AT5 CS (free) version - do amps from AT4 sound better in it?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AT5 CS (free) version - do amps from AT4 sound better in it?

Postby alligatorlizard » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:48 am

I've installed Amplitube 5 CS (the free version - I don't get SE as I bought AT4 too long ago apparently) - the amps I had in AT4 are all there, what I'm not clear on is this: the amp models are meant to be improved in AT5 - will I hear this in the CS version, or do I need to upgrade to SE/Full/Max to get the improved amp models?

I've read conflicting info on this, does anyone have a definitive answer?

Just asking about the amp models themselves btw, not anything in the cabinet section (am using Amplitube thru 3rd party IR's in a separate IR loader)
alligatorlizard

Re: AT5 CS (free) version - do amps from AT4 sound better in

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:27 pm

If the amp models themselves have been improved (the stock/earlier models that have been improved have a GUI typically purple in this case) you will get those improvements even in the CS version.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby alligatorlizard » Wed May 01, 2024 11:43 am

Peter_IK wrote:If the amp models themselves have been improved (the stock/earlier models that have been improved have a GUI typically purple in this case) you will get those improvements even in the CS version.

Thanks for the info! Since posting, I demo'd some of the amp models that were completely new, and decided to upgrade to 5 Max - the "Mini Plex" in particular is fantastic.

I'm curious though, how many of the older amp models actually have been improved (or altered in any way) since AT4? If you browse various forum threads on AT5, most people seem to have the impression that ALL amp models have been in some way improved - but I'm wondering if it is just due to the new cabinets that they sound different?

e.g. have the amp models in the Orange or the Slash collection been altered at all since AT4? Also I don't remember the Vintage Metal Lead sounding so good before - but this hasn't turned purple, so I'm guessing it's not actually changed?
alligatorlizard

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 01, 2024 3:21 pm

The purple change would be for any of the non-branded/stock type of amps. The improvement you hear is likely due to the engine itself being improved plus all the cabinets that were redone for AmpliTube 5 for the new VIR technology.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby alligatorlizard » Wed May 01, 2024 4:05 pm

Peter_IK wrote:The purple change would be for any of the non-branded/stock type of amps. The improvement you hear is likely due to the engine itself being improved plus all the cabinets that were redone for AmpliTube 5 for the new VIR technology.

So say you eliminated the cab section as a factor, bypassed it and used a 3rd party IR loader instead - am I correct to understand that any and all of the amps would still sound somewhat different (even if they hadn't turned purple) due to an improved overall engine thru which all the amps run?

If so, is it possible to summarize in what way the "engine" changed?

Just asking out of interest really - it all does sound great - already have an absolutely perfect Marshall crunch tone set up using the MiniPlex thru an Ownhammer "Rockbox" V30 IR - a sound I spent years chasing via Kemper profiles, but never quite found - got it almost immediately with AT5. It's good to be back to modeling!!
alligatorlizard

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling