IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price

Postby chipmason » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:52 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
chipmason wrote:Do you see how it says in bold print?

Yes, because it is part of and listed on the group buy page... TASCAM isn't in the group buy in any way, shape, or form so it wouldn't be on the page at all thus would not need that text anywhere. It is simply not in the group buy. The collection is not. The individual processors are not.

Also as you can see in the online store other products that are 100% not in the group buy: not only TASCAM but The Resonator and two of the X-GEAR hardware pedals are not in the group buy thus they don't have any reference to the group buy on their listing:

While there are 100+ items in this group buy we'd be littering the store with unnecessary text if we added a line for everything that was not in the group buy.

I took that screenshot from under Products > Software > All Software. I was going there to look up things I didn't know in the little dropdown menu on the Redeem section and cross referencing what I already have in my products and Custom shop.

But, in the end it doesn't really matter anyway. Bold print, fine print, no print. If you guys say GB cannot be gifted and TASCAM is too new to be part of this deal then so be it. Cheers, and thanks for explaining. I appreciate you responding to my questions so quickly.
chipmason

Postby huli50 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:35 pm

eric.winesett wrote:Maybe I'm a dupe, but I feel like getting over $5,000 in software for my investment of less than $180 is a pretty sweet deal. I can't imagine feeling disappointed that I'm not also getting free hardware or newly-released software. I could be wrong, but I suspect IK thinks it wouldn't be a great business decision to give away 25,000+ copies of a product that they haven't yet made a dime of revenue from.

This...exactly, except for the 'dupe' part.

chipmason wrote:All I'm saying is if I buy something and the deal is to "GET" 24 things free, then why can't I do what I want with it once I GET it? Like buy gift options and gift some of the duplicates I have.

Maybe you can consider the '24 things' you get as non-transferrable free software that you can do what you want with. This has been pretty explicit in the rules of the GB from the beginning. I could imagine if IK did permit transferring of the free software that it would open the door to a lot of folks participating with the intent to resell the licenses.
huli50

Postby Bethany » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:36 pm

huli50 wrote:I could imagine if IK did permit transferring of the free software that it would open the door to a lot of folks participating with the intent to resell the licenses.

Rem acu tetigisti.
Bethany

Postby DarkStar » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:44 pm

^^^
Indeed :) (Yes, I had to Google Translate it first.)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby GlebeGreg150 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:02 am

Hi.

I just have to comment about my experience since I joined this group buy (now a very happy double-dipper).

I don't have the recording know-how of others in this forum and I don't know if I would have ever bought each of the products as I fumbled amateurly in search of a better sound or mix. But I do want to say thank you to IK for this magnificent group buy. Just on T-Tracks 5 alone, I have lost count of the number of times I have loaded up a module and said "That's it! That's how I make it sound like the mix that has been in my head for so many years". For me, Master Match on it's own was worth the money, and the iRig Acoustic Stage has given me a go-to acoustic tone that I'm loving.

So as corny as it may sound - thanks to Peter and all at IK. You are genuinely helping me achieve a lifetime's ambition.

Greg
GlebeGreg150

Postby Fen1xSyd » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:38 am

GlebeGreg150 wrote:Hi.

I just have to comment about my experience since I joined this group buy (now a very happy double-dipper).

So as corny as it may sound - thanks to Peter and all at IK. You are genuinely helping me achieve a lifetime's ambition.
Greg

I'm in a similar position to you, I've dabbled in recording/mixing forever, but mainly in the context of just jotting ideas down to take to band practice or preproduction before we took our stuff to a recording studio. I never chased quality, just wanted the basics down.

I've dived 2 feet in over the last 3-6 months and the breadth of plugins and instruments from IK as part of this promo has me covered on so many fronts. I double dipped on the GB and I'll end up with basically all of TRacks5 / MixBox / Amplitube5 (plus extra modules) / Modo Drum / Modo Bass / Arc3 / SampleTank4 (plus extra modules) / Miroslav Philharmonik / Syntronik / Hammond B3X / Sampletron2 / Lurssen Mixing Console etc etc, the list goes on.

I'm using Arc3, TRacks across the whole session, Lurssen on the master bus, Amplitube for my bass DI (I have a fractal FM3 for guitar so Im not using Amplitube for guitars).

I have a few other plugins like Fabfilter proq-3 and some other ones but 80-90% of my session is covered from the GroupBuy, to say the value has been amazing is an understatement! I'm only just starting to dive deeper into SampleTank and the instrument side of things and that's a whole other world of possibilities.

So yeah I see the complaints and stuff on here about not being able to transfer things or Tascam not being available... man, just be realistic... show me a better purchase and dont look a gifthorse in the mouth lol. If you had a ton of IK stuff and picked up even 4 or 5 for the price of 1 then its still an amazing deal. And if you didnt think it was worth it then why buy in and then complain on forums, makes no sense. Anyway apologies for the long post, just sharing my mileage on everything. So yep, very happy customer here 8-)

Side Note: Arc3 - Absolute game changer. I had a USB calibration mic already and I set this up. I run Arc3 all the time on my machine and when I turn it off my speakers which I used to think sounded awesome sound like complete garbage. They are significantly clearer and my mixes have translated better since using it.
Fen1xSyd

Postby stewyd1978 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:42 am

Hi,

Quick one - I qualify for the €199.99 free items and would like Amplitube 5 (which is worth 199.99. The only items I get the option to choose are Amplitube 5 SE (worth 149.99) and Amplitube 5 Upgrade. The SE version is obviously not the one I need to choose, so I presume I need to choose the Amplitube 5 Upgrade one to give me the full 199.99 Amplitube 5 product, but it not very clear. Can someone confirm please?

Many thanks,

Stew
stewyd1978

Postby Steel_Ol » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:23 am

Right, you Upgrade from Amplitube 5 CS to Amplitube 5.
Steel_Ol

Postby DarkStar » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:30 pm

Steel_Ol wrote:Right, you Upgrade from Amplitube 5 CS to Amplitube 5.

Not quite, AT5 CS does not qualify you for the Upgrade to AT5. You must have some other product (with a list price of $/€ 99 or more) that qualifies you.

In any case, as Steel_Ol said the AT5 Upgrade is the one you want. It is the AT5 product, but at an Upgrade / Crossgrade price.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby dave_clark » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:45 pm

Hi all,

I have a suggestion for those who wish to give away free software to their friends:

Write a piece of software yourself, test it to make sure that it works at least at some level, then give that away. This is what I do.

Regards,
Dave Clark
dave_clark

Postby DarkStar » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:10 pm

Or, give him/her $300 and tell them to sign up for the GB to get several several thousand $ worth of products. :)
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby MrFigg » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:11 pm

Just about to use a €199 purchase to get a free €5 AmpliTube mic model. Hahahaha. Love it. :)
MrFigg

Postby notaneasygame » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:24 pm

MrFigg wrote:Just about to use a €199 purchase to get a free €5 AmpliTube mic model. Hahahaha. Love it. :)

The irony, I won't be heading down that low down the list. I'm going to buy a few items twice in the event I use a windows tablet and my pc at the same time, but I'm holding out to the end now to see if there are any golden nuggets thrown in at the end.

It was an awesome turn to add in these extras from IK, nice touch.
notaneasygame

Postby Jason68 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:08 pm

notaneasygame wrote:It was an awesome turn to add in these extras from IK, nice touch.

Oh yeah, absolutely. I think I'm just about all maxed out on Amplitube now :mrgreen:
Jason68

Postby zedd » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:00 pm

notaneasygame wrote:The irony, I won't be heading down that low down the list. I'm going to buy a few items twice in the event I use a windows tablet and my pc at the same time, but I'm holding out to the end now to see if there are any golden nuggets thrown in at the end.

Choosing the same items twice!?!!?

You have multiple authorizations for each item in case you need to use it on more than one device or you get a new computer. You don't need to choose/buy/select the same items twice, unless you just want to rob yourself of GB bonuses.
Non-MODO Drum compliant MacPro, 32GB RAM, OSX El Capitan (soon to be Sierra), Digital Performer 8, SampleTank 2XL (using 32Lives), SampleTank 3 & 4, Amplitube 5, T-Racks 5 Deluxe, and more...
zedd

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements