AXE I/O Now Available

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: AXE I/O Now Available

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:46 pm

kellere wrote:Question: as a class compliant device, what about using this in connection with new iPad Pro. I see others have asked this question but I reiterate it from the class compliant point of view. Thanks, Cheers

AXE I/O is not supported on iOS officially, per the Specs. I do not have information on its use on iOS but perhaps other users may have tried.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby geroldschmidt » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:25 pm

Dose any one know how the AMP out works ? it's dead silent.

Head phone is working
geroldschmidt

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:38 pm

geroldschmidt wrote:Dose any one know how the AMP out works ? it's dead silent.

Head phone is working

You would need to route the signal (in your DAW typically) to that output in order to have any output from it (as is true for the other outputs). Please check out the manual that is available in your IK User Area or from the AXE I/O page on our site https://www.ikmultimedia.com/axeio/

Basically, it is Output 5. There's more detail in the "3 Setup Your DAW" section for general setup which concludes with:

Once the AXE I/O is set as the preferred Audio Device in your DAW, all 2 inputs and 5 outputs will appear in your DAW’s Audio I/O preferences.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby thumbslapper » Mon May 20, 2019 9:51 pm

Have a question - I can see from the manual that there are 5 discrete outputs (guessing hte headphone output is assignable to 1/2 or 3/4).

what about inputs? are there 6 discrete inputs?

Mic 1/2
Line in 1/2
Instrument 1/2

or are some of those combined (ie instrument 1/2 goes to the same AD convertor as Mic 1/2), or can all 6 be used at once (6 separate inputs on Logic for example).

I'm also thinking that I can plug 2 instruments in each with a separate line out and treat each one independently - ie guitar in instrument 1; bass in instrument 2; each have their own AmpliTube running, and each have a discrete out (guitar --> amp out, bass --> Line 1 out).

this right? thx all! -ts
thumbslapper

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 20, 2019 10:09 pm

AXE I/O is 2 in, 5 out. So you can only use two of the inputs at a time. With routing in a DAW yes you can certainly send guitar and bass to two different tracks using AmpliTube. Note that only Input 1 will have the guitar-centric features like Z-Tone etc.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby thumbslapper » Mon May 20, 2019 11:02 pm

Peter_IK wrote:AXE I/O is 2 in, 5 out. So you can only use two of the inputs at a time. With routing in a DAW yes you can certainly send guitar and bass to two different tracks using AmpliTube. Note that only Input 1 will have the guitar-centric features like Z-Tone etc.

Thx Peter for answering so quickly!

Another Input question - if you have guitars plugged into front panel 1 & 2, and something plugged into Mic INput 1 & 2, do they get mixed together? or do the front panel 1 & 2 inputs disable the mic inputs?

One last question (I promise) - is it possible to plug a switch into one of the switch/expression ports and have it act like a bypass for attached computer? ie if enabled it routes input 1 --> amp output (or input 2 --> line 1 out) directly? Its kind of treating it like a effects unit (obv audio signal still goes thru AD & DA)...

thx again! I'm ordering this today, it looks awesome! - ts
thumbslapper

Postby johnrude_91 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:12 am

Thats really nice as it is easy to accessable.
johnrude_91

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:19 pm

thumbslapper wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:AXE I/O is 2 in, 5 out. So you can only use two of the inputs at a time. With routing in a DAW yes you can certainly send guitar and bass to two different tracks using AmpliTube. Note that only Input 1 will have the guitar-centric features like Z-Tone etc.

Thx Peter for answering so quickly!

Another Input question - if you have guitars plugged into front panel 1 & 2, and something plugged into Mic INput 1 & 2, do they get mixed together? or do the front panel 1 & 2 inputs disable the mic inputs?

One last question (I promise) - is it possible to plug a switch into one of the switch/expression ports and have it act like a bypass for attached computer? ie if enabled it routes input 1 --> amp output (or input 2 --> line 1 out) directly? Its kind of treating it like a effects unit (obv audio signal still goes thru AD & DA)...

thx again! I'm ordering this today, it looks awesome! - ts

Hi, no the inputs do not get mixed together. You'll have to route them 2 at a time as it is a 2 in/ 5 out interface.

You would not be able to use the switch as a full bypass for the whole signal, it would function as an assignable footswitch/expression pedal only.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:21 pm

Pensado's Place will be airing an episode of Into The Lair that they recorded live which features AXE I/O at 1PM PST today (July 12, 2019). Check it out!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ryanedwards421 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:36 pm

This thins looks sweet. Need to give it a try ASAP.
ryanedwards421

Postby ieverIAb » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:45 pm

For example i launch Cubase (with ASIO) and launch music player at one time (with ASIO). It's will work? Or only one application can work? Another words: Multiclient driver? fradownme.com
Last edited by ieverIAb on Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ieverIAb

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:12 pm

ieverIAb wrote:For example i launch Cubase (with ASIO) and launch music player at one time (with ASIO). It's will work? Or only one application can work? Another words: Multiclient driver?

As Ryan posted on Gearslutz, you should have no problem playing along with another application:

AXE I/O users should have no problem using say AmpliTube 4 and YouTube/Spotify. Since the AXE I/O has multiple outputs, you can get around any Windows limitations, or if you want you can even use this quick work-around to use a single set of outputs in this way.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby johnhoskins » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:25 am

Looks like a perfect AI for guitarists !But l recommenda built-in processing and that will be better!
johnhoskins

Postby dlgebert » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:33 pm

I wanted to share with you my final post on the L6 forum after I purchased my AXE I/O. The original post which I made earlier this year was myself asking what their upgrade path was now that the next MacOS will be 100% 64 bit with no exceptions for legacy software. I hope this post is ok with the forum moderators. :)

Dave

I've been a Line6 customer since 2004, starting out with the original POD XT. Then I got a Bass POD XT and later a TonePort UX1. I have every model pack, guitar and bass. Then they came out with the POD Studio UX1, which except for some appearance changes, is exactly like the TonePort UX1. Both UX1 versions are essentially a POD XT with mic preamps. If you have all of the model packs like I do, then it's a fully loaded POD XT and Bass POD XT, which is about where I was in 2004...

PodFarm 2.59, which is the most current version, was released in November of 2015. Clearly Line6 has no upgrade path for someone like myself who has a home studio. Their lack of response on this issue means that I've reached the end of the road with Line 6, there literally is no road left and I don't stop at dead end roads.

I've had Amplitube for many years now and I have almost all of IKM's software products, so I have purchased their AXE I/O interface and have discarded my POD Studio UX1. IKM is innovative and is constantly updating their products. Their road is an eight lane super highway, not a dead end road lined with abandonware.

Dave
Last edited by dlgebert on Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dlgebert

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:39 pm

dlgebert wrote:I hope this post is ok with the forum moderators. :)

I'd be stupid not to be OK with this post :) I'll even leave the quote again below. But seriously, very humbling to hear, AXE I/O is something we're proud of and as guitar is my main instrument for over 35 years, I can say personally and outside of any IK affiliation that this is the interface that guitarists have been waiting for, whether they knew they were waiting for something or not. Hi-Z is not good enough. External boxes and assorted doohickeys just to get a good direct signal are a PITA (and of course get noisy or faulty in some way at the worst possible moment - don't get me started about tape vs digital on this note!). AXE I/O ticks all of the right boxes for me, and I see you have had a similar epiphany. Thank you for the kind words.

I've been a Line6 customer since 2004, starting out with the original POD XT. Then I got a Bass POD XT and later a TonePort UX1. I have every model pack, guitar and bass. Then they came out with the POD Studio UX1, which except for some appearance changes, is exactly like the TonePort UX1. Both UX1 versions are essentially a POD XT with mic preamps. If you have all of the model packs like I do, then it's a fully loaded POD XT and Bass POD XT, which is about where I was in 2004...

PodFarm 2.59, which is the most current version, was released in November of 2015. Clearly Line6 has no upgrade path for someone like myself who has a home studio. Their lack of response on this issue means the I've reached the end of the road with Line 6, there literally is no road left and I don't stop at dead end roads.

I've had Amplitube for many years now and I have almost all of IKM's software products, so I have purchased their AXE I/O interface and have discarded my POD Studio UX1. IKM is innovative and is constantly updating their products. Their road is an eight lane super highway, not a dead end road lined with abandonware.

Dave
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements