Sound coming from Axe I/O randomly stops during playback.

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Sound coming from Axe I/O randomly stops during playback.

Postby Savandil » Mon May 06, 2024 1:37 pm

Sound coming from Axe I/O randomly stops during playback or being muted (Spotify or any audio and also witihin DAW). Then resumes after few seconds.

I have this issue from the beginning of my purchase (2019), at first i thought it was Windows 10 issue, but after moving to Mac (latest Sonoma) i'm experiencing the same behaviour. I can't exactly reproduced this issue, it happens randomly. Same bug occurs on another Axe I/O unit that my brother bought.

However i've noticed that when i was using Axe I/O as a input for guitar, but set my Output in Mac to external speakers, that issue was not present at all. Spotify audio never muted and also within DAW everything worked as it supposed to. It seems that sometimes Axe I/O is having trouble with Outputs, looks like it is muting them or putting them to "sleep" for few seconds then resumes normal operation.

I tried:
Reinstalling OS
Using USB 2.0 instead 3.0
Axe I/O is updated with latest firmware 1.10.
All outputs in Control Center are active and not muted.
Leaving only 1/2 outputs active.
Disabling Control Center from auto launch.

I believe that it is not a faulty hardware but something wrong with drivers/software, my brother is experiencing the same issue with his Axe I/O.
Savandil

Return to Interfaces & Controllers