What to do when support doesn't answer?

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

What to do when support doesn't answer?

Postby alecarbono » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:37 pm

Hi guys I hope you are well I ask you if anyone has had the same problem.

It's been a week and still no response from support about a problem I'm having with my speakers

They usually take a long time to respond, does anyone know of a more effective way for me to communicate with them?
alecarbono

Re: What to do when support doesn't answer?

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:00 pm

These guidelines have advice about your situation: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vi ... 10&t=19505

Basically you'd need to send your ticket number for escalation.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby alecarbono » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:58 pm

Peter_IK wrote:These guidelines have advice about your situation: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vi ... 10&t=19505

Basically you'd need to send your ticket number for escalation.

Thank you very much Pete
Since I wrote them today, I'll wait the 24 to 48 hrs but the only thing that I still see odd, and probably it's bc of me... I'm missing is the ticket number, after I sent the message to contact with support, I didn't see the number of the ticket on the final screen after sending the message with the details of my situation

Should I send it again after the 24 to 48hrs, and check the screen to note the ticket?

Thanks in advance for your time and your patience
alecarbono

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:33 pm

For a technical inquiry you should receive an email with a ticket number. Please make sure you check your junk/spam folders too. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby thomashlewis » Thu May 16, 2024 11:54 pm

I saw a shootout of 10 Rhodes-style EPs on Sweetwater, and IK was the best. It has the 'bark' I'm looking for. Nothing else does, including Lounge Lizard, which I use, but not happily, as it does not seem to have that bark, regardless of me trying to configure that for years.

After the confusion of wrestling with Kontakt, I wanted to give IK a test drive before parting with my cash (which I would be very willing to do), so I downloaded the free version of Sampletank 4 CS simply to get a feel for the interface.

MacOS, Macbook Pro, Logic Pro (Au only).

After navigating many confusing and unexplained hoops, I got the IK Sampletank to load as an instrument in Logic, and I had to do nothing to get that to happen other than for it to be resident on my laptop. I also downloaded the instruments, created an account with IK, downloaded the manuals, got a PW, etc., everything it appeared would be what to do.

There seemed to be no real instruction as to how, so I may have missed something. Sampletank loads, but I see no instruments and no way to select them. I honestly don't care how many millions of instruments and sounds there are—I just want that Rhodes EP (of course I would need the paid version of Sampletank for that, which I would be happy to purchase if this interface was not quite as inscrutable as it appears to be).

What am I missing? is there a tutorial on this? It would seem a large percentage of customers would be using Logic, so maybe that would be a good idea. I am reticent to spend money here if there is no clear path to using the product.

Little help, please?

(I'm not saying IK did not 'answer', but this looked like a thread that tech help might be focused on. Thanks in advance.)
thomashlewis

Postby thomashlewis » Fri May 17, 2024 1:51 am

I'd like to update my post above, but apparently the clock ran out [mod redacted - unnecessary]

So I'll update it here.

I opened Sampletank standalone (not as a plug-in to Logic). The instruments were available there, which gets me closer—standalone works, meaning all elements are there and working.

So I copied the samples into the location other samples are in for Logic (User/username/Audio Music Apps/Samples), restarted Logic—and still nothing.

This narrows things down. The missing link is Logic does not know where the instruments are, so it can't load them, meaning the solution would be to find a way to link Logic to them. How to use Sampletank as a plugin does not seem to be addressed in any of the videos.
thomashlewis

Return to General Discussions