Announcing the new iRig Keys USB range for Mac and PC

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: Announcing the new iRig Keys USB range for Mac and PC

Postby sawbot » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:53 am

I

What kind of Android smartphone do you have? Some older models don't even support OTG USB (they can't be an USB host so you can't connect devices like keyboards or external drives), and you need a phone with Android 5.0 or better, or a Samsung Professional Audio device.

thanks for asking I have the samsung 6 edge. I now finally am using the controller on my pc. I downloaded SampleTank 3 SE but this again i don't get what is the benefit of this? it looks like its just a "store program" asking me to spend even more money? now that i know Igrand is the app for once I spend money on a new cable. what programs in the IRigs keys Pro 37 usb users Area is actually useful? I mean I am sure it's just me not understanding, Yet even so I don't understand why what looks like older versions are listed here? if a update is made why keep the old update listed?

I am now going to try and see if SampleTank FREE works for me even though it looks to be almost 3 months behind. *Edit tried to use it and ended up with this Error (509) the product is not supported by Authorization Manager.
sawbot

Postby Pengfei » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:16 am

sawbot wrote:I
thanks for asking I have the samsung 6 edge. I now finally am using the controller on my pc. I downloaded SampleTank 3 SE but this again i don't get what is the benefit of this? it looks like its just a "store program" asking me to spend even more money? now that i know Igrand is the app for once I spend money on a new cable. what programs in the IRigs keys Pro 37 usb users Area is actually useful? I mean I am sure it's just me not understanding, Yet even so I don't understand why what looks like older versions are listed here? if a update is made why keep the old update listed?

I'm not a sampletank user but I think that the SE version is like the free version with more instruments already included, you can purchase more, but there should be already at least one piano available so you can get started
Pengfei

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:00 pm

SampleTank 3 SE is a version of SampleTank 3 that has a lot of content, just not as much as the full SampleTank 3. Full details can be found at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/sampletank3se
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby chicagobears316 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:14 am

considering picking one of these up. Noted that it is bundled with some software. I already have ST3 SE and am more interested in piano/drum plugins than the techno stuff. Just verifying that those are not part of the included series (don't see them on the linked pages, but also don't see them as part of any series and wasn't sure if they came out after and would be included). correct?

And I thought I had asked this before, but couldn't find it.... for the IRig keys pro vs the iRig keys pro USB, is the only major difference color and connectivity (comes with android OTG vs not having it), or is there something else?
chicagobears316

Postby davidjohnson789 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:58 am

It is good to know about iRig Keys USB range for Mac and PC. And this information you given is new to me.So that thank you so much for your post
davidjohnson789

Postby millahjovich » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:24 am

Great, thanks.
millahjovich

Postby carlosmroxas » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:11 am

Hello everyone,

I just bought my iRigKeysPRO and as I try to use it with my iMac through GarageBand and SampleTank...I failed. I'm noob and needs your help as the iRig is not powering up. I'ts working on my iphone though. thank you in advance!
carlosmroxas

Postby sallybode » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:05 am

I got the iRig Keys 37 Pro USB and am very pleased with it. I decided to try just getting the 30-pin Camera Connection first and try it with my older Kawai KSP 10 digital piano which I hooked up to my Mac with a M-Audio MIDI-SPORT UNO adapter from the MIDI 5-pin in and out to USB. The Apple Camera Connection kit worked. We will be getting our motor home back soon from the shop and get to use it soon.

I sure can't take a full piano on the road. The iRig Keys 37 Pro is great. I rather prefer black to all white which going camping. There will still be some bugs in the motor home and my husband also plays piano so the less white is probably better.

As far as sound and how it communicates with my Mac Pro and my iPad 2, I am very happy. It is addictive.

But had to try it with some programs on my PC laptop which I got for business and it works with some programs, not so much with others. It depends because the more bells and whistles a program has, the worse it works. I tried updating the driver and had to have HP roll it back, it made all MIDI almost unusable.

It fried the Cakewalk sampled sounds but I really didn't get Cakewalk Music Creator 7 for that, I am not into rock and roll. I have older recordings I did when I was using Windows XP and now I can open them, I think. Who knows.

Mac it much better even for my Kawai piano. All the headaches with Cakewalk absolutely takes the fun out of music then.

The sound card in my laptop isn't meant for MIDI, that is for sure, but I can't afford the down time to figure it out right now.

One disappointment, I downloaded CubasisLE as it says it works with iRig Keys Pro, but turns out that it isn't working with mine. Who would think the color of the housing would make a difference? Or is it the iPad2? I have GarageBand and iPiano working well.
sallybode

Postby sallybode » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:47 pm

I watched a lot of YouTube videos before selecting the iRig Keys 37 Pro USB, as I also have an older MIDI keyboard with the 5-Pin MIDI in, out, and thru ports. So I got the Apple 30-Pin Camera Connection as I also have an iPad 2 which takes the 30-Pin connector. It worked with my older digital GM piano via an older converer wire from 5-Pin MIDI to USB by M-Audio MIDISport UNO which I have had for years.

Decided I had to have the iRig Keys 37 Pro USB. I had all the other wires, and as I have an iPhone SE, I also bought the lightning to USB female from Apple for my phone. We will be retiring and going on the road with our motorhome. I have severe Tinnitus and playing music is therapy. It helps me keep sane with the horrible ringing in my ears.

I had been hearing that the proprietary connectors have been being disabled with updates to the iOS as Apple/Mac wants people using their connectors. I really like iRig products and am very impressed as this it my first iRig purchase. Is iRig exempt from the disabling of interfaces for iPhone and iPad by Apple? I truly hope so, you have some of the coolest stuff EVER!

I love your iGrand app and will upgrade to the full product soon. Then the iElectric. I have a new addiction for sure.

I have a question, however, why isn't the iRig Keys 37 Pro USB on the list of approved connections for CubasisLE? If you have the right connections, which I have, what then does the iRig Pro Keys do that mine doesn't? It isn't like Cubasis is that expensive to buy for me but I use it for ear therapy, for practice for piano. If you could work it out with Steinway, would be nice for the customers of iRig Pro 37 Keys USB. We love recording too.

I did get my keyboard/controller on a Labor Day Sale from GuitarCenter for $79.00. But I have spent $30.00 each on two Apple Connection kits: one 30-Pin for the iPad 2, the other for lightning connection for my cell phone. Total spent is $139.00 but $60.00 was Apple products due to the interface suggestions on YouTube. Have to say that I bought a car charger with my iPhone SE (like iPhone 5 but in the "6" category), which worked until one of the Apple iOS updates. Complained to my cellular provider that I was not made aware that the charger was not an Apple product, needless to say, it is in the garbage now.

I would really hope that iRig is exempt from the iOS update disabling which has made so many aftermarket products garbage as you make some truly cool stuff which enhances and expands upon what iOS can do.

Absolutely love your product. But in that it is supposed to work with PCs, not so much. I have a newer laptop, bought in June, and HP Spectre x360 with the 15.6" screen. I have 16GB Ram and latency in Cakewalk Music Maker which makes it unusable for me. Not to worry, it has shown me that what I need to focus on is music on my Mac Pro and on my iPad. Latency is not resolvable for me with Windows 10. I got new drivers for my soundcard downloaded from HP and it made MIDI on my Windows 10 laptop unusable adding onto the latency I already had. I got HP to help me roll back the driver so that I could use MIDI on somethings such as I have Finale Print Music and a couple free programs. They work once more but Cakewalk Music Creator 7 cool sampled sounds are now all trash and latency is still an issue with them. It is better using Mac/Apple or the iOS with iPad or even iPhone.

With Ebay selling used iPads for so cheap, it isn't a lot for Windows users to find that their music issues are solved if they just get an iPad. Who needs the headache when with a laptop, you are more limited, you cannot swap out the soundcard, now can you?
sallybode

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:19 pm

Regardless of the adapters used to connect to your iOS device, the version of iRig KEYS that you have is a Mac/PC version so it would not unlock features in the iOS app Cubasis.

With regard to PC performance, any latency or sound quality issues you are experience would be related to the software used as iRig Keys is merely a MIDI controller sending MIDI data and works very well on Windows PCs (and Macs).
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby paulwah » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:16 pm

I've just got myself a iRig Keys 25 and it's supposed to come with SampleTank SE, The Grid plus 5 other free collections from Beats and Elektronika series. I've already downloaded SampleTank SE and The Grid from the user area but I don't see any Beats and Elektronika series in there.

May I know where do I go to select and download the rest of the 5 free collections from Beats and Elektronika series? Btw, in the drop-down menu in Custom Shop, only The Grid is available for download FOC.
paulwah

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:10 pm

paulwah wrote:I've just got myself a iRig Keys 25 and it's supposed to come with SampleTank SE, The Grid plus 5 other free collections from Beats and Elektronika series. I've already downloaded SampleTank SE and The Grid from the user area but I don't see any Beats and Elektronika series in there.

May I know where do I go to select and download the rest of the 5 free collections from Beats and Elektronika series? Btw, in the drop-down menu in Custom Shop, only The Grid is available for download FOC.

You should see your choices for the five free collections under "Promotions" in your IK User Area.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby paulwah » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:11 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
paulwah wrote:I've just got myself a iRig Keys 25 and it's supposed to come with SampleTank SE, The Grid plus 5 other free collections from Beats and Elektronika series. I've already downloaded SampleTank SE and The Grid from the user area but I don't see any Beats and Elektronika series in there.

You should see your choices for the five free collections under "Promotions" in your IK User Area.

Ah! Thanks! Actually, I saw that web page earlier on but there's no indication that these are the free downloads that I'm looking for. It just says, "iRig Keys Range". Maybe it's just me!

Anyway, thanks again!
paulwah

Postby ricardofranco0 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:52 pm

It doesnt works on Sierra Macosx you need to do all manually and stay with problem.
I only use it on GarageBand or MainStage from Mac App. And I cant update firmware give error. And the Paks contents dont work too. IK must do and Update. Im in love with the size of this future small and smart midi device.
ricardofranco0

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:16 am

ricardofranco0 wrote:It doesnt works on Sierra Macosx you need to do all manually and stay with problem.
I only use it on GarageBand or MainStage from Mac App. And I cant update firmware give error. And the Paks contents dont work too. IK must do and Update. Im in love with the size of this future small and smart midi device.

Please report these issues to IK Support and they will assist you directly. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements