IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price

Postby DarkStar » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:45 pm

If you all want 24 bonus products, you'll need to find some more friends with money ;)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jem7sk » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:28 pm

tkearneyone@gmail.com wrote:ARC with the Mems mic has made a huge difference in my little bedroom studio... they are both well worth it, in my opinion!

Tom

Thanks Tom, I believe I am going to get the ARC mic to go along with the software.
jem7sk

Postby mistermahler1 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:44 pm

dave_clark wrote:
mistermahler1 wrote:
Sure IK's own MEMS is better, more linear, but not calibrated, and no specs for tollerance etc

I figure that a mic with indivual calibration will be the best option for obvious reasons

One of the selections for the calibration is exactly that MEMS microphone, so it's probably included in the software. Furthermore, there should be no need for individual calibrations for MEMS microphones if manufacturing tolerances are maintained as well as they easily should be, given that semiconductor manufacturing technologies are used (I used to work in that industry), and given that these devices are targeted for calibration or measurement microphones. They probably use the same photolithography techniques and etching processes, etc. for different batches of the same MEMS devices for the same reason. In other words, different batches of MEMS1234XYZ should be virtually the same.

I agree that Individual calibration curves are practically required for electret condenser microphones because of their design and the manufacturing technologies utilized. You should not assume that the same is true for all types of microphones.

If you have an individually calibrated one, the question is, for how long will this actually be accurate? Chances are very good that a MEMS microphone will stay where it is much longer than an electret condenser type.

Thanks again, I also guess that MEMS are just up to more linearity, and even more important, less inconsistancy from mike to mike, so you have "calibrated" all and one by the same correction-pattern, no correction file pressent, or needed as long as used it in ARC, one out of several reasons IK has chosen MEMS for this purpose

Anyway, I now did read elsewhere that their microphone can NOT be used as a general measuring-microphone either, for exact the same reason, but I am not going to give more than 100 euro, vat and post included, for a microphone that is deadended to be used only with ARC, that was not the plan.

So it will be the Dayton, or I will drop the hole idea again, unfortunately I did not bye ARC in this sale, but dont remember exactly how, so I will have to check up if its NFR, and reconsider the hole thing

I should have been a little more suspicious and reserved from the start
mistermahler1

Postby mistermahler1 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:06 pm

More ARC-3 info also here:

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php? ... /#comments

A little deeper ,... how to make the the calibration file that the MEMS is missing

https://gearspace.com/board/studio-buil ... ent-3.html

https://audioxpress.com/article/fresh-f ... microphone

General data:

Condenser Measurement Microphone
Omnidirectional
Free field
Calibrated frequency response when used with ARC: 20-20,000 Hz +/- 0.5 dB
Transformerless output
Electronically balanced
Impedance: 100 Ohm
Signal-to-noise ratio: 65 dB (A)
Maximum sound pressure level: 124 dBSPL
Phantom power: 12 - 48 V
Dimensions: 129.5 mm x 23 mm
Weight: 25 g
Scope of delivery: measurement microphone and microphone clamp
mistermahler1

Postby ttinker » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:15 pm

DarkStar wrote:...

If you all want 24 bonus products, you'll need to find some more friends with money ;)

Heh... the overall linearity of it (red and purple lines) is kind of mind-boggling, despite short-term peaks and valleys. I've been assuming we'll top out around 20 or possibly 21 if there's another 11th-hour spike. That's quite OK with me. After double-dipping, I am at the point of trying to convince myself I might use the few things there are left to get - as opposed to my usual routine of looking at the absurd stable of tools I already have and then trying (and all too often, failing) to convince myself I don't need new things. Which I objectively don't, but the collector's mindset is a tough thing to shake...
ttinker

Postby jem7sk » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:53 pm

Ok, I just purchased A5 and had 55 Jampoints I was able to use. Just waiting on all my other promotions to pop up. Hopefully it won't take long.
jem7sk

Postby josuefebles » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:16 pm

DarkStar wrote:
josuefebles wrote:I don't understand the difference between Authorizations and Licenses.
If you can use the products only on up to 3 computers, what are the rest of authorizations for?
And if I understand well. which I doubt, you can buy more licenses but you can only use them for yourself?...

Ouf, I'm all messed up.

Can anybody explain that to me in a simple way, please?
Thank you!!

A Licence is the legal right to use a particular product.
A Licence is granted to you only, as an individual person.
With each Licence you get 10 Authorizations
An Authorization is the activation of the product on a particular computer system.

You can install and Authorize the product on up to 3 systems at a time. But you can only use one of them at any time. And other people may not use the other systems. Let's say you change the Operating System on one of those systems. Then you will need to use a new Authorization.

If you want to buy a Licence for someone-else (say, as a gift) or for a business or school class, then contact Sales support to find out the details.

Thank you for your reply, DarkStar!

I think I almost got it! Just one doubt yet, what happens if I sell my computer? As long as I deauthorize the products before I sell it I still have 3 systems to install them, or do I lose one of them forever?...

Thanks!!
josuefebles

Postby DarkStar » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:34 pm

Uninstall them. In Windows from the Control Panel, in OSX I think the uninstaller is packaged with the installer. Then delete all the sounds libraries

Then Deauthorize them using the IK Product Manager. That way you do not lose any.

As I said above, your have 10 Authorizations but you can install / Authorize the product on up to 3 systems at any time (so you would be using 3 of the 10 Authorizations).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jem7sk » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:06 pm

I'm an 80's style hard rock and hair metal guitarist. What should I pick to go along with my A5 purchase? I'm good on A5 stuff. I'm going to get the Modo Bass and Drums. Curious what else is recommended to help with my sound and recording.

I'm guessing I will have to load all these products in my recording software to use them together or does IK have something to do that stand alone?
jem7sk

Postby josuefebles » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:37 am

jem7sk wrote:I'm an 80's style hard rock and hair metal guitarist. What should I pick to go along with my A5 purchase? I'm good on A5 stuff. I'm going to get the Modo Bass and Drums. Curious what else is recommended to help with my sound and recording.

I'm guessing I will have to load all these products in my recording software to use them together or does IK have something to do that stand alone?

From a hairy metal point of view, I would recommend you this:

T-Racks 5
AmpliTube MESA/Boogie
T-RackS 5 Sunset Sound Studio Reverb
T-RackS Master EQ 432
T-RackS Stealth Limiter
T-RackS Comprexxor
T-RackS Tape Machine 80
josuefebles

Postby notaneasygame » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:39 am

jem7sk wrote:I'm an 80's style hard rock and hair metal guitarist. What should I pick to go along with my A5 purchase? I'm good on A5 stuff. I'm going to get the Modo Bass and Drums. Curious what else is recommended to help with my sound and recording.

Great choices from josuefebles.

Remember you're basically creating your own inclusive windows/mac studio so grabbing things outside of your guitar domain will help you with a full production. Every DAW has their own VST soundsets, and for the most part they're outdated and full of bloat, if you get nothing extra from a keyboard playing point of view Sampletank 4 will raise your game no end. Easy to use and a huge all rounder. Mixbox will help you fire in different effects to drastically change anything and give you new ideas.

You still have another 10-12 extras to choose from. If you like throwing orchestral pads onto your work, Philharmonik has you covered. London Grooves and L.A. confidential will help you put down song ideas real quick. If you record with anyone else who plays keys, they'll maybe thank you for the Hammond or Syntronik or a deeply sampled piano.

Re your last comment, basically if it makes a sound from a keyboard or your guitar you can use it stand alone or in your DAW, Mixbox and T-Racks stuff you'd probably never use them outside of your DAW.
notaneasygame

Postby jem7sk » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:24 pm

Thank you josuefebles and notaneasygame! That is exactly what I was looking for.
jem7sk

Postby millstudios » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:18 pm

Hi All and apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but ..I have purchased two items in the Group Buy ..but can only occasionally see both of the drop down menus for the free items ( I bought Amplitube 5 Se and Galaxy but have only been offered ( apart from I think three times ) the drop down choice from the galaxy purchase ..any idea how I can see both and also see how many free choises I have left with the Amplitube purchase ?
millstudios

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:34 pm

millstudios wrote:Hi All and apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but ..I have purchased two items in the Group Buy ..but can only occasionally see both of the drop down menus for the free items ( I bought Amplitube 5 Se and Galaxy but have only been offered ( apart from I think three times ) the drop down choice from the galaxy purchase ..any idea how I can see both and also see how many free choises I have left with the Amplitube purchase ?

There will be multiple buttons in your Promotions area, you will see multiple choices under only the newer instances since you purchased the additional products. If it is still unclear there, please consult with IK Support who can access your account and see what is happening specifically in your case.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:35 pm

And we have a new challenge!

The Group Buy is in full force. Things are going so well that there's an exciting new challenge about to begin: reach 20,000 participants by the end of September, and we'll extend the Group Buy through October!

That's another whole month to reach the 25th-anniversary goal of 25 products for the price of 1.

This week, we've already reached the 16th tier of the Group Buy with over 16,000 total qualifying purchases made.

If you were one of the participants, thank you! Don't forget you can make a second purchase to raise the counter and double up on FREE software!

If you weren't one of the participants, it's time to act. Just make any qualifying purchase at the link below, register your product and then grab your 16 FREE titles (maybe 17 by the time you read this) with more to come!

And don't forget to spread the word. Only a few days left in September and a couple of friends could help push us past the goal line.

Let's keep this massive Group Buy going!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements