Routing signal IN and OUT of Amplitube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Routing signal IN and OUT of Amplitube 5

Postby iHerszterg3108 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:20 am

Hello everyone, I am having an issue with Amplitube 5 and I need some help.

Currently, my guitar is connected to a pedalboard containing several pedal effects chained together in a specific order. The output of the last pedal in the chain goes to my audio interface, which I use to access Amplitube's amp and cab sims. I listen to the output through my headphones, which are connected to the audio interface's headphone output. Everything works great so far.

However, I am trying to include a Mesa/Boogie preamp in my signal chain to shape the tone in a specific way I like before the amp and cab sim in Amplitube. Unfortunately, Amplitube 5 only allows one amp to be used at a time, so I have to be creative. My audio interface has two inputs and output jacks, so I tried the following approach. First, I selected the option of using the parallel input signals in Amplitube 5. In one of the channels, I put the Mesa preamp without any cab sim (input1). In the other, I put aHiwatt amp with a cab sim (input2). I then routed my last pedal to the input1 jack on my audio interface, then the output1 to input2. My intention is to have the signal go through the Mesa preamp first, then use its output as input to the Hiwatt amp sim.

However, I'm encountering a lot of high pitched feedback in the output signal, and it doesn't seem like the output2 signal is really mono. When I connect my headphones to the output of line 2, I hear a lot of feedback, and it seems that the sound from both amps are mixed in stereo, which is not what I want. Does anyone have suggestions on how I can resolve this issue? Thank you!
iHerszterg3108

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling