IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price

Postby ttinker » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:00 pm

hamsdean wrote:Thanks for the reply. I noticed after relaunching everything that certain T-racks modules unlocked, but not all. I do see the slots available now. I think I may just have to go over and log out/in to Custom Shop and the auth manager a couple times to see if I can everything working. Appreciate it!

In the Custom ´Shop under your user name (when logged in) there is a function called 'Restore My Purchases'. This syncs your computer's licenses for Custom Shop things (including T-Racks and Amplitube) with your account, and can be handy if there's something that should be authorized and working but isn't.

Also, it's possible to get the ones you don't have a license for to go away, by renaming them to 'bak' or similar... someone out there on another forum made a handy dandy little utility for doing this automatically, which you can run in about 5 seconds after a given update, it remembers what you want to 'hide' and what you want left alone, and this can be customized. I haven't tried it, but it's out there and apparently works, if you would like to trim down your T-Racks list to things you actually own and use.
ttinker

Postby ttinker » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:02 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
mistermahler1 wrote:Like said elsewhere, I belive we will reach 13-16

Based on the the latest figures more like 13 than 16 it seems

Anyway, not more that I "miss", and that I guess is the case for most

I don't think that's accounting for the typical surge at the end as has happened with every previous IK group buy.

Seems to be picking up again today! I think we will get pretty close to 20 by the time all is said and done. But then, I'm an optimist.

Which reminds me of a joke: if an optimist says the glass is half-full, and a pessimist says it's half-empty, what does an engineer say? ... "This glass is twice as big as it needs to be!"
ttinker

Postby notaneasygame » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:06 pm

Thedude4774 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:[
This typically happens at the beginning of an extension. Unfortunately, some urgency is required for many people to be enticed to join even though this is already an insane deal as it is!

Hi Peter! I have a few questions. If I get SampleTank 4 and T-RackS Deluxe through the promo, then is there a direct path to upgrade them to max and if so how much would it cost? Also wondering is the full Philharmonik included in SampleTank 4 Max and also, if I purchase T-RackS 5 as one of my free ones with the promo, can I use another one of my free ones from the same deal to upgrade it to Deluxe? Sorry for all the questions! I'm trying to weigh whether to do the promo or just save up for Total Studio 3 Max because I really want SampleTank Max and all the T-RackS that come with TS3M.
(Also wondering for Amplitube Max, am I missing out on much besides the expansion packs if I just go with Amplitube 5. I already have Amplitube 4 Max.)
Thank you!

I've debated this with myself in the past so I thought I'd weigh in. IK don't have an upgrade path like Steinberg's Cubase does, so having AmpliTube 4 Max will get you the crossgrade prices for all Max/Deluxe items in store (Syntronik is slightly different). The crossgrade for ST4 Max for example isn't cheaper for already owning ST4 regular, (and will only get you Philharmonik CE). If all you own is AmpliTube 4 Max and you really want (almost) everything TS3M really wins out. If you have a wider spread of products Group Buy helps fill in the gaps like no other promotion ever has. Suddenly you see the attraction of Group Buy.

But, a $/€199.99 group buy (with your jam points or gear credits also bringing it down by up to 30%) will get you Mixbox, Tracks 5, SampleTank 4, ModoDrums, ModoBass, Philharmonik CE, Syntronik and still leave you extras to pick and choose. Everything is covered above. Once you have these the rest are dependant on what music you make and what you want to extras/variations of. There's everything you need and more right there. You also then have a month to audition what you have and decide where you choose additional products.

The alternative is to go in at 299 with Tracks Deluxe getting you more modules and you can then also pick the full version of Philharmonik. It's whether you think it is worth paying extra for.

For AmpliTube, if you download AmpliTube 5 Custom Shop you'll find you get increased capabilities from your current 4 Max items. You can pick extra packs with the bonus free items.

Group Buy is simply the best deal they have ever offered.
notaneasygame

Postby mistermahler1 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:02 pm

Yep ,.... !!!!!!

Another tape-delay for me ,.. thanks IK :)

mistermahler1

Postby notaneasygame » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:27 pm

I feel.like my next purchase should be a 2TB SSD. I was supposed to have given up the pc for most of my music making on account of the awesomeness of the new iPad pro.

You can never have enough music software, it's software, doesn't take up space and your wife need never know about them all.
notaneasygame

Postby mistermahler1 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:45 pm

notaneasygame wrote:doesn't take up space and your wife need never know about them all.

Yep, our secret place :lol:
mistermahler1

Postby Thedude4774 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:59 am

notaneasygame wrote:
I've debated this with myself in the past so I thought I'd weigh in. IK don't have an upgrade path like Steinberg's Cubase does, so having AmpliTube 4 Max will get you the crossgrade prices for all Max/Deluxe items in store (Syntronik is slightly different). The crossgrade for ST4 Max for example isn't cheaper for already owning ST4 regular, (and will only get you Philharmonik CE). If all you own is AmpliTube 4 Max and you really want (almost) everything TS3M really wins out. If you have a wider spread of products Group Buy helps fill in the gaps like no other promotion ever has. Suddenly you see the attraction of Group Buy.

So there is no discount to upgrade from SampleTank 4 up to SampleTank 4 Max, or from T-RackS Deluxe to T-RackS Max, or from AmpliTube 5 to AmpliTube 5 Max? I'm really surprised. Thank you so much for telling me!
Thedude4774

Postby Kinketsu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:49 am

Thedude4774 wrote:[So there is no discount to upgrade from SampleTank 4 up to SampleTank 4 Max, or from T-RackS Deluxe to T-RackS Max, or from AmpliTube 5 to AmpliTube 5 Max? I'm really surprised. Thank you so much for telling me!

I'm pretty sure there is a discount but you'll probably have to ask IK support to tell you what would happen in each case, since there's no way I know of to model the purchase (i.e. to ask the website, "what would the price of Y be, if I already owned X?").

There are also crossgrade prices; so, once you owned one of the MAX products, I think the prices for the others would drop.

It does make it a bit difficult to choose an optimal path in advance. At least with the Group Buy it's completely clear what you can get if you (say) buy in once at 200, again at 100, and a third time at 50. Or whatever combination meets your need. To get to exactly the equivalent of TS3 MAX might be tricky via the Group Buy ... BUT ... you can get a very functional, nearly complete subset at the lowest price you'll ever see. (The downside is you wouldn't actually own a MAX product, and so some crossgrade prices would not be available to you ... but hopefully if you followed the strategy well, you would have no need of them.)

As a possible exception to the above "lowest price" statement: if you have interest in a pair of iLoud MTMs (very nice monitors), then the bundle price of those with TS3 MAX is quite attractive ... you are then getting TS3 MAX for $400.

I hope that helps some...

K
Kinketsu

Postby Kinketsu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:34 am

Kinketsu wrote:As a possible exception to the above "lowest price" statement: if you have interest in a pair of iLoud MTMs (very nice monitors), then the bundle price of those with TS3 MAX is quite attractive ... you are then getting TS3 MAX for $400.

I should clarify ... right at the moment, the MTMs are on a brief sale for $600, and it's $1000 for the monitors + TS3 MAX. Temporarily only, the price differential is $400. Ordinarily the MTMs are $700, and so at regular prices the additional cost of TS3 MAX is $300.

K
Kinketsu

Postby DarkStar » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:01 am

Thedude4774 wrote:
notaneasygame wrote:

So there is no discount to upgrade from SampleTank 4 up to SampleTank 4 Max, or from T-RackS Deluxe to T-RackS Max, or from AmpliTube 5 to AmpliTube 5 Max? I'm really surprised. Thank you so much for telling me!

Not a specific (X to X MAX) discount, no.

But if you have a Qualifying Product (one with a MRSP of $/€99 or more) then you are eligible for one or more Crossgrades or Upgrades. Have a look in that section of your User Area on the IK Multimedia web site. There you will see the product prices applicable to you based on your current licences.

So if you have ST4 you can get AT5 MAX and TR5 MAX at their cross-grade prices (as well as ST4 MAX at its upgrade price) and other crossgrades too. That seems like a good deal to me.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Fen1xSyd » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:07 pm

Your calculations are way off :D
Ripping at 200+ a day and bound to increase in the last week leading upto the end of the month. At this rate I'd say its an easy 18-20+. I may even spend another $100 to scoop up all the missing TRacks and Amplitube Modules so i'll pretty much have

Amplitube 5 Max
TRacks 5 Max
Mixbox
Syntronik Deluxe
Modo Bass
Modo Drum
Hammond B3X
SampleTron2
Lurrsen Mixing Console
Arc3
SampleTank 4

At a glance I was like, for $400 I could have just gotten Total Studio SE. But doing it this way of spending $300 on one purchase and $100 on a second purchase will get you further. I've spent way too much time documenting all this in a spreadsheet 8-)
Fen1xSyd

Postby juergen_b » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:08 pm

notaneasygame wrote:I've debated this with myself in the past so I thought I'd weigh in.
[...]
But, a $/€199.99 group buy (with your jam points or gear credits also bringing it down by up to 30%) will get you Mixbox, Tracks 5, SampleTank 4, ModoDrums, ModoBass, Philharmonik CE, Syntronik and still leave you extras to pick and choose. Everything is covered above. [...]

Which prices are considered for "equal or lesser value"? Since I own some IKM products, I see Upgrade/Crossgrade prices in the online store. Is the "equal or lesser value" comparison based on my individually discounted prices or may I only pick free products with official list prices equal or less than my purchased item? In the latter case, the list (Mixbox, T-RackS, ...) would be shorter.

Thanks for any help.
juergen_b

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:47 pm

baumann.juergen wrote:
notaneasygame wrote:I've debated this with myself in the past so I thought I'd weigh in.
[...]
But, a $/€199.99 group buy (with your jam points or gear credits also bringing it down by up to 30%) will get you Mixbox, Tracks 5, SampleTank 4, ModoDrums, ModoBass, Philharmonik CE, Syntronik and still leave you extras to pick and choose. Everything is covered above. [...]

Which prices are considered for "equal or lesser value"? Since I own some IKM products, I see Upgrade/Crossgrade prices in the online store. Is the "equal or lesser value" comparison based on my individually discounted prices or may I only pick free products with official list prices equal or less than my purchased item? In the latter case, the list (Mixbox, T-RackS, ...) would be shorter.

Thanks for any help.

If you pay an upgrade/crossgrade price, that's the value. So something like MixBox Crossgrade would be 199.99 so you'd choose free options 199.99 or less.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby huli50 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:10 pm

Fen1xSyd wrote:At this rate I'd say its an easy 18-20+.

I'd be perfectly happy, even if the promotion ended today. 2 for 1 is an awesome deal by itself. 13 for 1 is straight-up outrageous. BUT, if we do get to 20, I'd be even more perfectly happy. Hoping your prediction ends up true!

Fen1xSyd wrote:At a glance I was like, for $400 I could have just gotten Total Studio SE. But doing it this way of spending $300 on one purchase and $100 on a second purchase will get you further. I've spent way too much time documenting all this in a spreadsheet 8-)

Agree with this. After it's all done, I'll be left with pretty much everything I'd currently want from Amplitube, TRackS, and SampleTank. To me this is better than Total Studio SE. It's like a customized Total Studio SE, or a Total Studio 'MAX to me'.
huli50

Postby mistermahler1 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:48 pm

Fen1xSyd wrote:

Your calculations are way off :D
Ripping at 200+ a day and bound to increase in the last week leading upto the end of the month. At this rate I'd say its an easy 18-20+.

Yes, fortunately it seems so ,.. or at least 16-18 ,.. cool anyway :lol:

My entry was 200 and 60 ,.. but the 200 entry did release some crossgrade-options that I had not expected from the start, so I got both the full Modo's in advance and several other
mistermahler1

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements