So... How Does One Get AmpliTube?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

So... How Does One Get AmpliTube?

Postby Tberntson » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:30 pm

Hi There. I am a long time Mac user who has been using Macs daily since the mid-1990s, and I have never been as stumped as I am now.

I purchased the iRig2 and the iRig HD to evaluate for an online music program. The iRig2 was delivered yesterday, I took it out of the box and noticed a card with IR codes to register and download software. Neither one of the QR codes took me to the URL printed on the card. So, I tried typing in the address on the card manually and was forwarded to a general products page—even after I manually registered my iRig2 and was logged in.

So, what I cannot figure out is how to get AmpliTube on my iPad. There is no documentation anywhere that says anything like "To Download and Install Software, do this..." The QR code / "ikdownloads.com/irig2" link that came with the iRig 2 just brings me to a product page where I can purchase AmpliTube and lists some free content for the the iPad—but where do I get that? There is no app link anywhere.

In the My Products page, there is a link to download the AmpliTube Custom Shop for MacOS but not for iOS. I downloaded and installed it on my laptop, but again, that doesn't help me get it on my iPad. I have been working on this for almost two-hours now and am pretty frustrated by the lack of direction.

Is AmpliTube 4 included in my purchase?
Do I have to go to the Apple Store and purchase AmpliTube separately?

It is pretty clear that if I can get this thing working that I will have to create a tutorial video for our students to help guide them through getting this setup.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Tberntson

Re: So... How Does One Get AmpliTube?

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:56 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

The iRig2:
[url]Comes with AmpliTube FREE for iOS (free download on the App Store) and AmpliTube FREE for Samsung Pro Audio (free download on Samsung Galaxy Store), and a full suite of powerful IK applications and software[/url]

It is just a download from the App Store. I Googled and got this:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amplitube-cs-for-ipad/id373743686?mt=8

It has some gear models (7 stomps, 3 amp, 3 cabinet and 2 mics), and many more can be purchased individually or in bundles.

AmpliTube Custom Shop for MacOS (or PC) is a separate product.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Tberntson » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:04 pm

Okay, thanks.

I just went to the Apple App store and downloaded it from there. It would be really helpful if the instructions that come with the iRig directed people to the App Store and not to the IK site. It would also be really helpful if there was a "Download the App" link in the "My Products" page that brought people to the App Store to download AmpliTube.

The way the documentation is written now suggests that the app is free with the purchase of the iRig2 and can be downloaded from the site. But, the app is $9.99 and is downloaded from the App Store. So that is very confusing. There is also a process of registering your product purchase within the App that is not explained anywhere.

It is pretty clear that I will have to do a tutorial video for installing the software and going through the registration process. Otherwise, I will be swamped with questions from students.
Tberntson

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:36 pm

AmpliTube CS (as on the link above) is FREE.

The $9.99 edition (https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/amplitube-for-ipad/id373750924?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4) includes many more gear models. And, I think, that you will get that one FREE with the iRig HD 2.

This is primarily a user to user forum, so the best thing to do is report your experience and suggestions to IK Support; I would try this link:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/contact-us/
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling