Recording on Imac

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Recording on Imac

Postby borut1 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:18 pm

Hello,

i have been using Amplitube on my Ipad/Iphone for quite a few years now and i love it! Easy, does everything i ever needed and much more. It encouraged me to start recording music, making my own songs while using drum loops ... just awesome!!! Where was that 30y ago when i was playing in a band and we needed demo tapes :P

Anyways, i would like to upgrade as sometimes recording on an Ipad goes too slow and is too time consuming, especially when creating/using drum loops.

I wanted to buy Amplitube for my Imac but then i have found out it doesent contain all the features as the Ipad/Iphone version, particularly no recording, drums option. I know one can use it in Garage band but that is just too complicated for me. I tried Garage band, went right back to my Ipad. I need something simpler, like the Ipad Amplitube version that has all the things i need included.

So my question is, which IK Multimedia programs would i have to buy to have all the amps, stomp boxes but also the recording studio, drum loops ... just like the Ipad version.

Thank you for your answeres!
borut1

Re: Recording on Imac

Postby garfy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:04 am

Hello borut1 and welcome to the forum.

Although I have not used the iPad version of AT, or indeed used AT4 to record on my Mac (as I use Logic to record) it does appear that you can use it as a basic 8-track DAW.

Have a look in the manual at Chapter 11 - The Multitrack Recorder for instructions on how to do this. Although the software doesn't have pre-installed drum loops, you can import audio files into it to play along with.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: Recording on Imac

Postby carlaz » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:16 pm

This doesn't actually answer your question, but ...

(IMO) it would be well worth slowly teaching yourself the basics of GarageBand. It's a pretty powerful basic DAW (especially considering it's bundled free on all Macs!) and using Amplitube as a plug-in within it is also pretty straightforward. There are, I'm pretty sure, YouTube videos showing people setting up Amplitube within GarageBand (as well as doing other things with GarageBand). Plus, there are plenty of drum and instrument loops and (even better, IMO) the "Drummer" feature. It might all seem overwhelming at first, but with a little bit of initial effort you can quickly start making very cool play-long jam tracks and demo songs that sound remarkably good.

I used GarageBand from the time it first came out before about 10 or 11 years before eventually making the jump to Logic Pro. You can do a lot in GarageBand.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling