Announcing UNO Synth Pro

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Announcing UNO Synth Pro

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:05 pm

Next generation analog for everyone

IK Multimedia announces UNO Synth Pro and UNO Synth Pro Desktop

New paraphonic dual-filter analog synthesizers elevate the UNO line to new levels of sound design, flexibility and connectivity

January 13, 2021 - IK Multimedia announces UNO Synth Pro and UNO Synth Pro Desktop. Developed in collaboration with Italian boutique synth-maker Soundmachines, both these new analog synthesizers take the groundbreaking UNO Synth monophonic synth and expand it in nearly every section: more oscillators, more filters, more sequencer memory, more effects, more presets, more connections and more programmability. UNO Synth Pro puts this amazing new sound engine in a rugged metal chassis with a 37-key synth-action Fatar keybed, while UNO Synth Pro Desktop provides a more portable form factor to travel anywhere.

The UNO Synth Pro's unique dual-filter, 3-oscillator paraphonic design lets it create nearly any synth sound imaginable, and with 256 presets, a new 64-step sequencer and expanded CV/Gate and audio connections, users will quickly find it's the ideal creation station for any outboard rig.

Huge, real analog sound
Three analog oscillators offer continuously variable waveshape, including pulse-width modulation. Oscillators can be hard-synced for more harmonically-complex tones, and oscillator FM (frequency modulation) lets users shape everything from bell-like sounds to screaming industrial tones. UNO Synth Pro even includes ring modulation for wobbly, sci-fi sound, and a white noise generator for a wide range of percussive sounds and epic rises.

Dual-filter design with 24 available modes
In addition to the original UNO Synth's 2-pole OTA multimode filter, UNO Synth Pro adds a new SSI 2/4-pole LP filter with self-oscillation. The dual filters can be used in series or parallel, with invertible phase, for a total of 24 possible filter modes. This unique design offers nearly limitless tonal possibilities, from recreating classic vintage sounds or forging completely new, experimental sounds.

Massive sonic flexibility
UNO Synth Pro offers two full ADSR envelopes, one dedicated to the filter and the other to AmpliTube, with both available as sources to modulate everything from oscillator pitch and waveshape to LFO speed or even other envelope stages. Two LFOs (low-frequency oscillators) can create classic synth vibrato, wah and tremolo as well as do more complex modulations including audio range FM.

A 16-slot modulation matrix makes routing all these a breeze. Users can quickly and easily design even the most sophisticated modulation scheme, with both internal and external sources, including MIDI controllers.

Deep onboard effects
UNO Synth Pro offers four effect blocks: an analog overdrive circuit from the original UNO Synth, plus three new, custom-designed digital effects: modulation, delay and reverb. External signals can also be routed through these effects, with pre-effects filtering for added flexibility.

Improved playability
UNO Synth Pro offers a premium 37-key synth-action keybed made in Italy by Fatar, while UNO Synth Pro Desktop provides an enhanced version of the original's long-lasting capacitance-sensing keys along with pitch and mod strips for enhanced expression. Both units add firm-touch rubber pads for the control sections, plus LED-backlit indicators and an LED display for key information, making it easier than ever to use live on stage or in deep programming sessions in the studio.

Powerful presets, sequencer and arpeggiator
UNO Synth Pro offers 256 user-editable presets, each capturing the full state of the sound engine from oscillators to effects. An onboard 64-step sequencer offers both step and real-time recording, with automation of over 80 parameters, letting users create incredibly intricate and evolving soundscapes, and even write CV and gate automation.

And a 10-mode arpeggiator makes it easy to create intricate patterns and runs, while a new "chord mode" takes advantage of UNO Synth Pro's paraphonic design, opening the door to triads and chord work.

Advanced connectivity
UNO Synth Pro offers two noiseless, balanced stereo outputs as well as headphone out, for superior audio quality in any situation. USB and 5-pin DIN MIDI In and Out make it easy to integrate with other synths, Mac/PC and mobile devices, and its assignable CV/Gate connections lets UNO Synth Pro interact effortlessly with a Eurorack or other modular system.

And now, an audio input allows access to the filter and FX section for external signals, in addition to the original pass-through for daisy-chaining multiple units together without using a mixer.

Options, pricing and availability
UNO Synth Pro and UNO Synth Pro Desktop will be arriving in Q1 2021 and are currently available for pre-order from the IK Multimedia online store and from IK authorized dealers worldwide for $/€649.99* and $/€399.99 respectively.

*All pricing excluding taxes

For more information about UNO Synth Pro or to see it in action, please visit: www.unosynthpro.com
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Announcing UNO Synth Pro

Postby albertpauw » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:34 am

Will Erik Norlander do a demo of the Uno Synth Pro?

I really like his relaxed style and he knows what he's talking about.

Maybe creating a song with Uno Synth only, demonstrating what you can do with it.
albertpauw

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:50 pm

albertpauw wrote:Will Erik Norlander do a demo of the Uno Synth Pro?

I really like his relaxed style and he knows what he's talking about.

Maybe creating a song with Uno Synth only, demonstrating what you can do with it.

He's our first stream from NAMM 2021 Believe in Music Week. Click the link for more info on his and other streams (plus giveaways, etc for the big event next week)
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby hallucidite » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:58 pm

Hello

it would be really great if there was a vst with.

Personally I will swap my uno for a uno pro only if there is a vst

Thank
hallucidite

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:10 am

hallucidite wrote:Hello

it would be really great if there was a vst with.

Personally I will swap my uno for a uno pro only if there is a vst

Thank

UNO Synth Pro is a full analog synth, and now all parameters are accessible without needing to access a VST/editor to do so.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rsaintj » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:40 am

Peter, I thought the presentation at NAMM today was great. Compliments to Erik.

Can you give us an idea of when a manual for the UNO Synth Pro might be available for download and review? I can figure out a lot of things from the close-ups of the panel (thanks for those) but some other things are not yet so clear (MIDI configuration, for example). Is it planned to have a Synth Pro Editor app for USP at launch similar to the existing Synth and Drum Editors?

Thanks, and congrats on a great launch!
rsaintj

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:15 pm

rsaintj wrote:Peter, I thought the presentation at NAMM today was great. Compliments to Erik.

Can you give us an idea of when a manual for the UNO Synth Pro might be available for download and review? I can figure out a lot of things from the close-ups of the panel (thanks for those) but some other things are not yet so clear (MIDI configuration, for example). Is it planned to have a Synth Pro Editor app for USP at launch similar to the existing Synth and Drum Editors?

Thanks, and congrats on a great launch!

Thank you for the kind words! I let Erik know how well his stream went last night and will keep sending him the accolades :) As far as a manual we will have one available when UNO Synth Pro ships. At this time we don't have news about an editor, noting that there are no hidden parameters - you can access all from the units themselves.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rsaintj » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:27 pm

Peter_IK wrote:At this time we don't have news about an editor, noting that there are no hidden parameters - you can access all from the units themselves.

Got it. Sorry, to be clear, my question on the Editor wasn’t about parameter control as much as it was about patch management and system configuration (MIDI, sync, etc). If the latter is all accessible on the hardware, great!

Doesn’t matter for me anyway... took a leap of faith and ordered the big boy last night as my annual single NAMM acquisition. The USP site had more than enough specs, sound and video to know that it would be worth the wait.
rsaintj

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:50 pm

Wow thank you for that! You will be very happy. I plan on getting the keyboard version too. Heavy (in a good way - meaning solid build, metal, etc) beast but will also be a sonic beast as well as a great controller.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:58 pm

Check out the second Luca Zabbini performance video - it's on fire! https://youtu.be/ERooz-M11uA

Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby crbbrc » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:55 pm

Well, I have pre-ordered and look forward to receiving. I used the show discount and am well pleased that early adopters can/could receive the price concession. Although I’m generally not a big fan of matrix function systems preferring the my knobby sub 37 but I have the original UNO and found it to be fun and no problem at all for my style. It’s interesting how many concepts are carried over from the Andromeda A6 and how some of Erik’s comments in his fun and folksy (in a good way) demo of the UNO Pro could be in response to the 2001 SOS review of the A6. That article seemed to look down on ladder and sem type filters as too “old news”. Times change.
crbbrc

Postby skibaa » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:48 pm

Peter_IK wrote:UNO Synth Pro is a full analog synth, and now all parameters are accessible without needing to access a VST/editor to do so.

a dedicated VST would allow to automate the instrument from a DAW, without setting up MIDI CC codes, with a branded GUI
skibaa

Postby crbbrc » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:03 am

Are units to begin shipping soon? Still 1st quarter (by end of this month)?
crbbrc

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:31 pm

We don't have an exact date yet but we are still planning to ship UNO Synth Pro soon.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby speakingcolors » Mon May 24, 2021 11:05 pm

I know you guys have said there's no editor as of yet(a few months back) but, we're in 2021, all synth should come with a VST Editor, lot easier and faster to control and automate everything that way. Plus, many of us has many hardware synths, all routed in into our DAW, having an editor makes it that we don't need to turn around or anything to control a synth then come back to a screen and etc, we can instead stay focus in the daw and do what we wanna do, music and creating sounds.

Is there now news about a possible Uno Synth Pro editor?

Thanks
speakingcolors

Next

Return to News and Announcements