Announcing the new iRig Keys USB range for Mac and PC

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:10 pm

The new ultra-affordable USB MIDI keyboard controllers for Mac and PC

A new range of affordable USB MIDI controllers for Mac and PC are now available! The full line spans three different sizes and layouts that are each ideal for the musician on the go: iRig® Keys 25 with 25 mini-keys for $/€59.99, iRig® Keys 37 with 37 mini-keys for $/€79.99 and iRig ® Keys 37 PRO comes with 37 full-sized keys for $/€99.99. No matter which one you choose, you'll enjoy expressive features and plug-and-play compatibility with all your favorite Mac and PC music creation software. And you can do it without breaking the bank as each of these controllers sports a low price that everyone can afford.

Portable performance

iRig Keys USB MIDI keyboards give you all the musicality, expressiveness and control that's made the iRig Keys range such a favorite among keyboard players all over the world. iRig Keys 37 and iRig Keys 37 PRO feature a stunning 3 octave range (plus 1 note), which is the largest available among mobile keyboards of this size. They also offer pitch and modulaton wheels, an optional input for a sustain or expression pedal, 5 soft-touch backlit buttons and the ability to save/store up to 4 different hardware configurations. iRig Keys 25 slims things down to a steamlined 25 keys for the utmost in portable playability. All three feature velocity sensitivity, octave up/down buttons, plug-and-play compatibility and plenty of other advanced features. And for true portability, all three are powered via USB — no batteries or power cords required!

Plug-and-play out of the box

For immediate playing, all three keyboard controllers come bundled with SampleTank 3 SE, a special version of the ultimate sound and groove workstation for Mac/PC. It features an expandable 6.5GB sample library with instruments in categories that cover everything from acoustic to electronic and beyond. And, when you register your iRig Keys, you'll also get a spread of free instrument collections. These collections ins/st3beats/]The Grid[/url], a collection of cutting-edge electronic construction kits and drum kits plus 5 instrument collections of your choosing from IK’s electronically focused Beats and Elektronika series. All in all, it’s a total of $/€340 worth of software products.

Pricing and Availability

iRig Keys 25 is available for $/€59.99*, iRig Keys 37 for $/€79.99*, and iRig Keys 37 PRO for $/€99.99* from music and electronics retailers worldwide and from the IK Web Store.

In the United States, the iRig Keys USB line is available exclusively from Guitar Center®, Inc., Musician’s Friend® and the IK Web Store.

* All prices excluding taxes

More Resources:
Read the full press release
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Announcing the new iRig Keys USB range for Mac and PC

Postby onerob » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:31 pm

I have some sales questions.

Does this line replace the iRig Keys Mini & Pro keyboards that feature connectivity to iOS devices as well as Mac/PC?

When can availability be expected in the UK?

Will this new line of iRig keys be available in the UK through Amazon.co.uk?
onerob

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:25 pm

onerob wrote:I have some sales questions.

Does this line replace the iRig Keys Mini & Pro keyboards that feature connectivity to iOS devices as well as Mac/PC?

When can availability be expected in the UK?

Will this new line of iRig keys be available in the UK through Amazon.co.uk?

1. No, the new keys don’t replace the existing range.
  2. UK dealers started receiving their stock this week. If you need one right now, these dealers should now have stock: https://www.musicmatter.co.uk http://www.juno.co.uk
  3. Amazon will start selling them in due course, I don't have a specific date.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby onerob » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:09 pm

Great, thanks.
onerob

Postby henrywillian171 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:32 pm

Thats awesome 8-) :mrgreen:
henrywillian171

Postby sawbot » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:57 pm

Having just gotten this, really not having the best luck or time. True I am completely clueless at the moment. Yet it says it's android compatible. Well first I find out it does not come with a correct cable to Attach to a android phone. Now after being told that's because you have to spend more money.

The program it comes with or that I can download in the User area are not Android compatible. Now having to try and find out which App or program will work for making this a "keyboard that will make sound like a keyboard or closest thing to a piano"

Not finding the correct program, or if I am it's asking me to spend even more money? Sorry if posted in the wrong place. Just very frustrating that i cant get it to turn on and make noise.
sawbot

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:16 pm

sawbot wrote:Having just gotten this, really not having the best luck or time. True I am completely clueless at the moment. Yet it says it's android compatible. Well first I find out it does not come with a correct cable to Attach to a android phone. Now after being told that's because you have to spend more money.

The program it comes with or that I can download in the User area are not Android compatible. Now having to try and find out which App or program will work for making this a "keyboard that will make sound like a keyboard or closest thing to a piano"

Not finding the correct program, or if I am it's asking me to spend even more money? Sorry if posted in the wrong place. Just very frustrating that i cant get it to turn on and make noise.

This post (and the news it links to) only says Mac/PC, as well as the product pages linked from the news stating Mac/PC with the note about Android that states:
Compatible with Android (requires optional USB-OTG adapter)

Sorry if that was unclear. These are MIDI controllers, they don't provide any audio output. As far as apps that do provide audio output and can be controlled with the iRig Keys USB units, the Mac/PC apps included should provide many quality sounds for you. For Android, you may want to look at iGrand Piano http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/igrandandroid/ or iLectric Piano http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ilectricandroid/
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby onerob » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:33 pm

sawbot wrote:Having just gotten this, really not having the best luck or time. True I am completely clueless at the moment. Yet it says it's android compatible. Well first I find out it does not come with a correct cable to Attach to a android phone. Now after being told that's because you have to spend more money.

This is the iOS/Android keyboard (also does PC/Mac). It's not the same model that this thread was originally relating to.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigkeys/
onerob

Postby Pengfei » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:09 am

Hi, I'm a bit unsure about the differences between the Keys 37 pro and the Keys Pro, I'll use mine mostly on PC but I'd like to use it on Android too sometimes, so if I get the Keys 37 Pro and use my own USB OTG cable it will be like a Keys Pro or there are other differences, like power usage, or lack of the USB port to provide external powering? (the Keys Pro should have that port, it's not specified if the 37 Pro has got one)
Thanks
Pengfei

Postby sawbot » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:32 am

Pengfei wrote:Hi, I'm a bit unsure about the differences between the Keys 37 pro and the Keys Pro, I'll use mine mostly on PC but I'd like to use it on Android too sometimes, so if I get the Keys 37 Pro and use my own USB OTG cable it will be like a Keys Pro or there are other differences, like power usage, or lack of the USB port to provide external powering? (the Keys Pro should have that port, it's not specified if the 37 Pro has got one)
Thanks

Thanks for asking this question, and your post.
Thank you to those that have offered me help too.
I am still unsure if I will keep my Keys pro 37 usb.
sawbot

Postby onerob » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:59 pm

It's confusing because third party sellers sell versions of iRig Keys for the same price as the 37, but these don't include the iOS Lightning cable. I'm guessing what IKM wants is for the 37 to be the cheaper Mac/PC only option and the original iRig Keys to be more expensive but give you all the connection options and software you need for iOS/Android as well as Mac/PC.
onerob

Postby sawbot » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:36 pm

onerob wrote:It's confusing because third party sellers sell versions of iRig Keys for the same price as the 37, but these don't include the iOS Lightning cable. I'm guessing what IKM wants is for the 37 to be the cheaper Mac/PC only option and the original iRig Keys to be more expensive but give you all the connection options and software you need for iOS/Android as well as Mac/PC.

That's the way it seems, when I saw that it just looked as if I was just getting it for a lower price. Never thought there would be a Difference between the

IK Multimedia iRig Keys Pro full-sized 37-key MIDI controller for iPhone, iPad and Mac/PC

And the
IK Multimedia iRig Keys 37 USB PRO
That I ended up with. I just figured it was just a seller with a different title.

Now I just wondering if I go for the IK Multimedia iRig Keys Pro do I have to pay more again to use the app that should work for this.
sawbot

Postby Pengfei » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:00 am

sawbot wrote:That's the way it seems, when I saw that it just looked as if I was just getting it for a lower price. Never thought there would be a Difference between the

IK Multimedia iRig Keys Pro full-sized 37-key MIDI controller for iPhone, iPad and Mac/PC

And the
IK Multimedia iRig Keys 37 USB PRO
That I ended up with. I just figured it was just a seller with a different title.

Now I just wondering if I go for the IK Multimedia iRig Keys Pro do I have to pay more again to use the app that should work for this.

I don't understand what's the problem, the IK Multimedia website claims that the Keys Pro, on Android, comes with just the free version of iGrand Piano and iLectric Piano, you can download them for free from Google Play Store, you don't even need the keyboard to try them out, all you need is that OTG to micro-USB cable
Pengfei

Postby sawbot » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:15 am

I don't understand what's the problem, the IK Multimedia website claims that the Keys Pro, on Android, comes with just the free version of iGrand Piano and iLectric Piano, you can download them for free from Google Play Store, you don't even need the keyboard to try them out, all you need is that OTG to micro-USB cable.

That's Great. I bought mine off amazon so I did not know this. I am going to try again tonight but I could not get my IK Multimedia iRig Keys 37 USB PRO to work with the free program. Yes i see now that the free app works without the controller. My problem is it's not yet working with my controller. Which to me is the main reason I bought the controller.
sawbot

Postby Pengfei » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:33 am

sawbot wrote:That's Great. I bought mine off amazon so I did not know this. I am going to try again tonight but I could not get my IK Multimedia iRig Keys 37 USB PRO to work with the free program. Yes i see now that the free app works without the controller. My problem is it's not yet working with my controller. Which to me is the main reason I bought the controller.

What kind of Android smartphone do you have? Some older models don't even support OTG USB (they can't be an USB host so you can't connect devices like keyboards or external drives), and you need a phone with Android 5.0 or better, or a Samsung Professional Audio device
Pengfei

Next

Return to News and Announcements