Announcing AmpliTube X-GEAR guitar pedals

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: Announcing AmpliTube X-GEAR guitar pedals

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:05 pm

Alaithol wrote:Very helpful, thank you! Do you know if that will be available for other delays in amplitube, or only for the new virtual X-Gear pedals?

I appreciate all the info!

At this time just the virtual X-GEAR pedals. Happy to help!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jvan.fioretti@gmx.ch » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:19 am

Will they be available in Amplitube iOS?
jvan.fioretti@gmx.ch

Postby Alaithol » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:02 am

I feel like I am missing something, but I don’t see any option I checkout for the 6 month payment option. Where should that show up?
Alaithol

Postby DarkStar » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:08 pm

Peter_IK wrote:If you qualify you should see it at the bottom of the checkout page where you'd choose your payment method. If you are not seeing that you would need to contact IK Support as the forum mods/admins wouldn't have access to troubleshoot this issue. Thank you.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:08 pm

Hear each of the 16 algorithms of the AmpliTube X-SPACE reverb pedal in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VUIFGtF3uE

Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby albertpauw » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:47 am

It sounds very good.

One question:
Can I plug in a synth, or is the input specifically suited for guitars only?

The signal of a synth is "hotter", or is there a setting to adjust the input for guitar or synth?
albertpauw

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:20 pm

albertpauw wrote:It sounds very good.

One question:
Can I plug in a synth, or is the input specifically suited for guitars only?

The signal of a synth is "hotter", or is there a setting to adjust the input for guitar or synth?

You are able to plug in a synth too, without a problem.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby vac713 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:03 am

Greetings all. perhaps I missed thread about the x-gear collection somewhere else on this forum. I have to say I'm a bit surprised at the lack of discussion about these pedals. I for one am an avid fan/supporter of IKMM. I own every dang piece of software the've developed and I have quite a bit of their HW as well.. I can't wait to get my hands on these things (I ordered all 4 last week). The demos have blown me away.... that plus I get the virtual devices to play around with on AT5 and librarian to create/save presets on the pedals.... I've been hoping for such integration to/from studio to stage.

I'd like to hear some of your thoughts on the products. Can someone Create a new topic for these pedals?

Kudos to IKMM for having the balls to venture into an arena that is saturated with incumbent effect manufacturers. I'm sure they are very confident that they have what they believe is a product worthy of their name. After all, plenty of R&D..... dollars have been spent to get to the point of releasing said product. Failure is not an option!

I just wish I could at least get my hands on the virtual pedals while I wait for the physical ones to arrive (I already paid for it-----hint hint LOL)

You guys are great and I can't wait to get my paws on these things
vac713

Postby ronprouty » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:00 pm

Question on the X-GEAR pedals, if I start off with only the X-DRIVE, will it be possible to have other effects from Amplitube in the X-DRIVE presets, such as delay or reverb, without having the associated X-GEAR pedal for those effects? Thanks
ronprouty

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:10 pm

ronprouty wrote:Question on the X-GEAR pedals, if I start off with only the X-DRIVE, will it be possible to have other effects from Amplitube in the X-DRIVE presets, such as delay or reverb, without having the associated X-GEAR pedal for those effects? Thanks

That is not going to be possible. Each pedal has its own algorithms and the I/O and such are different. It isn't a blank slate where you can load one of the other sets of algorithms on to a different pedal as you describe.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ronprouty » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:31 am

Peter_IK wrote:
ronprouty wrote:Question on the X-GEAR pedals, if I start off with only the X-DRIVE, will it be possible to have other effects from Amplitube in the X-DRIVE presets, such as delay or reverb, without having the associated X-GEAR pedal for those effects? Thanks

That is not going to be possible. Each pedal has its own algorithms and the I/O and such are different. It isn't a blank slate where you can load one of the other sets of algorithms on to a different pedal as you describe.

Ok, thanks, just wanted to make sure I understand the functionality correctly. Some of the clips in the X-DRIVE sound samples video sounded like there might be some reverb and delay included, and I thought the functionality might be there in some limited capacity. Thank you for clarifying.
ronprouty

Postby megatrousers » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:00 pm

Hello,
do the virtual x-gear pedals feature any exclusive sounds or effects not already in amplitube?
If so, which ones?
megatrousers

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:33 pm

megatrousers wrote:Hello,
do the virtual x-gear pedals feature any exclusive sounds or effects not already in amplitube?
If so, which ones?

From the X-GEAR web page:

AmpliTube X-GEAR pedals leverage IK’s latest technologies and 20+ years’ experience as the #1 amp and FX modeling company. The state-of-the-art DSP onboard includes 16 custom high-end algorithms per pedal, drawn from the most popular AmpliTube models along with all-new reverb and delay algorithms.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby megatrousers » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:41 am

OK, thanks.
megatrousers

Postby xmanpacheco » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:26 pm

So it looks like I can acquire both a phycial and virtual pedal for 299. If I just acquire a virtual pedal for 149 and decide later I want both, do I get any sort of created when buying the physcial?

Couldn't find this information anywhere.

Thanks!
xmanpacheco

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements