Volume issues on one monitor - brand new MTM MKII Pair

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

Volume issues on one monitor - brand new MTM MKII Pair

Postby simtub » Sun Oct 27, 2024 7:46 pm

Just bought a pair of iLoud MTM MKII's yesterday, hooked them up and one monitor is percievably louder than the other when both are set to 0 on the back volume dial.

- All settings are the same on both monitors
- no callibration
- updated firmware on both
- Tried balanced XLR and Phono cables and even switch the monitors around to see if it was the signal.
- volume dial has to be turned right up to max on the quieter monitor to get the same percieved loudness as the other monitor.
- Put my hand on the back of the monitor when sound is playing and noticably more air is being pushed out of the cone in the louder monitor
- I've also tried different plug sockets as I was initially getting static noise but the loudness difference is the same
- Downloaded an app on the phone to test the db levels, the quieter monitor is at least 10dbA lower at same volume setting in the back dial...

Has anyone had this issue? I am going to take them back to the store...it's very annoying
simtub

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers