iRig Acoustic - acoustic guitar microphone/interface

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

iRig Acoustic - acoustic guitar microphone/interface

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:58 pm

Introducing iRig Acoustic - the first acoustic guitar mobile microphone/interface

Perform and record with the portable acoustic guitar interface that rivals professional-grade studio mic setups

Today we'd like you to meet a brand new member of the iRig® family. It’s called iRig® Acoustic, and it's the first mobile interface that's been designed to capture the depth and richness of acoustic guitars.

Next generation recording

iRig Acoustic features advanced miniature microphone technology. This new technology allows it to capture audio with a level of quality and detail that easily beats piezo and magnetic pickups. In fact, it's so good that iRig Acoustic even rivals professional-grade studio microphone setups — and it's way more portable.

Portable sound with no compromises

iRig Acoustic is small enough to slip into your pocket and can be quickly clipped (and unclipped) to the sound hole of any guitar or ukulele.

And, because of its unique design, it's able to deliver its superb sound no matter whether you're jamming in a chair or walking around on stage. It's all analog, which means that you can use it with your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or Android device thanks to its 1/8" TRRS cable. Its female stereo output jack is perfect for headphone jamming and monitoring, and it's also great for performing on stage at open mics and other gigs.

AmpliTube goes acoustic

Along with iRig Acoustic, we'd also like you to meet AmpliTube® Acoustic, its powerful companion app (free version available now, full version coming soon). It's the first mobile tone studio designed specifically to meet the needs of acoustic guitar players. They pair perfectly to deliver stunning plug-and-play sound — AmpliTube Acoustic's adjust feature calibrates and optimizes iRig Acoustic, effectively capturing and reproducing the true sonic character of the guitar being played.

Get creative

And, like other AmpliTube products, AmpliTube Acoustic lets you take control of your tone in entirely new and creative ways thanks to its spread of acoustic-specific amplifiers, stompboxes and other gear. You can also expand AmpliTube Acoustic with classic AmpliTube features like Loop Drummer, UltraTuner, an 8-track recorder and more.

With iRig Acoustic and AmpliTube Acoustic, you can finally enjoy professional-grade acoustic guitar processing and recording anytime and everywhere.

Pricing and availability

iRig Acoustic is available from the IK online store and select music instrument retailers for just $/€49.99*. A free, expandable version of AmpliTube Acoustic can be downloaded from the App Store now. The full version is [urlhttp://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/acousticios/]coming soon[/url], and will be available for just $/€9.99. Additional amp models, effects and features are available via in-app purchase.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: iRig Acoustic - acoustic guitar microphone/interface

Postby songsforbhagavad » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:14 pm

Hello Peter,

Do you know if this product and the software will have a desktop version ?

Best regards,
Mathias
songsforbhagavad

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:16 pm

songsforbhagavad wrote:Hello Peter,

Do you know if this product and the software will have a desktop version ?

Best regards,
Mathias

There is no news of a specific AmpliTube Acoustic for the desktop at this time.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby northsongs » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:23 pm

I'm with Mathias. Desktop version please...
northsongs

Postby tmsky69 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:15 pm

I was really excited to try this. I am deeply sadden that I have to have ios 8 or higher.
I guess I miss out on this one. I have an older i-pad mini running iOS 7 and really don't want to upgrade the iOS and give up optimum performance and reliability.
tmsky69

Postby scottshooter90 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:20 pm

When connecting with the line-out, does it have to be plugged into a mobile device or can it go straight from microphone to mixer without any other hardware? I'm interested to find out if I would be able to go straight into my pedalboard with this mic but I don't want to have to rely on connecting my phone. Thanks.
scottshooter90

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:14 pm

scottshooter90 wrote:When connecting with the line-out, does it have to be plugged into a mobile device or can it go straight from microphone to mixer without any other hardware? I'm interested to find out if I would be able to go straight into my pedalboard with this mic but I don't want to have to rely on connecting my phone. Thanks.

iRig Acoustic is meant to be used with a mobile device or Mac computer. It uses a TRRS connection made to plug into the combination input/output jack on those devices and is used as an audio interface/microphone for apps running on them.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rudy-k » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:02 pm

This would be good for the guy playing live.....but how bout those of us wanting a better acoustic sound in the home studio ??? I gather its only Mac-iPad too....no Windows versions....which makes it useless to probably 75% of us out here with home studios. Also.....I dont see any Effects bundled in, like Delay, Reverb ect ect. I would love to have an ALL IN ONE ACOUSTIC SYSTEM......that was Desktop and Mobil, but this doesnt quite fit the bill. Great idea though....I will consider it when there are EFX built in.
rudy-k

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:16 pm

rudy-k wrote:This would be good for the guy playing live.....but how bout those of us wanting a better acoustic sound in the home studio ??? I gather its only Mac-iPad too....no Windows versions....which makes it useless to probably 75% of us out here with home studios. Also.....I dont see any Effects bundled in, like Delay, Reverb ect ect. I would love to have an ALL IN ONE ACOUSTIC SYSTEM......that was Desktop and Mobil, but this doesnt quite fit the bill. Great idea though....I will consider it when there are EFX built in.

Windows PCs don't typically have the combined input/output jack that mobile devices and Macs have, so iRig Acoustic will not work for Windows PCs. For FX, please follow the AmpliTube Acoustic link in the original post for full information about the built-in FX:
Each amp model also brings a built-in set of acoustic specific effects — Solid State 1 features a selectable delay, flanger, spring reverb and chorus with level and adjustment controls, plus a 4-band graphic EQ.

Solid State 2 and the Tube amp models serve up a lush reverb effect with selectable types of reverb, plus a second effect selection with 2 delays, a chorus and flanger.

Both feature level and time adjustments.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby floydian83 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:55 pm

Hello Peter
Is it planned that there will come an Android version too? If not, I have to rely on my studio mates with "iPads etc." (as I'm an "only-Android-user").
Thank you for your reply.

Cheers from Switzerland,
Nick
floydian83

Postby rudy-k » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:22 pm

FX:
Each amp model also brings a built-in set of acoustic specific effects — Solid State 1 features a selectable delay, flanger, spring reverb and chorus with level and adjustment controls, plus a 4-band graphic EQ.
Solid State 2 and the Tube amp models serve up a lush reverb effect with selectable types of reverb, plus a second effect selection with 2 delays, a chorus and flanger.
Both feature level and time adjustments.
[/quote]

thanks for the heads up.....like i said in my original post......its a great idea....but again i don't have an iPad or Pod....i have a Home Studio with a PC and a Motu Interface and lots of inputs...I presently use Amplitube a lot, probably 90% of the time for my Electric stuff...i have Marshalls, Suhr and Mesa Amps....but you cant beat Amplitube for its ease....and the fact that you don't wake up the neighborhood at 1am....having an Acoustic counter part would be awesome....i would pop for it in a heartbeat if it was like Amplitube ...PC compatible....not having to jack with Reverbs and Delays ...along with Acoustic Amp Sims and Compressors would be the Cats Ass.... :-)
rudy-k

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:54 pm

Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Pdehaan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:08 pm

northsongs wrote:I'm with Mathias. Desktop version please...

+1
Pdehaan

Postby hof1271 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:43 pm

yep..a PC version would be fab..
hof1271

Postby shepherdgary » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:16 pm

When is Amplitube Acoustic going to be available for Android phones?

I find it strange that I have to use Amplitube LE on my Samsung G6 with ALL the FX's and the Amp TURNED OFF to get a normal acoustic sound for recording. I feel a bit conned that it wasn't made clear that:

a) Amplitube Acoustic was only available for iPhone or iPad.
b) Android users cannot get a decent sound unless all the fx and amps are turned off.

While I am now getting reasonable results using the Headphone out to feed a line in to my Line 6 UX2 interface to my iMac computer, and using Pod Farm 2 to monitor and record into my DAW, I would prefer not to have to use a mobile phone especially as I have no phone app like the one for iPhones. However there does not seem a way to get the microphone working unless it's plugged in to the Samsung phone.

Is there a way to dispense with the phone altogether and feed the signal direct to an audio interface?

Are we Android users going to get the same software as the iPhone sometime soon?
shepherdgary

Next

Return to News and Announcements