Loop No Longer Working in Amplitube 4 Recorder

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Loop No Longer Working in Amplitube 4 Recorder

Postby .Brandon » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:07 pm

I'm trying to loop a section of a wav file in the recorder. I can set the loop start and end points and activate the loop button but the loop is ignored during playback. I'm not sure what's going on but it used to work.
.Brandon

Re: Loop No Longer Working in Amplitube 4 Recorder

Postby .Brandon » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:17 am

Well after further trial and error the audio still will not loop in the project, however, when I created a new project and imported the same wav file it works okay. I'm thinking it may be related to dragging the audio from one track to another, but I'm not sure.
.Brandon

Postby tdwimsatt » Fri May 08, 2020 4:59 pm

I'm having trouble with the looping function in recorder but with a track I created from scratch myself. The manual says, "You can define loop start and end points by clicking and dragging the left and right markers on the Time Bar to the start and end positions of the region you want to loop. You’ll notice a green area shows up when you do this."
It never turns green. Dark red when the loop button is not pushed and brighter red when it is pushed/enabled. The defined loop is ignored just like you describe. Sad to see there has been no response from the usual IK folks to address this. I am sure others are experiencing the same behavior. Where is Peter_IK when we need him?
Tom Wimsatt
Just2PlayGuitar.com
tdwimsatt

Postby Peter_IK » Fri May 08, 2020 5:33 pm

tdwimsatt wrote:I'm having trouble with the looping function in recorder but with a track I created from scratch myself. The manual says, "You can define loop start and end points by clicking and dragging the left and right markers on the Time Bar to the start and end positions of the region you want to loop. You’ll notice a green area shows up when you do this."
It never turns green. Dark red when the loop button is not pushed and brighter red when it is pushed/enabled. The defined loop is ignored just like you describe. Sad to see there has been no response from the usual IK folks to address this. I am sure others are experiencing the same behavior. Where is Peter_IK when we need him?

The green area is between the markers at the top in the Time Bar up top. That should be green (I just tested it by dragging the start and end markers) and will respect the loop button (also tested just now).

Note that I wasn't in this thread because it was resolved by OP, I was not necessary :lol:
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tdwimsatt » Fri May 08, 2020 5:44 pm

Peter,

You always have the answers and helpful instruction!
Anyway, I don't get green anything except the play pointer. The area between the markers is dark or light red as I mentioned. I would send you a screen shot if I could.
Tom Wimsatt
Just2PlayGuitar.com
tdwimsatt

Postby Peter_IK » Fri May 08, 2020 5:49 pm

tdwimsatt wrote:Peter,

You always have the answers and helpful instruction!
Anyway, I don't get green anything except the play pointer. The area between the markers is dark or light red as I mentioned. I would send you a screen shot if I could.

Thank you for the kind words! There is a sticky about how to post images in the forum. However, I'd recommend contacting IK Support for direct and official tech support as they would need to troubleshoot something like this to see why you are not experiencing the normal/typical behavior. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tdwimsatt » Fri May 15, 2020 3:59 pm

Peter,

I submitted a ticket (5442996) about a week ago and have heard nothing. I replied with a screenshot of what I am seeing.

Tom
Tom Wimsatt
Just2PlayGuitar.com
tdwimsatt

Postby Peter_IK » Fri May 15, 2020 10:34 pm

tdwimsatt wrote:Peter,

I submitted a ticket (5442996) about a week ago and have heard nothing. I replied with a screenshot of what I am seeing.

Tom

Hi Tom, I have relayed your ticket information to the team.

Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby asierraa » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:16 am

Hi Guys,
I found what the problem may be and thought posting it here so if anyone searching like me finds this solution

So the problem for me was that I dragged what I thought was the starting point back to the beginning and what I thought was the end to the end of my wanted loop, but in reality I flipped the starting and ending point. So I just dragged the ending point back past the starting point and looping began to work again

Regards
asierraa

Postby obispojoe » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:24 am

Thank you. I was using recorder for the first time and this was driving me nuts. No explanation in the manual from what I could tell explains how to switch from loop points to punch in punch out.
obispojoe

Postby robertlll » Mon May 06, 2024 2:51 am

At least!! thank you!!!
If the "loop bar" appears in red is because the start and the end point are inverted, it works!!! :D :D :D

asierraa wrote:Hi Guys,
I found what the problem may be and thought posting it here so if anyone searching like me finds this solution

So the problem for me was that I dragged what I thought was the starting point back to the beginning and what I thought was the end to the end of my wanted loop, but in reality I flipped the starting and ending point. So I just dragged the ending point back past the starting point and looping began to work again

Regards
robertlll

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling