AXE I/O Now Available

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: AXE I/O Now Available

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:49 am

edomello wrote:Hello,
I'm considering to buy this product, but I'd like to ask some questions to be sure it fits my needs:

- Is it ASIO/MME multiclient? In other words, would I be able to play inside my DAW while playing a non-asio source (e.g. YouTube) in the background? I own a well-known usb audio card which doesn't allow this, and it's quite frustrating.

- Is it ASIO/ASIO multiclient? In other words, would I be able to use two DAWs concurrently, or perhaps Amplitube and another similar ASIO software at the same time? [This is not crucial for me as much as the first]

- I know you won't give support about it, but does it support audio playback in Linux? I don't care about using a DAW or recording guitar in linux, I just need to use the AXE I/O as a standard usb audio card to drive my monitors on Linux as I plan to use this card to fully replace my motherboard audio card, and I use both linux and windows for work.

I'm sorry for asking so many questions, but I struggle finding other places with so many AXE I/O owners :)
Thanks in advance.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in.

But for definitive answers, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days, but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby nikkinemo95 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:48 am

I'm not sure that -- for the kind of data being transferred/handled, at least -- that latency is really very dependent on whether the connections are USB 2 or 3. I think that, in this case anyway, latency is much more dependent on things in the computer: i.e. the CPU, etc.

So, really, it seems to me that USB 2 here is just a sensible cost-saving choice. There's no benefit to using more expensive USB 3 components.
Last edited by nikkinemo95 on Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nikkinemo95

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:59 pm

nikkinemo95 wrote:I'm not sure that -- for the kind of data being transferred/handled, at least -- that latency is really very dependent on whether the connections are USB 2 or 3. I think that, in this case anyway, latency is much more dependent on things in the computer: i.e. the CPU, etc.

So, really, it seems to me that USB 2 here is just a sensible cost-saving choice. There's no benefit to using more expensive USB 3 components.

Correct. USB2 can handle the audio bandwidth at - off the top of my head - at least thousands of times larger than required for running AXE I/O at full capacity (all ins and outs being used to maximum spec). In fact USB2 far exceeds the bandwidth necessary for even an 8 in/out interface, which is why those exist as well and run beautifully as ultra-low latency over USB2 as AXE I/O does.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby integratron » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:27 pm

Peter - no mention of AXE I/O SOLO??? :shock:
Amplitube/SampleTank/Syntronik/TrackS/Steinberg UR22/Win 10 Pro/Dell XPS8700/intel i7 /TB HDD/8Gb RAM - J S Bach, the Einstein of music - Listen to D. Scarlatti and my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/
integratron

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:08 pm

integratron wrote:Peter - no mention of AXE I/O SOLO??? :shock:

Not in the older thread announcing AXE I/O but there is a News & Announcements thread about AXE I/O Solo's availability from when it was released.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby integratron » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:29 pm

Great - Never mind! :D
Amplitube/SampleTank/Syntronik/TrackS/Steinberg UR22/Win 10 Pro/Dell XPS8700/intel i7 /TB HDD/8Gb RAM - J S Bach, the Einstein of music - Listen to D. Scarlatti and my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/
integratron

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:51 pm

integratron wrote:Great - Never mind! :D

No problem since I panicked and had to make sure it had been posted! :)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby integratron » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:02 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
integratron wrote:Great - Never mind! :D

No problem since I panicked and had to make sure it had been posted! :)

Peter - you ARE a panic - thank you for that laugh!!!! :lol:
integratron

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:04 pm

We are currently live for #AESorg AES 2020 with AXE I/O now: http://bit.ly/ikaes2020
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mpavleski » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:03 pm

I just got the AXE I/O. It has four hardware inputs (2 mic + 2 instrument), however the control panel only sees two software inputs.

Does this mean that I am limited to only 2 inputs in software (e.g. mics are mixed into Input1) ?

I wanted to do the following setup:
- guitar on input 1
- bass on input 2
- mic on mic input 1

I wanted to process both bass and guitar in AmpliTube and leave the Mic input unprocessed.

Seems the AXE I/O is not capable of this , if I understand this correctly. It is very frustrating to find out this after the purchase !
mpavleski

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:18 pm

mpavleski wrote:I just got the AXE I/O. It has four hardware inputs (2 mic + 2 instrument), however the control panel only sees two software inputs.

Does this mean that I am limited to only 2 inputs in software (e.g. mics are mixed into Input1) ?

I wanted to do the following setup:
- guitar on input 1
- bass on input 2
- mic on mic input 1

I wanted to process both bass and guitar in AmpliTube and leave the Mic input unprocessed.

Seems the AXE I/O is not capable of this , if I understand this correctly. It is very frustrating to find out this after the purchase !

AXE I/O is a 2 in / S out audio interface per the AXE I/O web page:

AXE I/O is a professional 2 in/5 out audio interface – and controller - designed specifically with the needs of the recording guitarist in mind, providing best-in-class sound quality and powerful features aimed squarely at making your recordings faster, easier and better than ever.

You can use two of the inputs simultaneously.

Connections
  • 2 in / 5 out (one low-noise Amp out)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

AXE I/O - Amplitube 5 Bundle

Postby lyndess » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:23 am

There is a great promotion right now where one can purchase AXE I/O bundled with Amplitube 5 Max for $400 (USD), vs. the unbundled price of $350 for the AXE I/O unit. What if someone recently purchased AXE I/O from a retail store (and already owned Amplitube 4 Max, if that matters); is it possible to separately purchase the upgrade to Amplitube 5 Max for $50?
lyndess

Postby lunarrover1968 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:25 pm

Just wondering what is the recommended sample rate to use for the best performance, just recently got an AXE I/O so not too sure what the best settings would be.
lunarrover1968

Re: AXE I/O - Amplitube 5 Bundle

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:28 pm

lyndess wrote:There is a great promotion right now where one can purchase AXE I/O bundled with Amplitube 5 Max for $400 (USD), vs. the unbundled price of $350 for the AXE I/O unit. What if someone recently purchased AXE I/O from a retail store (and already owned Amplitube 4 Max, if that matters); is it possible to separately purchase the upgrade to Amplitube 5 Max for $50?

The forum moderators/admins are not able to handle this sort of request. There isn't a specific upgrade path on the IK web shop in the case you mention so you'd need to present this case to the IK Support team via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they can see what is possible.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:32 pm

lunarrover1968 wrote:Just wondering what is the recommended sample rate to use for the best performance, just recently got an AXE I/O so not too sure what the best settings would be.

Since this is a can of worms and I don't want to have a huge argument start as tends to happen on this subject, I recommend this Sweetwater article: https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/shoul ... ple-rates/
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements