IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price

Postby Kinketsu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:50 am

First let me state upfront that I'm delighted by the promo and looking forward to having all this new gear.

Now, one small bit of feedback for IK: for folks who have previously bought substantial amounts of software from you, it can be very tricky to figure out which items are pointless to buy, because we already own all the pieces.

The page is somewhat customized for my account... for instance, it understands the reduced price for several offerings due to crossgrade. However, it is still presenting me with a whack of items that I essentially already own. For instance, I own Sample Tank 4 MAX. It's a bit silly that the page is offering to sell me Sample Tank 4 SE and Sample Tank 4. A bit more subtle than that, is it's offering me Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE, which is also bundled in ST4MAX.

It would be REALLY helpful to have the option to hide individual items that I already own, and hide versions of software that contain nothing new for me. That would have made it much easier to make my prioritized list of new items.

Anyway, that's just a small suggestion for future. Overall, as I said, I'm very very happy for the promo ... Many thanks!

K
Kinketsu

Postby Headfuse1 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:57 pm

Headfuse1 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:
Headfuse1 wrote:Did work wonderfully for two purchases, the third one for 129EUR could be redeemed once and that's it. No solution from support so far. Where there should be three drop-down menus, I have only two and already redeemed them so I cannot make a screenshot. Any ideas how to solve this are much appreciated.

You should click each "Available" button, you will see different dropdowns on each based on your purchases and what was available to you at that time.

If that still doesn't help, IK Support will answer and you'll have plenty of time to make your choices. Thank you.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your fast response. That is exactly the problem. I do not have any available buttons left. I bought two items at the 24th of August and redeemed all promotions that were and became available to me. I then bought another item a few days later at tier 10 and should have gotten 10 more items, right? But I did not.

Support was quick to respond at first but now I did not hear anything for 24h, which is fine for the time being.

Case solved. Just wanted to let you know.
Headfuse1

Postby Fen1xSyd » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:28 pm

I ended up doing a full spreadsheet of items I can get for the one purchase and it's insane, I'm in complete awe of how good this deal is. Just wanted to jump on here and say thanks for the support and advice. I just picked up Amplitube5 and will slowly grab the next 10 (soon to be 11) freebies... IK, you got me good on this promo, well done :)
Fen1xSyd

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:40 pm

Headfuse1 wrote:Case solved. Just wanted to let you know.

Fantastic, thank you for letting me know.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:41 pm

Fen1xSyd wrote:I ended up doing a full spreadsheet of items I can get for the one purchase and it's insane, I'm in complete awe of how good this deal is. Just wanted to jump on here and say thanks for the support and advice. I just picked up Amplitube5 and will slowly grab the next 10 (soon to be 11) freebies... IK, you got me good on this promo, well done :)

Wow thank you for the kind words. This is definitely one heck of a deal. I guess we "go big or go home" for anniversaries. Let me check when my next work anniversary is so I can get a big party for 15 (currently 11+) :)
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:25 pm

11+ years at IK Multimedia for Peter and 11 bonus products for everyone:

imgur is playing up at the moment, so no graph
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Kinketsu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:13 pm

I'm looking down the list of things I don't have, and could choose as freebies. On that list is Syntronik. However, I'm examining what's available in my installation of Syntronik Free, and what the Syntronik page says it provides ... and so far as I can see, everything in Syntronik is already in my version of Syntronik Free.

I know I haven't bought Syntronik or any instruments for it, although I got 2 free intruments previously from IK (Memory-V and OXa), due to mailing list subscription (I think).

Can anyone clarify for me what is the difference between Syntronik and Syntronik Free, that might motivate picking up Syntronik as one of the freebies ?

Thanks,
K
Kinketsu

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:41 pm

Kinketsu wrote:I'm looking down the list of things I don't have, and could choose as freebies. On that list is Syntronik. However, I'm examining what's available in my installation of Syntronik Free, and what the Syntronik page says it provides ... and so far as I can see, everything in Syntronik is already in my version of Syntronik Free.

I know I haven't bought Syntronik or any instruments for it, although I got 2 free intruments previously from IK (Memory-V and OXa), due to mailing list subscription (I think).

Can anyone clarify for me what is the difference between Syntronik and Syntronik Free, that might motivate picking up Syntronik as one of the freebies ?

Thanks,
K

Hi, Syntronik Free is a small subset of the instruments in Syntronik. Per the Syntronik page:

Syntronik Free is a fully functional FREE version of Syntronik with 50 instrument presets, 38 effects, parts, Multis and arpeggiators that you can play and edit with sounds taken from the massive Syntronik library that can be used as a plug-in or standalone virtual instrument.

Vs Syntronik:

Syntronik includes 17 amazing Synths, available as a collection or separately, with over 2,000 preset sounds covering a wide selection from 38 of the most iconic to ultra-rare and painstakingly multi-sampled vintage synthesizers.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:54 pm

From a few hours ago:

----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Kinketsu » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:30 am

Peter_IK wrote:Hi, Syntronik Free is a small subset of the instruments in Syntronik. Per the Syntronik page:

Syntronik Free is a fully functional FREE version of Syntronik with 50 instrument presets, 38 effects, parts, Multis and arpeggiators that you can play and edit with sounds taken from the massive Syntronik library that can be used as a plug-in or standalone virtual instrument.

Ah, thanks. I was confused that when I clicked the Syntronik Free version, it directed me to the Syntronik page, and somehow I didn't see this explanation at the bottom. Even the free version seems huge to me; I'm struggling to envision something 40x as big. (I suppose it's now obvious that I know nothing about synths ... but I'm imagining I may have extra freebies, and so I might as well use them.)

Thanks very much for kindly pointing me to the explanation that I should have found on my own.

Cheers,
K
Kinketsu

Postby Thedude4774 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:11 am

Okay, so now this is getting tricky. I'm pretty broke. I figure the most I could probably spend(and shouldn't really even do that) is $300. I just found out about Total Studio 3 Max last month while looking at all the stuff I might get during this current promotion, and when I realized there was no way I could ever get all the stuff that is in TS3M if I buy them piece by piece, I decided I had to just hold off and wait until TS3M goes on sale again.

The only thing I'd be missing out on with TS3M is the SampleTron 2, which I would really love to have, but the full version of TrackS with the Tape Machines, the full version of SampleTank, the full version of Amplitube 5, full version of PhilHarmonik, Syntronik, etc.

If I just buy them piece by piece, I will never ever have them all. So with my maxgrade price and judging by past sale prices, I'm thinking I must just tie myself to the mast and wait it out till TS3M goes on sale.

But, I was really holding out hope that would happen Labor Day, and it hasn't, and now the 25th sale is likely to get to 18 or more by the end of the month. So now I've got to weigh, even if I spend 200 or 300 on this sale, there's still just so much in TS3M that I will never ever be able to get, right? I should just tie myself to the mast and wait, but I really want to make music now. Dang it.

Is it worth it to wait until Black Friday or New Years and hope TS3M goes on sale again, or is there some way to spend $300 or less now and be able to get enough pieces of the puzzle right now that I won't hate myself in the future for all the missing things that I could have gotten in TS3M if I'd waited and will never ever get then? Anyone else wrestling with this conundrum?
Thedude4774

Postby Fen1xSyd » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:43 am

^^^^

Really just depends on your wants vs needs. I can definitely see the value in just getting the $600 Total Max3 and never having to think about anything... or going through all the stuff and seeing what you "really need/want".

I grabbed a spreadsheet and went through the IK software and jotted down everything I wanted alongside the price. I then roughly ranked from top to bottom the things I want in order. I then figured out that if you buy Amplitube5 for $300 it counts as a discounted $400 item so you get access to the $400 stuff (one item, Syntronik Deluxe).

Right now you are getting your purchased item + 11 items, so I grabbed my top 12 ranked items and went... is this worth $300 + the possibility of more items by the end of this month? For me it massively was so I went for it.

If I honestly yearned for the whole Total Max3 I could see an argument for just buying that and calling it a day... cause if you do what I did you'll almost always have holes here and there. But if you're realistic and don't need things like all the tape saturations (because they'd be 4 individual items) then my method works a treat.

I think you could actually do what I've done, which is buy a $300 item, get 11 free... and then also buy another $150 item and goto town on another 11 free for 150 and less... you'd have to check with Peter. Even if that's the case, $450 is still better than $600.

Here's my list I had made
Buy - Amplitube5 - $300

1) Tracks5 Deluxe
2) Mixbox
3) Syntronik Deluxe
4) Modo Drum
5) Modo Bass
6) Comprexxor
7) Sunset Sound Studio Reverb
8) Hammond B3X
9) SampleTron2
10) AmpliTube Leslie
11) Stealth Limiter

Remaining items on the wishlist

Bus Compressor
AmpliTube Mesa Boogie
Amplitube Orange
Amplitube Fender
Lurssen Mixing Console
White Channel
Saturator X
Arc3
SampleTank4
Fen1xSyd

Postby Thedude4774 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:09 am

Thanks Fen1xSyd! Yes, I really just need to do what you said and work it all out on paper. It is a super incredible deal, and I was going to pull the trigger for sure when I found out about it a few weeks ago, but the more I looked into TS3M the more I thought I had to wait, because I knew it had to get to like 15 for 1 or something before I would even consider it over waiting for TS3M.

The really tricky thing is I found out I missed an insane deal: TS3M was only $300 with a maxgrade price back in May! Really wish I had a time machine, because I have Amplitube 4 Max so I could have gotten in on that sweet sweet deal. Was day dreaming that it might come back, or something close to that, for Labor Day but no dice. But this deal is really amazing. The trickiest thing for me is SampleTank Max, because that's one of the things I want most and SampleTank Max doesn't qualify for the offer, even as an upgrade from SampleTank 4.

But you're right, I think what I need to think about is getting SampleTank 4 and all the main modules I want with that(SampleTron 2, Syntronik, MixBox, Modo Drum, Modo Bass, Hammond B-3X, Amplitube 5, etc.), and then dish out another $100 and get like the 6 SampleTank additions I want most, the 3 or 4 Amplitube additions I want most, the 2 or 3 Syntronik additions I want most, and the 3 or 4 TrackS additions I want most that are all $100 or under. Just worried then a month later TS3M will go on sale again and I will hate myself. :)
Thedude4774

Postby Fen1xSyd » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:27 am

^^^^

Ah man, deals are always going to come and go. If you cough up $400 now and you end up seeing it for $300 in 6 months then I guess you can say to yourself you paid a $100 premium for 6 months use of the stuff... plus noone has a crystal ball, that 6 months could be 18 months.

I was tossing up some SSL plugins vs Plugin Alliance vs Slate VMR and some other ones. The IK stuff I've put together really covers all my mixing needs and all the Syntronik and Sampletron stuff is a bonus.

Yeah SampleTank is a funny one, I initially thought it was something I really wanted but when I dived into some videos I realised having a vast library of "decent" effects is just not something I need. I just need good guitar, good drums, good bass, good mixing/mastering plugins and i'm sorted. If I was doing more sound design stuff then yeah SampleTank would be a winner but lucky for me I didn't have your conundrum haha.

The thing thats got me real excited about owning all of these is that its not a subscription. I've had subs in the past and have always been timid with using things... I'll obviously slap down some compressors and channel strips, but I subconciously know there'll be a day where I dont have them anymore. I'm now willing to spend the time on heaps of the TRack5 plugins and all the rest to really give them a good run for their money. I'm happy to spend a chunk of change and be done with the great plugin hunt (for a while anyway, lol).
Fen1xSyd

Postby Thedude4774 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:41 am

Ah man, deals are always going to come and go. If you cough up $400 now and you end up seeing it for $300 in 6 months then I guess you can say to yourself you paid a $100 premium for 6 months use of the stuff... plus noone has a crystal ball, that 6 months could be 18 months.

You are super right. Definitely a "bird in hand . . ." situation. :)

The thing thats got me real excited about owning all of these is that its not a subscription. I've had subs in the past and have always been timid with using things... I'll obviously slap down some compressors and channel strips, but I subconciously know there'll be a day where I dont have them anymore. I'm now willing to spend the time on heaps of the TRack5 plugins and all the rest to really give them a good run for their money. I'm happy to spend a chunk of change and be done with the great plugin hunt (for a while anyway, lol).
[/quote]

I had trouble with that even after just trying out trials of things! I stupidly used a bunch of plug-ins that I just had on trial to test out on a bunch of my mixes so when the trials ended all of a sudden the mixes sounded like crap. Doh! I'm an idiot. :) That's one of the things that got me most interested in TS3M though, was the complete edition of TrackS. I definitely need to improve my mixing and mastering game, and it's crazy, they package every TrackS plugin in TS3M, even ones that aren't in Max.

What kind of music are you making? Have you found any mixing/mastering plug-ins you would recommend? Right now my mixing/mastering skills are awful. Really need to up my game. If you don't mind, would love to know if you decide any of the TrackS plug-ins in particular are especially useful or essential, because I'd love to know which ones to pick out of the deal(from what I hear Sunset Studio is awesome, so I'm planning to get that one for sure, but I haven't gotten to try it yet. Also hoping to get at least one of the Tape Saturations, but I have no idea which one)
Thedude4774

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements