IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price

Postby Fen1xSyd » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:52 am

I've once again gone through the plugins and at 18-19 freebies + an additional $100 purchase ($300+$100). I will literally have everything I could ever want from IK (and more). I can definitely make some tiny sacrifices at 16-17, but if we hit 19 it's gonna be next level!

Starting to explore and incorporate Modo Bass, Mixbox (love the saturation), Comprexxor, Sunset Sound Reverb, Lurssen Mastering and TRacks into some sessions, it's great stuff.
Fen1xSyd

Postby josuefebles » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:57 pm

Hi Peter

I just noticed that when you display the drop-down list of Available freebes there are two options for the Amplitube SVX 2. One says just Amplitube SVX 2, and the one right after is Amplitube SVX 2 Upgrade. What would be the difference?.. Which one should I choose?

And another similar question:
For the ARC System 3, the only option is crossgrade. What does that mean? Do you just get the software anyway, or do you have to own something already?

Thank you!
josuefebles

Postby MrFigg » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:01 pm

josuefebles wrote:Hi Peter

I just noticed that when you display the drop-down list of Available freebes there are two options for the Amplitube SVX 2. One says just Amplitube SVX 2, and the one right after is Amplitube SVX 2 Upgrade. What would be the difference?.. Which one should I choose?

And another similar question:
For the ARC System 3, the only option is crossgrade. What does that mean? Do you just get the software anyway, or do you have to own something already?

Thank you!

No difference. I think the upgrade is cheaper but they're the same thing.
The "crossgrade" price is because you own another plugin of value €99 or more. Note that with ARC you only get the software and not the mic.
MrFigg

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:11 pm

----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby mistermahler1 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:59 pm

Thanks for sharing the overview Darkstar ,.. more linear than one could expect ,.. guess we was wrong when assuming the man at IK who is adjusting the counter is drunk always :lol:
mistermahler1

Postby MrDownhill » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:48 am

Hi there! I have a question about this awesome group buy thing.
I just bought T-racks 5 and I made a careful list for those 12 slots for extra modules. Then I noticed that indeed I could pick also T-racks 5 SE which includes several other plugins from my list at once.
So,when using standalone app, let's say I open T-racks 5. Will I be able to use the modules from SE or would I need to open SE in standalone to use those?

Thank you for your answers!

-Teemu
MrDownhill

Postby Fen1xSyd » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:07 am

HraPerkele81 wrote:Hi there! I have a question about this awesome group buy thing.
I just bought T-racks 5 and I made a careful list for those 12 slots for extra modules. Then I noticed that indeed I could pick also T-racks 5 SE which includes several other plugins from my list at once.
So,when using standalone app, let's say I open T-racks 5. Will I be able to use the modules from SE or would I need to open SE in standalone to use those?

-Teemu

I picked up TRacks 5 Deluxe and it installed a bunch of vst's from the Tracks5 Deluxe bundle as well as other ones. If I opened one of the other ones I would be prompted to trial or buy the product. I'm guessing that's going to be the same experience for you.

I'm using Reaper and I just placed all the ones I have a license for into a specific folder so I can browse them easier without accidentally clicking on one of the ones I dont own.

There's not a single "Loader" for the TRacks stuff (as far as im aware). They are all standalone VST's and you just load them up one by one on a track.
Fen1xSyd

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:17 am

HraPerkele81 wrote:Hi there! I have a question about this awesome group buy thing.

-Teemu

You will be able to use the modules from both. The other posted experience is not the expected behavior. Any issues like that can be reported to IK Support so they can help sort things out.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ttinker » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:40 am

Fen1xSyd wrote:There's not a single "Loader" for the TRacks stuff (as far as im aware). They are all standalone VST's and you just load them up one by one on a track.

There *is* a single loader VST, called 'TR5 Suite', which is much like the standalone app but without the file-handling and playback components, which are obviously handled by the host. It's great because it enables parallel chains, like the standalone host. It also includes basic metering, but for some reason does not (in my case, anyway) seem to load the more advanced (and rather handy) metering module, which can only be loaded as a separate plugin.
ttinker

Postby ttinker » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:08 am

Peter_IK wrote:

-Teemu

You will be able to use the modules from both. The other posted experience is not the expected behavior. Any issues like that can be reported to IK Support so they can help sort things out.

From what I'm reading (unless Peter is referring to something completely different, in which case my bad), the 'other posted experience' is very much what happens - and which many people complain about: regardless of the 'edition' one owns, TR5 can only be installed via an everything-all-at-once installer, meaning all modules including those one does not have a license for - without the possibility of deselecting those one isn't interested in, or doesn't own yet.

So if you picked up TR5 Deluxe and then TR5 SE as an add-on to unlock the additional modules it contains (which is clever btw), the installer will still install various other things which neither package includes, and they will be available for 'trial' via the Custom Shop. This is the behavior reported by literally everyone, as far as I've seen. I know why IK does it, to tempt us to demo and become enamored with the latest greatest wonder-modules not yet in the bundles (Sunset Sound Reverb, Comprexxor, Space Delay...) (hey, it worked in my case, so there you go) ... but it is something which seems to annoy a lot of people.

There is however, as mentioned previously in the thread, a handy little user-created tool for disabling those you don't own / don't want and would prefer to not have clogging up the interface... I doubt I am supposed to post a link to such a thing here, but a google search for "github tr5 plugin disabler" should get you headed in the right direction. It's a Python script but there's a compiled Windows app linked in the main description. I didn't make it and take no responsibility for it's efficacy or safety, but it's out there and pretty straightforward. You can also do what it does (changing the names of the ones you want to disable so they are not recognized by the host or suite) manually without too much trouble.
ttinker

Postby MrFigg » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:22 am

ttinker wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:

-Teemu

From what I'm reading (unless Peter is referring to something completely different, in which case my bad), the 'other posted experience' is very much what happens - and which many people complain about: regardless of the 'edition' one owns, TR5 can only be installed via an everything-all-at-once installer, meaning all modules including those one does not have a license for - without the possibility of deselecting those one isn't interested in, or doesn't own yet.

So if you picked up TR5 Deluxe and then TR5 SE as an add-on to unlock the additional modules it contains (which is clever btw), the installer will still install various other things which neither package includes, and they will be available for 'trial' via the Custom Shop. This is the behavior reported by literally everyone, as far as I've seen. I know why IK does it, to tempt us to demo and become enamored with the latest greatest wonder-modules not yet in the bundles (Sunset Sound Reverb, Comprexxor, Space Delay...) (hey, it worked in my case, so there you go) ... but it is something which seems to annoy a lot of people.

There is however, as mentioned previously in the thread, a handy little user-created tool for disabling those you don't own / don't want and would prefer to not have clogging up the interface... I doubt I am supposed to post a link to such a thing here, but a google search for "github tr5 plugin disabler" should get you headed in the right direction. It's a Python script but there's a compiled Windows app linked in the main description. I didn't make it and take no responsibility for it's efficacy or safety, but it's out there and pretty straightforward. You can also do what it does (changing the names of the ones you want to disable so they are not recognized by the host or suite) manually without too much trouble.

Install the full package. Find the plugins in the folder you installed to and move the .dll files you don’t want to a separate folder. That way they won’t show up in your DAW. In the eventuality you want to use them you can move them back.
MrFigg

Postby Fen1xSyd » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:37 am

Good to see it wasn't just my experience with all the additional stuff from TRacks installing and dangling the trial in your face :lol: . It actually annoyed me with Amplitube5 for like an hour before I realised you could filter it to just things you own. Like how disheartening is it spending 300 Euro on something only to be shown 50% of it you dont have access to, but anyway.

Yeah I just found the TRacks "Suite" vst today which I'd never noticed before. It's a nice little loader but it still shows all the stuff you dont have access to (mildly desaturated to show you don't own it but still).

I think I'm so used to loading things via a vst chain in reaper I'll stick to loading them one by one, but it's nice that the loader exists with the built in metering up the top right.

Oh and never fret on those missing TRacks plugins, just buy them all through the GB, simple, everyone wins :D
Fen1xSyd

Postby ttinker » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:40 am

Fen1xSyd wrote:Oh and never fret on those missing TRacks plugins, just buy them all through the GB, simple, everyone wins :D

EXACTLY! 8-)
ttinker

Postby MrDownhill » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:11 am

Big thanks to you all answering my question!
Wow,didn't expect it to be such a mess...=D
Looks like I won't be doing much of artistic work today after installing T-racks 5,SE version and extra modules.
Also, I got the freezing problem when trying to install the first bought t-racks yesterday.
FAQ tip about that didn't work in my case but luckily I did find the install files through the User area on website later.
From a consumer point of view there's quite a lot IK could do to improve!
MrDownhill

Postby josuefebles » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:11 pm

Hello again and thanks everyone for the quick replies!

I got another question:

Yesterday I bought an extra set of products. When my purchase was completed the promotions that I'd already used from the first product disappeared and only the new ones were displayed. Is that how it normally goes when you purchase another product?...

Thanks
josuefebles

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements