3 Place License, won't accept registration code

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

3 Place License, won't accept registration code

Postby E457_music » Thu Jul 04, 2024 7:21 pm

The topic says it. We'd like to install another SampleTank4 here in our studio. What can we do, to use another instance/install of the product?
E457_music

Re: 3 Place License, won't accept registration code

Postby AndBrik62 » Fri Jul 05, 2024 4:45 pm

Yes, could we get an answer here, please? We do not intend to multi use this software, only the same user at a time. But why is the installation on the other machine denied? What are the steps to get SampleTank to work? It is, after all, a paid three place version.
AndBrik62

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 05, 2024 5:45 pm

E457_music wrote:The topic says it. We'd like to install another SampleTank4 here in our studio. What can we do, to use another instance/install of the product?

Per the EULA you can install on up to three machines but just can't use them simultaneously. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/legal for full information.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 05, 2024 5:46 pm

AndBrik62 wrote:Yes, could we get an answer here, please? We do not intend to multi use this software, only the same user at a time. But why is the installation on the other machine denied? What are the steps to get SampleTank to work? It is, after all, a paid three place version.

The only reason an installation/authorization would be denied is if you have run out of authorizations. Sounds like you may have a different issue as our licensing does not prevent the installation on up to three machines, just not to be used simultaneously as per the EULA mentioned above.

Your issue may be a technical installation issue so I'd suggest reaching out to IK Support via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw if you have not done so already.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby AndBrik62 » Tue Jul 09, 2024 5:20 pm

I have mailed to IK a few days ago, they opened a ticket. But i didn't hearfrom them since then. Is it really such a rare question, about this issue?

We have to work with SampleTank in two days, so time is getting tight. Any ideas?
AndBrik62

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:12 pm

AndBrik62 wrote:I have mailed to IK a few days ago, they opened a ticket. But i didn't hearfrom them since then. Is it really such a rare question, about this issue?

We have to work with SampleTank in two days, so time is getting tight. Any ideas?

What is your ticket number? What error are you seeing when you try to authorize SampleTank on another computer? Have you any older installations that need to be de-authorized? You can do that in IK Product Manager on those machines.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:19 pm

Note that to install on a second machine, you don't reuse/re-enter the serial number. That will already be registered in your account. You'd use IK Product Manager to install and authorize SampleTank 4 from the Software tab. Once you click "Install" next to the SampleTank 4 listing there the default set of actions is for the IK Product Manager to download, install, and authorize the product right there.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby AndBrik62 » Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:53 pm

The ticket number is #7593600. The error message is, from the top of my head (i'm at a different place right now) 'this authorization has already bee used', or similar. No, we have no older versions to de-authorize, as we have SampleTank4 4 MAX and B3-X as our first products from IK Multimedia. Except, we have to try that, because our failed attempt to install on a second machine hast caused some confusion.

Ok, then we will try it via the IK product manager. Just in case, where can i retrieve the authorization code? Ist that the one that starts with 'STX.....'?

Another question, having ha a look in my IK product manager, how are the steps to authorize the products on our other machine? Just pick the two softwares and click on 'authorize'? I just want to make sure everything runs smoothly, when we try it on thursday. And if so, are my account name and login password sufficient to authorize?

Thanks!
Last edited by AndBrik62 on Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AndBrik62

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:55 pm

You don't need an authorization code or any code. You install IK Product Manager, open it and log in, go to your SampleTank 4 listing and click "Install".
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby AndBrik62 » Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:18 pm

Understood! Thanks again!
AndBrik62

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:28 pm

No problem, I hope it helps!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby AndBrik62 » Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:37 pm

I got that. Many thanks!
AndBrik62

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:12 pm

One other note, this will install the application and plugin. You will also need your sound files. What I recommend is instead of redownloading and reinstalling them all on the second computer you can copy the sound library folder structure from the first computer to an external drive or elsewhere and copy them on to the new computer (or connect the external drive or similar). In SampleTank 4 settings you can point it to whatever sound location you want to. If you do that and rescan afterward, you should be good to go.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby AndBrik62 » Fri Jul 12, 2024 1:12 am

Unfortunately it didn't work. I tried to point it to our folder, where all the soundfiles are sitting, but the rescan failed, nothing was recognized. Not sure, what to try next. :|
AndBrik62

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 12, 2024 3:57 pm

I would recommend replying to your support ticket to bump them asking for some more suggestions as nothing is working for you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to General Discussions