Default Amp in Amplitube 4

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Default Amp in Amplitube 4

Postby jappel » Sat May 07, 2016 1:31 pm

How do you change the Default Amp in Amplitube 4? There is an option when you are in a DAW, and I've accidentally gotten the option in the standalone version so I know it's possible. I just can't find how I did it.
jappel

Re: Default Amp in Amplitube 4

Postby SpacekidX » Sun May 08, 2016 4:51 am

I don't have time to test it, but I'm pretty sure you just save over the preset 'default'.
SpacekidX

Postby jappel » Sun May 08, 2016 2:35 pm

Tried that, it doesn't work. It stores as 'Default' in the user preset folder but it doesn't come up on restart.

What I did do successfully after I posted the question was to modify the system Default by changing the amp on the amp itself. That brought the associated cabinet. Interestingly it appears to have brought in the settings I'd made on the amp I'd previously stored in the preset folder as 'Default' above. Maybe the solution is to do a two step process, store the configuration you want as 'Default' then change the amp on the system 'Default.' Didn't test it.

Warning. If you store a 'Default' amp in the user preset folder DON'T erase it. That will erase the system 'Default' too. (Thank goodness for Time Machine.)

Thanks.
jappel

Postby TheBerger » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:19 am

A product this mature should have a feature to save the last rig configuration used and have it reload when the program is restarted. I use Amplitube 4 mostly for practicing. Adding this feature would take the product from highly annoying to fantastic. The expectation for almost any application today is to have the ability to easily pick up from where you left off. PLEASE add this to your to-do list! Thank you.
TheBerger

Postby DarkStar » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:00 am

Hello and welcome to the forum.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket describing your suggestion, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby lavaxtris » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:14 am

SpacekidX wrote:I don't have time to test it, but I'm pretty sure you just save over the preset 'default'.

This works. Make sure you are saving it in the right folder. The "presets" folder and not the "custom" one.
lavaxtris

Postby deathmetalex » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:03 am

Yes, thats the way it works :)
deathmetalex

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling