

blueshift9 wrote:So I bought in upgrading Amplitube SE to full (non-max version). It seems like I could not "gift" a license to my son in the same house but I could do that with SE, is that correct? What if I wanted to use 2 free products, SE and then the upgrade? Thanks and even if I can't do that this sale is amazing.

Hi Blueshift9! I don't think you can gift anything bought with the sale. Makes sense as otherwise someone could wait till after the sale is over and make a mint selling pieces off for just under full price or something. Here is the relevant clause in the promo flyer:

Free selected promotional products cannot be sold/transferred. They reside in your account separate from the original purchase and would not be transferred if the original qualifying item is sold
Thedude4774

Postby josuefebles » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:21 pm

Hi

I'm trying to save the big Sample Tank sound files on an external disk, but the ones I have are formatted FAT-32 and won't take files bigger than 4G.

What do you guys do to store those sounds?

Thanks!
josuefebles

Postby MrFigg » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:38 pm

josuefebles wrote:Hi

I'm trying to save the big Sample Tank sound files on an external disk, but the ones I have are formatted FAT-32 and won't take files bigger than 4G.

Thanks!

I thought most of the individual zips were under 4GB. If you go to My Products under Sample Tank, sounds you can download them one at a time. Otherwise reformat your drive.
MrFigg

Postby helgetjelta » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:55 pm

If I buy one MixBox, can I then get another mixBox as on of the extra free ?

I'm thinking of having this in a school setup, both music and video. And this is really a very good bargan if I can buy one MixBox (10 licenses on each), and then get 10+ mix boxes... for free ?

Or can I only get one of each ?
helgetjelta

Postby MrFigg » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:05 pm

helgetjelta wrote:If I buy one MixBox, can I then get another mixBox as on of the extra free ?

I'm thinking of having this in a school setup, both music and video. And this is really a very good bargan if I can buy one MixBox (10 licenses on each), and then get 10+ mix boxes... for free ?

I think you can only get one of each thing. They’re greyed out from the list once you’ve confirmed your selection.
MrFigg

Postby josuefebles » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:31 pm

MrFigg wrote:

Thanks!

I thought most of the individual zips were under 4GB. If you go to My Products under Sample Tank, sounds you can download them one at a time. Otherwise reformat your drive.

Some of them are over 7G big.
Reformat a drive with over 500G on it? That's a lot of time.
But Thanks anyway..
josuefebles

Postby garfy » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:07 pm

helgetjelta wrote:If I buy one MixBox, can I then get another mixBox as on of the extra free ?

Hello helgejelta

You don't get 10 licences, you get 1 licence with 10 authorisations. This means (as per the EULA):

"You may install and use the Product, or any prior version thereof for the same operating system, on up to three (3) computers, provided that (a) each computer is owned by (or leased to) and under the exclusive control of the Licensee; (b) the Product shall NOT be used simultaneously on more than one machine, and (c) any computer(s) with the Product installed shall not be sold, rented, leased, loaned or otherwise be removed from the Licensee’s possession without first removing (uninstalling) the Product, except as provided in Paragraph 4.5 (below) pertaining to “Software Transfer”."

Clause (b) is the one most pertinent to your idea.

However, if you are looking at using IKM products in an educational establishment you should contact Sales Support here who might be able to help you out.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby garfy » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:15 pm

josuefebles wrote:
MrFigg wrote:

Thanks!

But Thanks anyway..

Hi josuefebles

Unfortunately, FAT32 is becoming a bit long in the tooth as a format and only really needed if you are using your external across both a PC and Mac. Even still, a Mac doesn't like FAT32 that much.

It will be best to format the drive as NTFS for Windows or OSExtended/APFS for Mac, depending on the type of drive it is. Realistically the reformat doesn't take time, but moving files onto another drive (and then back again) to do the reformat does.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby helgetjelta » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:21 pm

You don't get 10 licences, you get 1 licence with 10 authorisations. This means (as per the EULA):

Clause (b) is the one most pertinent to your idea.

However, if you are looking at using IKM products in an educational establishment you should contact Sales Support here who might be able to help you out.

Sorry, I got a little aroused here... of course I only get 1 license... sorry for the misunderstanding...

I was just hoping that I could get chance to order one and get 12+ more for free in this 25th sale... but if products already chosen will grey out, then I'm out of luck.
helgetjelta

Postby DarkStar » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:42 pm

----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby notaneasygame » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:12 pm

josuefebles wrote:
MrFigg wrote:

Thanks!

But Thanks anyway..

7zip will let you split them up further and get them where you want them to sit.

I've had my files sat on an external drive previously, still have a low powered windows tablet with ST3 on it and the soundsets on a micro SD, but nothing beats it sitting on your main ssd drive. Treat yourself at Xmas. The best thing about buying music software and computer hardware for me is the wife literally doesn't have a clue I've been buying new stuff.
notaneasygame

Postby deathscytherulz » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:34 pm

Just going to throw out a word of warning to anyone buying the arc system 3 with the mic off of ik's website. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago it still hasn't shipped. Just got an email from support and was told it was out of stock and that higher shipping tiers will be handled with priority if I wanted to cancel and reorder with a paid shipping tier instead of the free one.

Kind of annoyed because I didn't see anywhere that it was out of stock so wondering where I should be looking for those notices?

And will people like me who won't be basically shaken down for shipping fees (that's just the vibe I got from the reply) be granted a grace period to activate our products to qualify for the group buy?

That second question I have re-asked support as it didn't get granted any notice in my first interaction with them, but as I am paranoid and also don't want this to happen to others I am posing the questions here as well.
deathscytherulz

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:59 pm

I'm sure support will answer you soon but of course they'll take care of you and make sure you qualify for the promotion once you receive and register your ARC since you purchased it during the promotion.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements